Ignore Lists

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think it's a matter of "disliking" someone. This site makes it clear that certain things aren't approved of, like declawing, hoarding, not providing adequate veterinary care, not spaying or neutering, or treating pets as disposable items. When somebody posts that they've had their cats declawed because the latter have destroyed their couch, that they want their kids to experience the "miracle of life", or that they've discarded their cats because they've adopted a "more interesting" pet that they absolutely "had" to have, I question why they have the "gall" to complain about the responses they've received, and why they continue to post?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Excellent points Tricia!

I know of members who have also put people on their ignore list for consistently posting "spam" - one or two word answers that are being used only to increase their post count.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by jcat

I don't think it's a matter of "disliking" someone. This site makes it clear that certain things aren't approved of, like declawing, hoarding, not providing adequate veterinary care, not spaying or neutering, or treating pets as disposable items. When somebody posts that they've had their cats declawed because the latter have destroyed their couch, that they want their kids to experience the "miracle of life", or that they've discarded their cats because they've adopted a "more interesting" pet that they absolutely "had" to have, I question why they have the "gall" to complain about the responses they've received, and why they continue to post?
You are absolutely right
I don't think I'd 'ignore' anyone though because if I saw they had posted I'd still look to see what they said.

On the declawing thing, Nismo is terrible with her claws, not on the furniture, but on us. She has not grasped when she needs them and when she doesn't. I asked the vet to trim them while she was asleep yesterday for her spay and wow what a difference!! I haven't had one new scratch since she came home! And when she climbed under the covers this morning to claw at my legs it just tickled instead! If only people would consider this much easier option...
Hijack over.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Excellent points Tricia!

I know of members who have also put people on their ignore list for consistently posting "spam" - one or two word answers that are being used only to increase their post count.
Is that why the 20 character thing was introduced?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was one person that I actually put on ignore and it was about a year or so back, maybe longer. They seemed to constantly post responses to things that were argumentative just to get a rise out of the members. I found myself getting very agitated when I visited the site and read their replies. I figured this person wasn't worth allowing them to ruin my enjoyment of the site so I used "ignore".
I wouldn't put someone on ignore simply because I disagreed with their opinions in IMO.

I also agree 100% with Tricia's response.

I don't know why I posted all of this, no one is going to see it since I am on IGNORE!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's great Lauren!
You should tell people about that when they ask about declawing.

*end of my hijack*

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

There was one person that I actually put on ignore and it was about a year or so back, maybe longer. They seemed to constantly post responses to things that were argumentative just to get a rise out of the members. I found myself getting very agitated when I visited the site and read their replies. I figured this person wasn't worth allowing them to ruin my enjoyment of the site so I used "ignore".
I wouldn't put someone on ignore simply because I disagreed with their opinions in IMO.

I also agree 100% with Tricia's response.

I don't know why I posted all of this, no one is going to see it since I am on IGNORE!
If I wasn't ignoring you, I would agree with you!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh this thread took a long time to read - I had to click to see everyone's posts!

I have never used the ignore feature and I don't think I ever would!
I do hope that nobody ignores me though!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm thinking we are a paranoid bunch here - imagining all these other members putting us on their ignore list.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never used it, but I have considered it a few times. It was quite a while ago...but sometimes I see posts that infuriate me...and it is my problem. Sometimes people just don't understand or know much about cats and kittens...I figure it would be better to ignore someone than to post mean things to them! LOL!

I do sometimes skip over certain people's threads...but it is usually a newbie who ends up leaving after a few posts anyhow.

If someone put me on ignore, would that mean I couldn't see their posts? Is that why I rarely see CoolCat anymore...is he ignoring me?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it seems like people are ignoring me because they'll repeat the exact same thing I just said. But probably people just don't read all the posts in a thread?
I would hope if someone was mad at me they'd tell me! I wouldn't ever put anybody on my ignore list!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Sometimes it seems like people are ignoring me because they'll repeat the exact same thing I just said. But probably people just don't read all the posts in a thread?
I would hope if someone was mad at me they'd tell me! I wouldn't ever put anybody on my ignore list!
I get that too! At least now I have another excuse to this:

1) They probably didn't read my post
2) I'm on their ignore list.