I think my cat is pregnant but unsure?

Helenxoxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3 year old seal point Persian female and an 18 month old bicolour tabby Persian male. So far he has struggled to mate as she is a bit bigger than him. However about 4 weeks ago she went on heat but only for 2 days then it stopped. Since then she had red swollen nipples off and on, been very needy and sleeping in bed with us every night ( which is unusual) had more of an appetite and not been on heat until today. She is acting like she may be on heat but very very light symptoms. She’s isn’t making loud noises like usual and raising her behind. I’m not sure now if she is pregnant. Any advice please?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its two fully possible variations. 1. false pregnancy / early abort, and now new heat
2. She IS preg, and does has another heat.

Because, its not common but does happens, they CAN have 2 different litters simultanously. So apparently, they CAN become in heat a 3-4 weeks into the pregnancy.

Among others, my ex neigbour had a kitten from such a second litter. She knew it for sure. It was a from a barn cat, and the farmer, as is the old custom, drowned her litter... but when she did come 3 weeks later with this kitten, even he understood something unusual happened here - and made sure the kitten got to grown up, and he made sure it got a good home.

To summarize: continue to hope and wait. do NOT let your stud mate with her.

If you dont plan on further litters, it may be time to think about neutering??
Toms arent dangerous to the kittens if they are friends with momma. But she can become pregnant anew just a few days after delivery.