I need some vet advice..should I switch vets?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Three yr protocals have been in place for over a decade in many places
... see it is the vets who often do not update their thinking ... I have lived in rural areas and three yr has been the norm since around 1999
A good point about vets. Well since they are the ones with the "product" selling and making profit of vaccines, if they do not offer the option of a three year vaccine, how is anyone to know it is even available to them?

In the last one where I worked the three year wasn't even offered, and if anyone was insistent upon it we would take the same one year vaccine and change the due date to three years instead of one.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I don't blindly follow my vet. Nor did I randomly chose the vet I take my cats to.
Good for you for being proactive for your cat's sake

Don't worry, I wasn't talking about your personally. Should have clarified in my posts. I find in general way too many people, with their own health care, and their pets health care, believe the first thing any doctor tells them without much question, because after all, they are the ones with the white coats on...they "must" know more than them.
I work with professionals every day and have found that everyone is still human and all have their biases. Everyone unfortunately can differ greatly/vastly with their educated opinions, even within the same profession, which is why it is important to get second opinions and be proactive and take health care into our hands too.