I swear ! Men can't do anything

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of us don't. And that's OK.
My husband can't fix scrambled eggs this morning I had to do it for him.How hard is it to break a couple of eggs and put them in a pan ,and STIR ???????????

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We get it, dejolane... your husband doesn't help around the house.  Honestly just saying all the things he won't/can't do isn't helping.

Talk to him about doing more.. sit down and thrash it out.  You've been together so long, surely you can discuss this. 

And if he just won't change, decided what to do about it.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get it, dejolane... your husband doesn't help around the house.  Honestly just saying all the things he won't/can't do isn't helping.

Talk to him about doing more.. sit down and thrash it out.  You've been together so long, surely you can discuss this. 

And if he just won't change, decided what to do about it.
I'm sorry to get on here on trash my husband like this but I have to VENT !   I have told him to help,do what he is capable of doing himself. I asked him this morning didn't his mother teach him anything ?  

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! I feel l lucky! I have a wonderful dh. Not much of housekeeper, but he cooks, makes sure I get around safely, and sets out my meds. I have some serious health issues since I fell down the steps after Thanksgiving, then I spent several weeks shortly after that with encefolophy. I could not walk, or do anything for myself. (we found out later I may have accidentally poisoned myself) They wanted to put me in a nursing home. but he would have none of it, He took me home and took care of me. My doc arranged for home health and physical therapist had walking around the house in 3 weeks, and a quarter mile track in 5 weeks.

Mil did not care to have all three cats inside at once so he would bring them in to visit one at the time. He looked after them so I would not worry.

We have had our ups and down in 30 years together; but who hasn't. All that and cute, too.
That is really sweet. I hope I am that happy after 30 years with someone. Every relationship has its up and downs, but it seems obvious that you two are still very much in love.  I think we all hope that we can count on partners like your DH in a time of need. 

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in the hospital after 2 back surgeries I caught  ecoli and was out  for 45 days. My husband was there everyday with me.My family came from Chicago. My husband may have his good days when he does things for me and others not. But when I can count on him he is there. We have been through a car wreck and other surgeries..