I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bootie helps so much...I don't have to roll the ball of my foot and the pressure off my metatarsals helps too. Hopefully, I'll be able to serve my tables fast enough! It definitely slows down my walking speed.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

The bootie helps so much...I don't have to roll the ball of my foot and the pressure off my metatarsals helps too. Hopefully, I'll be able to serve my tables fast enough! It definitely slows down my walking speed.
Once you start healing a bit and get used to the boot, you'll get your speed back.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Wow you sure are starting the year off on the wrong foot, sorry no pun intended. I'm sending you and yours lots of good wishes and I hope your mom will be ok.
That's okay. It helps to keep a good sense of humor about things.

About my mom, she has Primary Pulmonary Hypertension due to an autoimunnue disorder that attacked the blood vessels in her lungs. At her diagnosis six years ago, they expected her to die in a couple years. But she's on an experimental drug that has now been approved that has really seemed to slow down the progression of the disease. She still can't even walk out of her room without getting REALLY out of breath (she sounds horrible, moaning and everything) and she's on 5 L of oxygen 24/7. She has a hard time with activities of daily living, and me helping her with those is a strain as well.. but I've adjusted. I just hope she doesn't have to go to a nursing home. Hopefully, I'll be a nurse by then and I can take care of her at home.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!! I am sorry things are going so bad right now for you
Just remember that things have to get better sometime, and they will. Sending many vibes your way hun{{{{}}}}

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm feeling much better now thanks to you guys and some pain meds.

I'm more worried about my husband... he sure could use some Valium right now!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you, your husband, and your mom. I really hope that things start to get better for you.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww that stinks!

Get a walking cast or brace or something. Then if your restaraunt customers ask what happened, just tell them. Maybe you'll get a bigger tip!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shannon Honey, I'm so sorry about your foot! Isn't it just like a cat to be the one to cause troubles...funny ones tho! Keep your sense of humour, it's great.

Sending you lots and lots of positive healing energy from waaaayyyyy over here!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Awww that stinks!

Get a walking cast or brace or something. Then if your restaraunt customers ask what happened, just tell them. Maybe you'll get a bigger tip!!!
I wore my bootie today to work. I got sent home because I'm not allowed to wear anything not a part of the uniform.
I even gave them the doc note saying I needed to wear it. They said they won't schedule me for a week, and if I still need to wear the bootie after that, I'll need to find another job.

This is ridiculous. I know someone else wore one several months ago, but corporate policy could have changed since then (they've been making all sorts of ridiculous rules lately). There's a girl who wears a back brace on the outside of her uniform and another who wears a wrist brace. I'm going to call tomorrow and hope a different manager is there and mention those things. The one that saw me today is kind of a witch and like to look for things that people are doing wrong.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is ridiculous! I would be going straight to HR for that one, I worked in the restaurant when I broke my foot and I was "allowed" to wear it. Like you said, people wear wrist braces all the time..... I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So here's the story-- My boss takes one look at me this morning and says to go home, I can't work like that. It doesn't fit the uniform and I could slip in the kitchen. I said that there are non-slip covers I can wear. She says it doesn't matter, I could get hurt. Yeah, I'm a waitress and it will be a pain in the butt given the bootie and such, but as long as I have a section close to the kitchen, it shouldn't be too bad.

!?!?!??! What the %^&*! This lady is a witch anyway and walks around the restaurant looking for things you are doing imperfectly so she can call you on it in front of your customers (she will say you need to take a tray if you decide not to to carry one fricking glass, little retarded stuff like that... in front of your table). She's on the biggest power trip I've ever seen in a boss. I hate her guts.

So I just called her so she could clarify. She said to take it up with Karl, the big boss. Which I will. Because he's reasonable and I think he'll think she's being retarded. I have my doc's note, and I can deal with the pain, so **** off... thank you very much. I can't afford a week off work because Ms. Witch doesn't like the idea of me serving with a brace on my foot (did I mention that someone has a back brace, and someone else wears wrist braces on both wrists? and that I've seen someone else wear this kind of bootie before too?).

Ugh. I'm hoping the head manager will take my side.

Sorry for the rant. I'm thinking of looking for a new job anyway. I love waitressing, but the environment there is just awful.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending lots of calm, healing vibes.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I need them! I'm about to go take a nap.... screw the Superbowl.
I need the rest.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That sounds like a direct violation of the American's with Disabilities Act which covers businesses with 15 or more employees. You can perform the job with only minor accomodation from them. I don't know for sure as I'm not an attorney.

Do check with whomever is in charge. They are the ones who take the ultimate responsibilily.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe I really hope that the "big wig" will side with you on this one because that other lady is being truely unfair.

Sending you some more get well vibes

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is against the law for that woman to do that. Please take it up with the person above her! Would you like me to smash that heifer with Susie's hammer for ya?
What a she devil! I'm sorry she was so rotten to you.
How is you foot feeling tonight gorgeous? I had surgery on both feet a few years back and had a boot cast on each foot for several months
Talk about walking funny
I hope you get to feeling better soon!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Starry! Thanks for asking! I'm going in to the big whig tomorrow. Keep fingers crossed for me... and I'll be doing the same for your doc appt!

My foot is VERY stiff, but a little less swollen, and I no longer feel shooting pains every time I put weight on it, so I guess it's going really well. I just can't walk on it without the bootie or it feels like I'm going to twist it some odd way again. Putting weight on the ball of my foot and walking normally doesn't work mainly just because it feels unstable. The drugs help. The drugs always help.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi, I hope everything starts to get better in your life soon.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I bruised my toe quite badly kicking the computer yesterday and have been complaining about the pain but then I have my feet up at home and don't have to work.

Sending Godiva healing vibes and hoping that you find a solution to your financial problems soon

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you guys are having such a rough time - it's not fair when bad things keep happening to nice, hard working people!!!

Good luck with the big boss today, and if he agrees you should have even a couple of days off, then take that time to go searching for a better job anyway! This place you're at sounds horrible!