Icey X Dante' mating update

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy! Celestialrags has the kittens on her siggy again. I am not sure, but I think my little guy is the second one - with his profile facing left! I know he is not the middle boy - and I don't know if the little girls have small white mitts or full ankle socks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put this siggy back just for you
I am possitive that the first one is the girl celeste calls bubbles. The smallest lightest one. If you look at her face you can see that silly spot on her nose. (The one I showed you and said she had a naghty spot if you remember) I am not sure if the second one is him or not, it looks like him in the face but his mitts look a little too high. The third one is not him for sure! and the last two I think might be the same kitten but I can't see the mitts so I am not sure if it is him or not, but I don't think so because the face looks different. I hope you can figure out how to post them pics or email them to me so I can post them. I hope you got clear pics of the feet and we can pick him out, one girl has low mitts but not as low and they were in their cage so you shouldn't have one any way. I hope the one of Honey came out well, her breeder would love to see a nice pic of her.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I put this siggy back just for you
I am possitive that the first one is the girl celeste calls bubbles. The smallest lightest one. If you look at her face you can see that silly spot on her nose. (The one I showed you and said she had a naghty spot if you remember) I am not sure if the second one is him or not, it looks like him in the face but his mitts look a little too high. The third one is not him for sure! and the last two I think might be the same kitten but I can't see the mitts so I am not sure if it is him or not, but I don't think so because the face looks different. I hope you can figure out how to post them pics or email them to me so I can post them. I hope you got clear pics of the feet and we can pick him out, one girl has low mitts but not as low and they were in their cage so you shouldn't have one any way. I hope the one of Honey came out well, her breeder would love to see a nice pic of her.
/Out of respect for you, I am going to send the photos to you first! I know that you didn't want to be in them, so you can post them however you want. I can only tell Cosmo (absolutely for sure) in one photo when the boys are by the food. I think that was when they were fighting! I am going to try and pm the links to you now!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say those are some of the cutest kittens I have ever seen!

I am glad inbadcats is getting one of the little fluff balls.

Oh.....more pictures PLEASE!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here are you few pics of Icey and Dante's new litter. They will be six weeks tomorrow. These pics were taken on saturday, one day after being 5 weeks.

This is two of the three boys the one in the front with the low mitts is lnbands baby cosmo.

This is Cosmo again. I am rethinking letting him go, LOL! He is turning into quite a handsome boy! He has a really nice chin and scoop. I really like this little one!

This is another of the boys. We only got pics of them, the girls were put away to help lnbandcats with deciding LOL! When she picked the girls were sound asleep and we didn't wake them to take pics.

The last boy.

I have a few other pics of them and mom and dad as well as Honey. I will finish loading them to photobucket and post in the fur picture thread so people like me with dial up won't have to wait half the day for them to load. I will put a link to it in here so any one can see the other cats too.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very nice pictures, Honey is a gorgeous seal colorpoint, was she an altered pet first, or related to the babies in any way?
Very cute picture of Celeste holding Dante'. I realize he is a High mitted bicolor, does he have any hock marks? Has he ever went to a show? I don't know if you have tried and he just didn't like it, I can't recall, but in the picture I saw, I didn't see any extra marks. How is his scoop and chin? I have learned they like to see the nose and chin line up straight like a pencil.
Such as this l and not like this
/ The more shows you attend and listen to the judges as they talk about each cat, the more and more you will learn about the standard. I can read the standard, but I like to see what they mean by it. If you are a member of TICA, have you joined the Ragdoll breed group, where they speak of changes to the standard, such as right now they want to change the wording in TICA about the coat, to make it easier for the judges to understand. The judges are complaining about the lengthy wording, so I believe there will be a vote soon on the BDSG soon. If you are a TICA member, email me and I will give you the email to the breeder who can help you join. It is part of Yahoo Groups. Also, in response to being a TICA member, we will have the advancement of the non-pointed Ragdolls and Mink Ragdolls for advancement on the forefront, the more people to vote no, will help us to keep our breed a pointed, blue eyed cat only. My cattery is only seal and blue in the traditional colors, blue eyes only. I will continue voting that way. Give me an email!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

Very nice pictures, Honey is a gorgeous seal colorpoint, was she an altered pet first, or related to the babies in any way?
Very cute picture of Celeste holding Dante'. I realize he is a High mitted bicolor, does he have any hock marks? Has he ever went to a show? I don't know if you have tried and he just didn't like it, I can't recall, but in the picture I saw, I didn't see any extra marks. How is his scoop and chin? I have learned they like to see the nose and chin line up straight like a pencil.
Such as this l and not like this
/ The more shows you attend and listen to the judges as they talk about each cat, the more and more you will learn about the standard. I can read the standard, but I like to see what they mean by it. If you are a member of TICA, have you joined the Ragdoll breed group, where they speak of changes to the standard, such as right now they want to change the wording in TICA about the coat, to make it easier for the judges to understand. The judges are complaining about the lengthy wording, so I believe there will be a vote soon on the BDSG soon. If you are a TICA member, email me and I will give you the email to the breeder who can help you join. It is part of Yahoo Groups. Also, in response to being a TICA member, we will have the advancement of the non-pointed Ragdolls and Mink Ragdolls for advancement on the forefront, the more people to vote no, will help us to keep our breed a pointed, blue eyed cat only. My cattery is only seal and blue in the traditional colors, blue eyes only. I will continue voting that way. Give me an email!!
Hoey was an altered pet when I got here (retired young due to complications while pregnant, so she was selected for breeding) I got her in 2002 before celeste was born, LOL! I use her to compare to the others. Honey came from sentimental I believe (canada) I never got her papers at the time it didn't matter to me, but she is the reason I decided to breed. Don't tell the others but she is my favorite
)
Dante' never was shown, I dislike his face well markings I mean, he has the same face as honey but more structured. he has that straight line from his nose to his chin and has what I thought is a nice scoop, although many people have many opinions on that. I had on picture and I think you had commented on his chin and scoop

The picture doesn't show his markings good, I just never thought he would do well because his un-even markings on his face (the inverted "V")
he doesn't have any hock spots or any thing like that and I think he would LOVE to be shown! He loves to be touched and spoken to and isn't fearfull or aggrasive or dominent, just sprays, but I am sure he wouldn't be the first to do that to the judging cage, LOL!
I haven't gotten my thing out to be a member, just a registered cattery so far. I will try to be a member soon, I hate to not have a vote to keep ragdolls for what they are known for, a pointed blue eyed cat. Mabey when I send out my kittens registration I will get that in too.
I am hoping to go to a few shows as well just to watch, I like to hear what the judges say about each cat and why they chose it. The written standards
only help so much.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His V, while off, isn't going to keep him from showing. If you feel his temperament is there, I say take him out, at least a few times and see how he does. It will nice to hear the qualities and faults, and to use that knowledge when finding him mates. You are very right about opinions on ragdoll looks, especially those scoops. It seems that every breeder and judge has their opinions on those. The one judge my husband spoke with, thought they were seeing too many Persian looking Ragdolls, coats being thicker, longer, and bodies shorter and cobbier. That, if of course, only one judges opinion out of the 12. CJ didn't get a chance to speak with any others. I know of Rose of Sentimental in Canda, Kiara has many of her lines within her pedigree. Kiara also is a high mitted, first litter with high mitted bicolor gave us almost all perfect marked high mitted bicolors, (not to be confused with the mismark of a mitted Ragdoll with large white spotting on face, often reffered to as a mitted bicolor, but if used in a breeding program, will breed mitted.) Second litter gave us just that, as we placed her with a colorpoint, to test breed to know the exact genotype of her. The kittens are both mismarks, both mitteds, proving her to be the high mitted, that we believed her to be, but also giving both blue mitted kittens equal left white split face blazes. A male and female, they are both of nice type, but not the showing that I was hoping for. Since we are having the time, we are enjoying showing and would rather be patient for both the type and patterning.
Get that boy out to a show, if you have time, he may well surprise you!!
Isn't Dorothy close, go and ask her how she feels about him showing, she can give a hands on approach. Also, you have the ability to try TICA, and CFA as long as just he is registered in such, and while I don't know of many ACFA shows down this way, you may even check into showing him in ACFA. Keep me updated!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
celestialrags;1755808 said:
here are you few pics of Icey and Dante's new litter. They will be six weeks tomorrow. These pics were taken on saturday, one day after being 5 weeks.

This is two of the three boys the one in the front with the low mitts is lnbands baby cosmo.

This is Cosmo again. I am rethinking letting him go, LOL! He is turning into quite a handsome boy! He has a really nice chin and scoop. I really like this little one!

Enough said! My little boy is so special!