I think I'm dehydrated...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

...and 80/40 is bad?
It is if it's not your usual blood pressure!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

...and 80/40 is bad?
Oh my gosh, yes! Though it can vary somewhat from person to person, normal is something like 120/70! I can't imagine even being conscious at 80/40!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just as an update, it turns out I have a stomach flu (aka gastro). I'm ok as long as I don't eat... Yes I know about the "BRAT" diet, and to drink lots of Gatorade and water, and am going to try some toast this morning.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh my gosh, yes! Though it can vary somewhat from person to person, normal is something like 120/70! I can't imagine even being conscious at 80/40!
I'm not sure I have a "normal". My range is anywhere from 40s/30s to 110/70s , with any combination in between. I've even had one reading of 33/24, but that had to have been wrong.
I have to have medication to raise my blood pressure just to get it to the 100s/70s area.

Originally Posted by sarahp

Just as an update, it turns out I have a stomach flu (aka gastro). I'm ok as long as I don't eat... Yes I know about the "BRAT" diet, and to drink lots of Gatorade and water, and am going to try some toast this morning.
You haven't ate any raw tomatoes lately, have you? Though I think California's are fine.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if it may be giardia. I had some water from a water bottle that tasted yucky and I realised hadn't been washed out since before our trip away.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You'd likely be having big, loud, suflurous burps if it was giardia. That's how that makes its presence known. However, it could be any number of other things and if you feel like trying toast, I'll bet you've turned the corner.