I NEED NAME HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's a tragic story! I'm sorry for your loss. Not to be insensitive, but what happened to all their 11 cats and horse?
Thank You. Its still a bit raw since t was just this year. Glad to say that ALL of the cats and their dog where found the same day they found her body still alive and in good health inside the trailer. The horses instincts kicked in and it got to dry land. All of their animals were rescues in one way or another. Two of the newest rescues were pregnant females. Both came to them pregnant as all their males are fixed. Both pregnant females had their kittens in the middle of the night while waiting ato be rescued. Amber died for her love and loyalty to her animals. She would not abandon them!!! She was one of the few people I knew who had the unselfish and unbridled love that animals have for us. She couldn't have kids and so she had fur babies. RIP Amber. Gone but NEVER forgotten!!!

Last edited:

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is a very precious jem to me! She was agift from my ol'man. I love orange cats and when she was born I begged him to let me have her. NO! NO! NO! lol... right up until just before they came to our house so I could litter train them for new homes. And then it was SURPRISE she's yours. As much as I love my two boys Tig and Sasser's, she's a little extra special because he gave her to me

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so torn! I want to give her a name that shows her value to me... but then she does stuff like sitting in a stirrup or THIS... and I want to give her a westernish name. This one is vexing me more than any pet that I've ever had!!! And ya, lol, she did this on her own too. She cracks me up!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so torn! I want to give her a name that shows her value to me... but then she does stuff like sitting in a stirrup or THIS... and I want to give her a westernish name. This one is vexing me more than any pet that I've ever had!!! And ya, lol, she did this on her own too. She cracks me up!!!
Annie

Miss Kitty (from the show Gunsmoke)

Lottie

Lucy

Keira

Ana

Lola

Jewel

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You said that she is special because she is a gift from your father. One of the meanings of the name Shiloh is "His gift." The "Him" refers to God, but you could think of it as your father. Also, you said that she is precious to you. The name Lulu kind of fits with the western theme and it means "precious" or "pearl." Neither name is Scottish or Celtic in origin, but I thought they would be fitting. I also like CatPack's suggestion of Ruby. A ruby is a "gem" like you mentioned, it's red, and she's a redhead.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oops, did I misread your post? Did "ol' man" mean father or husband? Either way "His gift" would work. I'm just curious.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can't decide on a name either! Just keep posting lots and lots more cute pictures, and I'm sure we'll find one eventually!:lol3:

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oops, did I misread your post? Did "ol' man" mean father or husband? Either way "His gift" would work. I'm just curious.
lol future husband. July 26, 2014! Shiloh is Ambers dogs name. Though that's a perfect meaning.

Last edited:

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doesn't have to be a Scottish name. I just like them because of my heritage. But living near the Cnadian Rockies, the western thing is also a huge part of my life. My family are cattle ranchers and expert horsemen. If she had been born a male I would have had a name on her already... A LOT of awesome western and Scottish names for boys. Probably would have been Furgus or Winchester (favorite rifle).

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also one I'm thinking of. There's so many names. But I just haven't found the one that makes me go THATS IT!!!

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about some mountain related names?
Arnina means "mountain of strength." (Nina)
Shyla means "daughter of the mountain"
Chermona means "sacred mountain." (Mona)
Sierra--the Sierra mountain range
Harela means "The Lord's Mountain." (Harlie)

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mount Clemenceau is a peak in the Canadian Rockies (you probably already know this). Clemenceau is kind of similar to Clementine, another name you were considering. Also Rocky could be a cute name for a girl. It could remind you if the Canadian Rockies!