I need someone to talk to

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good, I'm glad you've got another appointment set... and it's almost August, when you get to talk to the doctor about medication! I really think that will help you feel better and get more benefit from your therapy. Keep the faith!

And PM anytime, as always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah shes having me come in moday to talk about the other appointment.

She told me i didnt have to see him if i wanted I could talk to my own doctor about meds for sleeping. Im thinking I will do that so i dont have to go through the whole thing with the phsyciatrist.

Also ive been doing pretty well with the sleeping lately last night was bad but ive had sme ok ones so dont think I need anything right now anyway.

My kids come hamoe today cant wait to see them. My mom said that my sons asthma is acting up so im a little anxious to see how bad. I dont want to have to take him to the er this weekend.

She told me hes had to have 5 breathing treatments in the past 24 hours so not sounding real good.

I am stressed about cooper though not sure how we are gonna pay for the surgery for his back legs if it somes down to that. So right now its another thing to worry about.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Grrrrrrrr... I think thats all i can say. My husband is an idiot.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh -- I didn't know about Cooper's surgery! But I did kinda suspect that your husband was not always the most perceptive guy in the world...

As for the other... obviously I'm not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV. But I sure wish you'd see the psychiatrist just this one time, to be assessed for medication. Because from what you've described, you don't need just something to help you sleep -- you need something to help you cope with depression and anxiety. And that, in turn, will help you sleep. And a psychiatrist is more likely than a regular doctor to have the full range of knowledge of what's available and what's most likely to work well for you. Once it's prescribed, your own doctor can manage your care from then on. (That's how it was done for me.)

Just something to consider. Now... is there anything we can do to get your husband on board with this? It sounds like he's sabotaging all your efforts... I know that must make it awfully difficult, and it's already a hard thing you're doing here. How can we make it easier for you?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the advice about seeing the psychiatrist. They are trained in all the meds and unlikely to just prescribe something like a GP would (in my experience). When the chemicals in the brain is balanced, sleep will come easier. I loved one of the psychiatrists I saw. I still think of her, so that tells you something. She listened to me which was invaluable. Wish she had been practicing therapy
Another psychiatrist I saw was a brilliant doctor but he had the finesse and personality of a small rock.

to you and Cooper!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do. I guess I will see what she has to say today the other appointment is on wed.

My hubby got totally drunk Friday night while my mom was here. Made it for a not very nice weekend.

Sometimes I just dont know what to do.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont want to go today. What happened to the person who used to just sit there lol. Its not that she isnt easy to talk to she too easy. She has me talking about things I wasnt ready to or wanted to.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sometimes you need a push and talk about things that need addressing. If you really don't want to talk about something, tell her. You do have that power.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah i guess. I just didnt think she would dive into things like she has.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know it's unnerving -- and maybe she shouldn't push you too fast -- but I'm so glad to hear that she's really engaged! I really think it means she's going to do you some serious good.

Try to think of it like taking off a bandaid -- a nice quick rip hurts less than a sloooowww peel.

April, forgive me if I'm prying, but... are you thinking about whether you want to stay married? The question may be out of line, but it just seems as if your husband is a source of an awful lot of pain for you, and it occurred to me.

Go today! You are invincible! No fear!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I went yesterday. Got a question how often do people usually go? She acheduled another for next monday seems like weekly is more then I went before.

She has talked with me alot about my husband. I guess thats the part I wasnt expecting.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It usually starts off weekly (in my experience) and you could stick with that if you like. After awhile mine went from twice a month, down to once a month (which too me seems like not enough if you have alot of struggles and issues to overcome)!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weekly is pretty common to begin with, then as you work thru things you can cut back to every other week like pp said.

I'm so proud of you for going yesterday!!! I know it's tough in the beginning to get comfortable with sharing such intimate details, but it does get easier, and as you begin to see improvements you'll want to share more. I'm not surprised that she's asked about your husband a lot; it seems from your posts here that he's causing you a lot of hurt, and that's the last thing a husband should do, especially now.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey April....how have you been doing since I have been off line. I have been worried about you.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im ok taking each day at a time. Im not so overhelmed and its nice to have someone to talk to. Im not sure you all know how much you helped me. I feel like im not alone like i used to. Didnt sleep well last night but ive had better nights.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another sleepless night last night. I didnt sleep at all. I am gonna try to work up the guts to call the dr today.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

Another sleepless night last night. I didnt sleep at all. I am gonna try to work up the guts to call the dr today.
Please call him April - you need to sleep. If he can give you something to help with that, you strat to feel better when you catch up on your rest.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah I thought i was doing better but after nights dont know.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you can't sleep and the tiredness builds and builds things look bleak on those days. Add to the fact you have issues on top of insomnia, the tiredness is just going to magnify them.

You need to get help with your sleep.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree w/adymarie, you NEED your rest, it will help you deal with everything else if you have a few solid nights' sleep.

Have you seen the doctor since your appointment on the 30th?