I want a kitten

missatoms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had many cats throughout my life. My experience has always been that the boys are the most (consistently) cuddly. And, for what it's worth, out of all the male cats we've had, only one has been a sprayer.

Our alpha female, Princess, has never and will never be cuddly. She tolerates our other cats, but not too well. However, our alpha male Rocky cuddles with everything - human or animal. He even cleans our kittens and is not threatened by anything ever. My kittens, Max and Vladimir, are both snuggly as all get out, although Vladimir is more so than Max. He'll follow you around and meow at you until you pick him up. Pretty much every male tuxedo I've come in contact with is that way.

The only reason I'd be hesitant about this decision (if I were you) is because Zoey sounds a lot like Princess in terms of attitude and behavior. Princess isn't really bitchy (for lack of a better word) but she likes to do her own thing and has a lot of independence. She also loves the window perch and spends most of her day lying on it doing nothing. Zoey may never forgive you for bringing another cat home *OR* she might be happy to have more space. I'm not sure if Princess acts the way she does because she doesn't like other cats or if that's just her personality. She does get along better with males than females though - she's scared of other females and whenever we've taken them in from time to time, she would hide on top of an armoir. She was so scared that we had to feed her up there and put the female cats in another room so that she could come down and use the litter box.

I would definitely *not* get another female, in this case. But I think a male kitty that's been around other cats would be a good idea, if you do decide to go ahead with your decision..

Good luck.. any cat would be very lucky to have you as an owner. The love you have for Zoey is felt by all of us and I think that's why your neighbor says you have a way with her cats.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
Well it would be a good idea except, Zoey never reacts after I've touched another cat. I come home after playing with ChiChi at my parents house all day and Zoey could care less.

Kim that's pretty amazing. I dont think I could picture Zoey cuddling with any other cat though.. I mean she doesnt even cuddle with me

Ginger, I sit at the comp all nite, she could come up on my lap if she wanted. She just chooses not to. She loves attention, but only when she wants it.. and she doesnt like me all up in her face

I really would rather get a female, but I just hear males are more affectionate, and less of a threat to females than females..
can anyone confirm this. I really really dont want to deal with spraying though.
Now that I have alot of boy and girl cats I think it just depends on the cat. Most of my cats are very cuddley. The only one that doesn't like to snuggle is granet the solid gray one, but even he is starting to come around. Knock on wood, I have never had a problem with spraying. I say get the kind of cat you want. I think zoey will adjust either way male or female. I used to prefer males but know I it doesn't really matter to me anymore. I love my little princesses just as much as the boys

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So..... did I miss something? Any decision? Did you bring home a kitty and I missed it??????????

And a couple of posts or pages ago, you mentioned Zoey's not her normal head-butty self when Blinky's around.... THAT is normal!!!!! It takes our kitties here anything from a few days to a few weeks to get back to their purring or playful selves when we bring a newcomer home. All you'd have to do is give Zoey LOTS of extra attention (not that she doesn't get enough now, LOL!), greet her first, etc.

So? So? So?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LMAO! Noo new kitty yet

Trust me you'd know, cuz I'd be posting a million pictures

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I dont know

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Binky is over playing right now!
This is so entertaining. He's chasing a ping pong ball all over the house and Zoey is deciding if she wants to play or not
She will run up to him and make her "bprrr!!" sound like she does when she plays, but then she kinda stops in front of him, not quite sure if she should or not. And they have both raised their paws at each other like in playing attack mode it is so cute and funny. I think she feels more comfortable around him!

Yet when she sees the stray girl outside she isnt as happy.

Ok I'm getting a boy

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree!! It's like each time it gets better

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! LOL! Binky already runs straight from his house right into mine

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! Sicy - Binky is too much!!!!!! I love him - he looks cute with Zoey. Was Binky's mouth opened in that pic because he was meowing or was he panting? What a funny shot! LOLOLOL!!!