I think I married the wrong guy

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have told many girls not to marry any guy who says he doesn't like cats. Almost universally, what a guy doesn't like in a cat is its independence, and if he's not man enough to take it from a cat, he's not man enough to tolerate it in a wife, either.

But money problems are one of the biggest causes of trouble in any marriage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is major thing is the hair and smell. Hair more. considering I vacuumed all the time and sweep now we have little carpet(done partly cause of stupid peeing dog but more for my allergies) Smell I dont see that much cause the play room has an exhaustand a window fan and is not directly connected to the house. He grew up where NO ONE owns a pet. one aunt feeds strays thats it.
Today we talked alot. we have a mom and 6 new born babies staying till her spay gets cleared up enough to send her to my moms(possible retained kitten/infection? just spaying as opposed to xrays and costly things)

He actually was holding them and the 2 week olds. And asking to hold the one again(hes got a thing for blacks sorta cause the first kitten we had together was ty and he calls the kittens all lil tys...) Putting in another application regardless today for a job that jsut came up at a local grocery for food delivery and whatever else they might have open. not far away and petsmarts on way home....oh that may be a bad idea.

He understands the 7 new ones will be going back and why they are here. Mom and sister have no one willing to do this for the price and if need be the bottle feedings. I told him worst case 4 weeks best case a week.

We also talked about how the dryer area is bad for him to see and how bil is going to floor paint(concrete so can use garage floor paint) and then it will be easier cleaned(and hidden for what I cant get between sweepings. Getting a new to us futon and !!! has a awesome black cover I will swap with our current one that hides hair(please I am not trying to not clean its just between cleanings i will have better luck of him not noticing.

Just fingers crossed mom cat gets home ok. and we can get her moved out fast as thats a stress-shes in our bedroom the only ac room as only cool room is cat room and um yeah that wont work poor thing would have a heart attack in there.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry things aren't going so well. Maybe he's just stressed out and worrying too much about certain things, and taking it out on the wrong ones? DH wasn't a cat person when we were younger, he got into cats because of me and me alone, and he always told me that every time we'd take in a stray to foster (since they'd always stay at his house), he'd go "you know I don't like cats right?" so I'd ask him why he kept letting me do it, he said "cause it makes you happy and I love to see how happy you are... plus I'm not cruel or anything" LOL! You might wanna have a sit down talk with him and find out what's going on. Good luck!