I need help making a decision!

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say that you were being human.  I've been in a similar situation and still resent the way I was treated for doing the right thing.  But you did the right thing and that is what counts!

How are the kitties, BTW?  I read the whole thread before I realized the kittens are what? 18 months old now?

jrws33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
SuperPop! I just want you to know that I spent this entire Saturday evening (into Sunday, my birthday today 3.3.13.. at 3 AM) reading all your posts and all the great replies and enjoyed all of them! I laughed, I cried, and wondered what was coming next with the kitties and the family "from Mars" and your dilemas. Running into THAT family again at the end (for now) of your tale was hysterical!

You are a great communicator (do I forsee a book here? "Mookie and her Mother" or....) This was more fun than watching a movie on TV or playing games on FaceBook!! I had been looking for my Thread (as I am having a chasing problem with one of my kittens and a "former feral": http://www.thecatsite.com/t/255396/...st-two-year-old-kitten-agression-problem-help) but stumbled upon yours, following it from the beginning in 2011 until your last post this year!  Like the rest of us, you have learned how rewarding and wonderful our kittie furbabies truly are! Thanks for sharing your story! 

J

p.s. My boy kittie Dylan - the chaser (see my link above)..looks a lot like your Lady PurrPurr!

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As angry as you might be at the family, I think it was the right thing to give the toy back. Karma and all that, you know. :-)

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too, just this week, discovered this post and spent a day playing catch up on your story, which is really a heartwarming and sometimes hilarious one. Thanks so much for sharing it. I had the full gambit of emotions while reading it. I'm thinking maybe your partner knew your true heart deep inside when he basicly went behind your back to bring your furbabies into your home?
Our kitties sure do have a way of just latching on to our hearts and never letting go. Your story is priceless. ty

And a belated 
JRWS33!

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
SUPERPOP, I too just came across your thread and read all of it. There is a special place in heaven for people that care like you and your boyfriend . You are awesome and you have given the cats a chance to have a good life. I know how crazy and time consuming all your efforts were(been there) but
It was worth it right? Karma will take care of you two and the mom and baby etc. What's great too I think is that this was your first " cats" experience! Also I amso glad the Mexican family is gone, like you needed all their crap to add to the stress.
Keep us posted on how things are going ok?
Three Cat NIGHT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of all I want to thank everyone who responded over the 'Walmart' thing.   We consider ourselves to be very nice people and we both felt bad for wishing we had thrown a dropped little kids toy into the trash rather then give it back to the horrible parents we don't like.    In the end I guess we should just be happy that we don't have to live near them anymore.
How are the kitties, BTW?  I read the whole thread before I realized the kittens are what? 18 months old now?
The kittens will be roughly 2 years once August rolls around.  They are all doing fine I guess...

Shirley's 2 cats are of course the calmest of the bunch and very rarely get into mischief.   As for the other 2 cats that we don't have.   We don't get updates on them much but we are still in contact with the Lady who fostered them and her friend is actually the one who adopted them so we do get text message pictures of them once in a while.

As for our cats...PurrPurr is fine other then the usual food and wanting to go outside issues(but we knew that was going to happen and I'm sure it will be life long)

I feel like I neglect Mookie too much because he has 'pica' issues with his stuffed mice and it's due to not getting enough stimulation(and yes I am 101% certain that is why)

He is a very hyper needy cat who craves attention(ESPECIALLY from me) and I know I don't give him as much attention as he wants but sometimes it's difficult.  He gets plenty of attention from sleeping with us or sitting on the couch with us while we watch TV(as does PurrPurr) but that is not the type of attention he wants when he is hyper.

Mookie will play 'fetch' with certain toys with me.(only the kind of stuffed mice that have a plastic rattle on the inside)  He will chase them and bring them to me and drop them at my feet for as long as 3-4 minutes but then flop down after getting tired and then he will sleep and wake up again and want that SAME kind of attention again and he will follow me around and 'cry' if I don't give him that attention.  He then will DESTROY those toys if not he hasn't been exhausted enough for the day or will pick a fight with PurrPurr who can also easily get annoyed with how much energy he has to expel!  I don't feel like he is a neglected cat by any means but he is very dog like with his energy and I can't take him for a walk like a dog(Yes I know some people walk their cats on a harness but....I don't think most who try have much success)

He still has a few stuffed mice from when we adopted him but the only reason why is because they don't make sounds and he doesn't care about them.   The mice with the rattles on the inside that he likes to play fetch with will sometimes be ruined within a day of buying it because he tears it open and will try to eat the stuffing so we have to take it away. We do take the plastic 'rattle' out of each mouse before throwing it away though because it is too big for him to try to eat and could eventually be used again if we ever decide to make him new toys on or own rather than buying them)

Last edited:

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the Da Bird? It is a hanging feather toy with a REALLY long stick and really long string. I can just sit on the couch or in bed and wear out both my cats with it. And they are nuts for it. I just wave first to one side of the bed, then the other. All I see are their heads as they leap and jump for it. It's histerical! 10 min of that and they are pooped out.

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Superpop,
Thanks for updating everyone about your cats! Try a couple of cardboard boxes ( free from Cosco) with holes, my needy cat entertains himself for a long time in them with a mouse. You know after 147 posts to you and your story we are hoping for updates and photos( no pressure ha ha ) I think you should write a small article about the whole ordeal and send it to "CAT FANCY" magazine and maybe they will print it. Almost all pet stores carry this mag, some of it's content is from readers about their experiences. Keep us posted ok?