I think I am slowly losing control

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't read all the replies on this thread, just skimmed them. But from just reading your post my recommendation is to see a counselor.

That said, counselors are people and some times you don't fit with the first or sometimes even the second one.

In my case I was lucky and the first one I saw was a perfect fit. In the beginning I went once a week. I went for two and a half years and probably would still go every few months but she changed practices and move away.

Also, in the middle of the two years I changed job also. And more important Chester came into my life.

My point is....listen to the cat people and find a counselor!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Honestly, i can
I was only 24 when my dad died of a massive stroke, but i held the doctors responsible and we were ready to take things further, as in a court battle for neglect. But after lengthy talks with a lawyer who said he would happily take the case on, but warned us that taking the medical profession on isn't quite as simple as it seems, plus it could take years and really, did we want to put ourselves through any more upset than we were already in?
At the end of the day nothing and no one could bring my dad back.

Your still going through the stages of grief Sabrina, and want to blame someone for taking your mum, i know, i did that with my dad
I'm so very sorry.
I worded that sentence very badly. I did not mean that many people couldn't relate to what happened to her in the end, but that not many could relate to how she got to that point.

It doesn't matter how a parent dies, it's a horrible feeling and something you wish that you could fix or trade places with.

I was thinking of a lawyer, but like you mentioned, it could take year, and with the doctor dead, what is the point?

I've been writing to my cousin and she seems to really understand since my mom was her favorite aunt. It has hit her hard also. I'm hoping time with her will help.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My doctor recommended someone else so I will try her. I may do better with a female anyway. I doubt I will get in before I leave so I will have to go once we get back.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great, Sabrina! And yes, I think a woman will probably understand your feelings better, too. I'm so glad you have a plan in place!

You're on your way now! And when it seems bleak, try to remind yourself that it's not going to be this way forever -- you've taken action, and you're entering a process of positive change. You're going to feel a lot better soon.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That's great, Sabrina! And yes, I think a woman will probably understand your feelings better, too. I'm so glad you have a plan in place!

You're on your way now! And when it seems bleak, try to remind yourself that it's not going to be this way forever -- you've taken action, and you're entering a process of positive change. You're going to feel a lot better soon.
women just understand women better, IMO!
so glad you're going to try again!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sabrina that's brilliant!
Now you get packing for your holiday and put all of this to the back of your mind until you get back, it's hard, but try because your mum would want you to

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I looked at her picture and she looked like she could be the one. Ever look at a picture of someone and ever just get that feeling? Whether good or bad?

Originally Posted by laureen227

women just understand women better, IMO!
so glad you're going to try again!

I think I would feel more comfortable talking to a woman.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Sabrina that's brilliant!
Now you get packing for your holiday and put all of this to the back of your mind until you get back, it's hard, but try because your mum would want you to
My appointment isn't until September. That's the problem with the hospital I work at. It takes MONTHS before you get in anywhere! Even then I have to have a consultation first, so I won't actually get any real help until after that.