I think she's pregnant...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are super grooming today...focusing on our milk makers and lady bits!

Im thinking of moving her nest and all her supplies into a separate room. I'm not sure though. Everything is set up in my room currently and she spends most of the day in here with me (my room is also my home office) but maybe she wants more privacy...

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't see Sophie's babies moving as much lately. Should I be worried or does it just mean she's getting close?

Also, she's been spending a lot of time in her box lately. But has no other signs of impending labor. I thought they don't go into their box until they're ready to give birth...

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She probably still has a few more days to go yet. But she is getting there! If they're moving less it's because they are running out of free space in there.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still no kitties :/
I was sure they would come this weekend.

She has basically moved into her box. As long as I'm in my room, she is in her box with the exception of maybe 10 min at a time that she comes onto my bed for me to pet her.

I really hope they come this week!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I was right originally thinking it would be around the 22nd... Cuz we still don't have kitties.

One more week...not too bad!

I just feel bad for her that she'll have them even there are 11 people here (8 of which are strangers to her). I'm gonna keep her in my room though for her privacy and protection. So maybe it will be alright.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should be fine in your room. How long will the guests be there?

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most for just a week.
But my mother is staying for an extra two weeks.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's doing great! Sleeping a ton!!!

She's a little annoyed lately. Been snapping easier then usual lately. I have to warn the kids not to bother her.

And she's eating like a crazy kitty! She goes through a 5 lb bag of premium cat food in 2 weeks!!! It's hard to keep up with her appetite.

The hair around her nipples has also fallen out and the kittens are moving much less.

Not too much longer to go :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's getting much closer. They do eat a lot, that's for sure! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

purple finch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi princess sophia!

Firstly Mavel Tov for your Sophie's pregnancy!!

Secondly I'm so pleased you opted not to have her kittens aborted by the vet.

My Gretchen was pregnant [4/5 weeks along] and my vet insisted I had them aborted and it was the Worst decision of my life. 

This happened last Friday 15th April and I have been devastated since.  

The vet filled my head with the negatives of having kittens and that she was too young [she's 7 months] would have been 8 months at time of delivery and that she might need a c-section.

I understand that yes as she's so young and still a kitten she might have had complications and it could have been a sad situation but the vet was so insensitive.

Gretchen can never be a mother now and not that I planned on making her a breeding machine I would have at least liked her to have one litter. 

Again I might not have done I don't know and I was planning on spaying her anyway but not whilst she was pregnant. I can't believe the vet bullied me into this. 

I've been crying for days taking days off work lying in bed until 10:00am and just not feeling well. 

The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that she's ok and making a speedy recovery after her operation. 

Please don't think I'm crazy with my negative comments but my cats [I have three] are my family. I found all of them abandoned as kittens and reared them as my own and can't live without them. 

I turned to my Holistic lady for comfort and she told me that Gretchen told her there were 4 kittens and that Gretchen was upset with my decision but she accepted it. She and Gretchen then named the kittens and sent them into the light to find a new body from. I light a candle every night in their memory and to help them find their way. 

The vet confirmed 4 kittens so I truly do believe in my Holistic lady….they have never met or spoken so I know she wasn't making this up. 

Sorry for the negative story I'm just so upset. I guess I'm letting off steam and just warning others to be 100% certain before they make a decision to abort their unborn kittens. 

Well done for listening to your instincts and I'm sure Sophie will be a superb and loving mother!!! :-)

All the very best to you and Sophie!! :-) :-)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi princess sophia!

Firstly Mavel Tov for your Sophie's pregnancy!!

Secondly I'm so pleased you opted not to have her kittens aborted by the vet.

My Gretchen was pregnant [4/5 weeks along] and my vet insisted I had them aborted and it was the Worst decision of my life. 
This happened last Friday 15th April and I have been devastated since.  

The vet filled my head with the negatives of having kittens and that she was too young [she's 7 months] would have been 8 months at time of delivery and that she might need a c-section.
I understand that yes as she's so young and still a kitten she might have had complications and it could have been a sad situation but the vet was so insensitive.

Gretchen can never be a mother now and not that I planned on making her a breeding machine I would have at least liked her to have one litter. 
Again I might not have done I don't know and I was planning on spaying her anyway but not whilst she was pregnant. I can't believe the vet bullied me into this. 

I've been crying for days taking days off work lying in bed until 10:00am and just not feeling well. 
The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that she's ok and making a speedy recovery after her operation. 

Please don't think I'm crazy with my negative comments but my cats [I have three] are my family. I found all of them abandoned as kittens and reared them as my own and can't live without them. 
I turned to my Holistic lady for comfort and she told me that Gretchen told her there were 4 kittens and that Gretchen was upset with my decision but she accepted it. She and Gretchen then named the kittens and sent them into the light to find a new body from. I light a candle every night in their memory and to help them find their way. 

The vet confirmed 4 kittens so I truly do believe in my Holistic lady….they have never met or spoken so I know she wasn't making this up. 

Sorry for the negative story I'm just so upset. I guess I'm letting off steam and just warning others to be 100% certain before they make a decision to abort their unborn kittens. 

Well done for listening to your instincts and I'm sure Sophie will be a superb and loving mother!!! :-)

All the very best to you and Sophie!! :-) :-)
Choosing to abort kittens is a sensitive and difficult decision, for sure. However, please know that your cat does not have any desire to be a mother. She had hormones telling her to mate, but that's not the same as a human's desire to have children. It's very important not to assign your feelings to your cat.

The truth is that she is very young, and it's dangerous for her to be pregnant and deliver at that age. Her body isn't fully developed and she does not have reserves. The vet was not wrong. Of course, you shouldn't have felt pressured.

The other truth is that your cat will be happier and healthier without heat cycles or litters of kittens, so you have done right by her in the end. I hope you will consider having your others fixed as well.

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sophie is doing well. Not liking the guests starting to arrive but she's putting up with it very well...All things considered.

We'll see how she handles being kept in my room starting Friday.