catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormchickx

I like Quizno's broccoli soup. *drool*
Me too.

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Never heard of it! However, if you really like it, you can count on it disappearing. The only thing I ever liked at Macs was the McRib, which comes just long enough to get me hooked and then goes away for a couple years again. This has been going on for twenty years.
According to a paper I got in the mail earlier this week, the McRib is coming back March 17. I don't know if thats just in Canada or not though. I have never had one before, but I'm not sure I want to because if its good then I will get addicted and I am trying to lose weight.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I don't eat at McDonald's but out of curiosity I checked the ingredients.
http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?...m&itemID=10123

Why does everyone put sugar in everything? And why does broccoli soup need to be made of 28 ingredients?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your soup.
thanks for scaring me

i do agree why do we keep putting so much surger in everything

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!

Have you ever eaten that white cheddar popcorn that's in a black bag? (Can't remember the name.) One of the guys I work with calls it "crack in a bag."

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Not available here in CA.

When we were in Munich this past summer, we went to the MacDonalds for a bathroom break. There was a Starbucks type mini cafe on one side. It had specialty coffee, pastries, and candles on little tables. No joke.
We have those here in NZ too - they are called McCafe.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Never knew that, Kellye, what a neat fact!

I haven't checked out McDonalds in a long time, but I've not heard that we have soup around here. If it's that good, I sure hope we get it soon!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of our Mc Donalds having soup before....then again though i rarely ever go to Mc Donalds. I wonder if the one near me has it

If you have a Mcalister's near you though- you seriously should try their broccli cheddar soup in a bread bowl- it's AMAZING!!!!
(for my fellow lactose intolerant friends- be sure to take lots of lactaid pills before eating it
-it's worth it!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had Quizno's and Panera's broccoli soups too and there are delish!!
but McD's has a drive-thru

maybe it's broccoli that is a drug to me

I think you're right, Bruce, it will go away as soon as Spring is here

I try not to look at ingredient lists, they may make me lose my appetite
and strangewings, I will be sure to watch out for purring and leg-rubbing

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Never heard of it! However, if you really like it, you can count on it disappearing. The only thing I ever liked at Macs was the McRib, which comes just long enough to get me hooked and then goes away for a couple years again. This has been going on for twenty years.
I agree completely. McRib is the only thing I like.
Here though it comes back about one month out of the year. I try to get my fill.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got Quizno's broccoli soup today- someone stop me!!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

LOL!

Have you ever eaten that white cheddar popcorn that's in a black bag? (Can't remember the name.) One of the guys I work with calls it "crack in a bag."
Smartfood...
It is crack in a bag!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Not available here in CA.

When we were in Munich this past summer, we went to the MacDonalds for a bathroom break. There was a Starbucks type mini cafe on one side. It had specialty coffee, pastries, and candles on little tables. No joke.
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I thought they were all over. The McCafes in Germany are really giving Starbucks a run for their money. Who'd have thought that?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like anyone's broccoli soup or broccoli cheese soup ever since a friend of mine gave me some chicken broccoli cheese soup she had made...that stuff is SO GOOD that I just can't eat any others! Luckily she gave me the recipe, so I'm set. It's really high in calories though so I only make it like once a year!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

Luckily she gave me the recipe, so I'm set. It's really high in calories though so I only make it like once a year!
You can't make a post like this and not share the recipe.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I don't like anyone's broccoli soup or broccoli cheese soup ever since a friend of mine gave me some chicken broccoli cheese soup she had made...that stuff is SO GOOD that I just can't eat any others!
I agree, once you've had a good homemade soup the other just don't compare!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE Panera's broccoli soup! MMmmmmmm......

I can't eat McDonald's. My stomach gets soooo upset! I do still love their fries but since its been about 6 months since eating any fast food, I don't really crave them anymore

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One word....MSG, a naturally occurring and added food ingredient that improves flavor, or increases our sensitivity to said flavors. It actually makes one's brain think that something is great, and want more and more, even if it isn't that good! (Don't get me started on MSG here though, or this will wind up in the IMO forum, lol!)

here's the list of ingredients from McD's site...
Water, broccoli, cream, modified food starch, cheddar cheese (milk, cheese culture, salt, enzyme), vegetable oil (corn, canola, cottonseed or partially hydrogenated soybean oil), contains less than 2% of the following ingredients: pasteurized process cheese spread (American cheese [pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes], water, whey, sodium phosphate, whey protein concentrate, skim milk, salt, milkfat, artificial color), dried dairy blend (whey, calcium and sodium caseinate), enriched flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), salt, parmesan cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzyme), sugar, flavoring (natural flavors including dairy products and autolyzed yeast extract, disodium phosphate), potato starch, yeast extract, sodium phosphate, onion powder, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, spice. CONTAINS: MILK, WHEAT (Source: http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?...m&itemID=10123)

and a list of assorted names that MSG can hide under....
Food Additives that ALWAYS contain MSG

* Monosodium Glutamate
* Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
* Hydrolyzed Protein
* Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
* Plant Protein Extract
* Sodium Caseinate
* Calcium Caseinate
* Yeast Extract
* Textured Protein (Including TVP)
* Autolyzed Yeast
* Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
* Corn Oil

Food Additives That FREQUENTLY Contain MSG
* Malt Extract
* Malt Flavoring
* Bouillon
* Broth
* Stock
* Flavoring
* Natural Flavors/Flavoring
* Natural Beef Or Chicken Flavoring
* Seasoning
* Spices

Food Additives That MAY Contain MSG Or Excitotoxins
* Carrageenan
* Enzymes
* Soy Protein Concentrate
* Soy Protein Isolate
* Whey Protein Concentrate

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

One word....MSG, a naturally occurring and added food ingredient that improves flavor, or increases our sensitivity to said flavors. It actually makes one's brain think that something is great, and want more and more, even if it isn't that good! (Don't get me started on MSG here though, or this will wind up in the IMO forum, lol!)

here's the list of ingredients from McD's site...
Water, broccoli, cream, modified food starch, cheddar cheese (milk, cheese culture, salt, enzyme), vegetable oil (corn, canola, cottonseed or partially hydrogenated soybean oil), contains less than 2% of the following ingredients: pasteurized process cheese spread (American cheese [pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes], water, whey, sodium phosphate, whey protein concentrate, skim milk, salt, milkfat, artificial color), dried dairy blend (whey, calcium and sodium caseinate), enriched flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), salt, parmesan cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzyme), sugar, flavoring (natural flavors including dairy products and autolyzed yeast extract, disodium phosphate), potato starch, yeast extract, sodium phosphate, onion powder, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, spice. CONTAINS: MILK, WHEAT (Source: http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?...m&itemID=10123)

and a list of assorted names that MSG can hide under....
Food Additives that ALWAYS contain MSG

* Monosodium Glutamate
* Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
* Hydrolyzed Protein
* Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
* Plant Protein Extract
* Sodium Caseinate
* Calcium Caseinate
* Yeast Extract
* Textured Protein (Including TVP)
* Autolyzed Yeast
* Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
* Corn Oil

Food Additives That FREQUENTLY Contain MSG
* Malt Extract
* Malt Flavoring
* Bouillon
* Broth
* Stock
* Flavoring
* Natural Flavors/Flavoring
* Natural Beef Or Chicken Flavoring
* Seasoning
* Spices

Food Additives That MAY Contain MSG Or Excitotoxins
* Carrageenan
* Enzymes
* Soy Protein Concentrate
* Soy Protein Isolate
* Whey Protein Concentrate
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You can't make a post like this and not share the recipe.
LOL here is the recipe!

Very Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Cheese Soup

Ingredients:

* 4 cups water
* 2 chicken boullion cubes
* 2-3 cups diced potatoes
* 1 box or bag frozen broccoli florets
* 2 cups carrots
* 1 onion (optional, I don't use it)
* 2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken soup
* milk (1 Cream of Chicken can)
* 1 to 1 1/2 lbs Velveeta (Use 1 1/2 lbs if you like it very cheesy)

Dice the potatoes and cut carrots and onions (if using) into small pieces. Dice the Velveeta into small cubes and store in the fridge.
Pour 4 cups of water and 1-2 chicken boullion cubes into a LARGE pot, and bring to a boil. Add diced potatoes (and carrots/onions if you're using them). After about 10 minutes,(original recipe said 5 minutes, but the broccoli disintegrates if you put it in too soon) add the box/bag of broccoli. (if the pieces are very large, you can break them up into smaller pieces).
Cook about 15 minutes, or until the veggies are done.
Add 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup and one soup can of milk.
Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
Slowly add the Velveeta cubes while stirring.
Cook, stirring often, until all cheese is melted.

Serve with italian bread for dipping.
Leftover soup can be frozen or refrigerated, and taste great reheated in the microwave or on the stove.