I Still Miss Freeble Every Day

EspiKvlt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As of February, it's been ten years since I lost my sister, Freeble.

We grew up together. I couldn't imagine a life without her. And now that I've been living in this hell for a decade, it still doesn't seem real. I still feel like any day now she'll be running up to me wanting pets and cuddles.

I don't know how normal it is to still be crying over your cat almost every day a decade after they've passed, but I truly feel like I lost a sister just as close to me as my human one.

I would do anything to see her one more time and tell her I love her.

And my biggest regret in my entire life is that the day they put her down, I thought I couldn't handle being there while it happened, so we left before they put her to sleep.

She passed away surrounded by strangers, and I'm so worried she wondered where I was when it happened.

If I could just see her one more time and tell her how much I love her and that I think about her and miss her every single day of my life, maybe I could finally move on from that regret.

I love you and miss you so much, Freeble. I really hope I get to see you again in this life. If I get lucky enough, maybe you'll come back as my child.

Baby me and kitten Freeble.

Older and closer together than ever.

This is the necklace I had made from the image below.

And this beautiful picture of her with a flower in her hair is the one I got tattooed:

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As of February, it's been ten years since I lost my sister, Freeble.

We grew up together. I couldn't imagine a life without her. And now that I've been living in this hell for a decade, it still doesn't seem real. I still feel like any day now she'll be running up to me wanting pets and cuddles.

I don't know how normal it is to still be crying over your cat almost every day a decade after they've passed, but I truly feel like I lost a sister just as close to me as my human one.

I would do anything to see her one more time and tell her I love her.

And my biggest regret in my entire life is that the day they put her down, I thought I couldn't handle being there while it happened, so we left before they put her to sleep.

She passed away surrounded by strangers, and I'm so worried she wondered where I was when it happened.

If I could just see her one more time and tell her how much I love her and that I think about her and miss her every single day of my life, maybe I could finally move on from that regret.

I love you and miss you so much, Freeble. I really hope I get to see you again in this life. If I get lucky enough, maybe you'll come back as my child.

Baby me and kitten Freeble.

Older and closer together than ever.

This is the necklace I had made from the image below.

And this beautiful picture of her with a flower in her hair is the one I got tattooed:

You obviously loved your cat more than words can say and when a cat has been such a big part of ones life they are NEVER forgotten for the rest of our lives. I am so sorry for your loss of Freeble ten years ago.

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful and the tattoo is amazing! I hope you can look at the photos of Freeble and remember all the good times. I lost my 8 and a half tabby boy last month and I can’t look at photos without breaking down at the moment.

I also feel regretful for not being in the room when Whiskas was put to sleep. I did go in with my daughter just before to say goodbye and he looked up at me and he sniffed my daughter. He was just coming around from sedation from an ultrasound he had just had. I think they are such clever creatures and they knew we were close by, even though not in the same room, and they know how much we loved them and still love them.

I was very fortunate to have one child but couldn’t have anymore and Whiskas was my son. My husband is away a lot and Whiskas was always there for me. I’m just so sad that it couldn’t have been for a little longer. I miss him so much but so so happy to have known him and to have had him in my life.

I hope our fur babies are all relaxing in the sun till we meet again!

Take care and thinking of you xxx

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am heartbroken that you have held that regret in your soul for so long. Miss Freeble was your soul mate, a once in a lifetime love that can never be matched. But to think she wondered where you were when her pain was ending is grief talking, not what really happened. She held your love, just as you held hers. That bond can NEVER be taken from you, it is spiritual, so eternal. You were with her in spirit, she felt that love, was comforted by it, just as surely as you can still feel the love you have for her right now.
There is one thing for certain too, just as you would want if you were the first to go, she wants you to embrace life, to feel joy again in living, to let the sunshine in so her love can continue to thrive, not drown in the darkness of tears. She wants no less for the one she loved above all else, who gave her the only thing she ever wanted, a wonderful home and your love.
Yes it hurts, it hurts bad. We miss them so very much. But love is supposed to be something that makes us happy, to celebrate sharing our lives for a while with someone who made us so happy, not live the rest of our lives in sorrow.
We can't change the past at all, no matter how much we want to. We only have today to shape our tomorrows, and we are never guaranteed that. Use today as a promise for tomorrow, look forward to using your precious memories to bring you comfort, to send her your love, and she will send hers back to help you through this.
Go out and spread her love, let it grow, let it bloom and flourish. Do this by helping others in her name. It will help you to feel a little better about yourself, and honors that little girl so much. I pay for the adoption of the cat that has been at the local shelter the longest several times a year. It helps to get them a forever home, and perhaps feel what my Chrissy and I shared. Donate food and toys if you can, if you can't, your time socializing kittens. Open your heart and home to another little love. No, it will never be the same, but it can be love just the same. Her love will always be there. New loves are added, side by side, shared in a loving heart, unique and precious, Just as a mother opens her heart to each and every child. It helps the heart to heal.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, time is the only thing that heals a broken heart. A lifetime of it. Take care of yourself, your little girl is at peace because she knows she was so loved. Now you must learn to love yourself......RIP dear Freeble. You will be forever missed, as is your right as a loved one. You will be forever held securely in a loving heart to keep the bond of love with the one you loved above all else. May the good Lord bless and keep you in His loving presence, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife Debbie still cannot talk about our dog Rusty who we put down in 1995, so I understand what you are saying. But your kitty understood why you weren't there in body when she was put down but your love was in her heart and she knew that and knew that it was her time to move on, she is just fine now and has been since the day that she left you, but it is you who are hurting and we can understand that. But it sounds like your heart is yearning to take care of another cat in need, not as a replacement but as "another", the way that you cared and loved Freebie shows that your heart is full of love, and to share that love with another cat I think would make Freebie happy and you also with time will feel better, but of course it is your choice.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Freeble, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

Oh, please take di and bob di and bob 's advice to heart! That said what I was thinking so much better than I could express it. Try to let go of the guilt that has tied you to the grief, so that you can honor her life by remembering the joy! She didn't know that her life was ending, she simply knew that she was falling asleep, and that nothing hurt her. Once she had made that transition, she understood ALL, and blessed (and blesses still) you for your love and care for her all of her life.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Frreble helped you to be the kind person you are today and you will be forever. Freeble showed you what the love is.

Now you know we are all here for very little time and we are bound to the others by compassion and mutual understanding.

I guess Freeble sent you a message for you to be a good girl and pass this feeling of love and compassion to the others. Craving for primordial love can be healed by loving. So perhaps Freeble tells you to care another cat, for you to be in peace with your soul.

Take care!