I need help making a decision!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

Great news that mom and babies are doing well in foster care. And congratulations on your new addition, Lady PurrPurr.
It's a wonderful thing that you rescued this feline family and that now they have a chance to get their own forever homes.

I've previously raised concerns, which another member shared, about Shirley adopting the smallest kitten, Ebony. I'm afraid that Ebony is destined to be a very lonely kitten given the fact that Shirley works a full and a part time job.

Ebony will be only a few months old when he's separated from his family. He's used to lots of company, socializing and playing. Now he'll suddenly be alone in an apartment for the majority of the day, most days. A kitten his age needs lots of attention, playtime, and supervision. Please tell me how Shirley will be able to provide these things when she'll be away for so many hours.

Shirley has a good heart to want to give the kitten a home. Some people will say that any home is better than none. But as you've said, there is already interest in the kittens. Because Ebony is young and small, his chances of adoption are good. He needs a family or individual who has lots of time to spend with him.

It would surprise me if the foster mom has not raised these concerns with Shirley since you've said she's very strict about adoptions. No matter how good her intentions, Shirley's lifestyle is unfortunately not suited to caring for a young kitten. Usually I'd suggest that she adopt two kittens so that they could play and keep each other company, but in this situation, where Shirley's out more than she's home, it's still not a good idea. A solitary kitten (or even two) left alone for most of the day is bound to get into trouble, a bad situation for both Shirley and the kitten.

Unless Shirley is willing to hire a catsitter to spend time with Ebony each day, or even to bring him to your house to be with his mom (which I don't think you'd want to do), she should rethink her decision to adopt him. What is good for Ebony should be the primary consideration.
First of all the only reason any of you people know anything about Shirley is because she wanted either Lady PurrPurr or one of her kittens when this saga began 2 months ago.

People here were really happy when they found out she wanted to adopt one of them originally and the ONLY reason you people know anything about her and why you don't want her to adopt now is because I explained how she couldn't foster them when we were looking for a foster family before we went on vacation.

Our Porch worked out fine to foster them on but it was a nightmare and everytime I went in there to clean or do anything all hell broke loose and some of the kittens were climbing my legs(painful) as I was changing their litterbox and sweeping and giving new food and water as the other kittens bolted in the house. THEN trying to get them all back onto the porch was a nightmare when 2 or 3 would bolt for the house at once and then as I brought them back on my own the other 3 would bolt. IT WAS VERY HARD TO GET THEM ALL ON THE PORCH AFTER CLEANING AND TO FINALLY GET THE DOOR SHUT!!!

The thing is I am unemployed so I had the time to do it even though it was a complete nightmare. I knew Shirley couldn't "foster" them when we were on vacation because she lives in a 1 bedroom carpeted apartment and at the time it was such a complete nightmare for me even keeping them all on the tiled porch when I don't have a job that I knew it would be 10X worse for her!

Anyway....it's done. We already had this conversation with Shirley weeks ago and she wanted him still and paid for him to go to the vet and has already paid the $75 to adopt him.

Quite frankly your post irritates me. So what if she has a full time job and works 2 four hour shifts at a liquor store each week! It doesn't mean some other single person who lives alone and works a full time job wouldn't leave for 4 hours at a time 2-3 times a week regardless if it was a job or not! (You make it sound like a single person with a full time job can't take care of a cat)

Again...the only reason you people know anything about Shirley is because I told you why she wasn't a good fit to "foster" the entire family for a week! (and quite frankly I wouldn't wish such a situation we went through on my worst enemy....that is why I didn't want her to do it!)

Anyway...this is done.(I refuse to address this anymore) Shirley wanted him from the start and is already excited to bring him over for playtime with his mother everytime she visits us.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Catnip questions...

I used to get high when I was younger(though don't anymore) and so I would feel wrong depriving Lady PurrPurr such euphoria(especially since it doesn't seem to harm cats whatsoever...I read into it online.)

From google shopping results it leads me to believe there is many kinds of catnip and some are included with toys.

I just want to buy a regular bag of catnip without it being inside a toy and already looked at the grocery stores and target and walmart and can't find just a bag of catnip!

Would petco carry just a bag/container of catnip that is not inside of a toy to buy???

We already have little furry cat toy plush balls to roll it in before giving it to her.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by superpop

First of all the only reason any of you people know anything about Shirley is because she wanted either Lady PurrPurr or one of her kittens when this saga began 2 months ago.

People here were really happy when they found out she wanted to adopt one of them originally and the ONLY reason you people know anything about her and why you don't want her to adopt now is because I explained she couldn't foster...
I was one of the people who thought it was great that Shirley wanted to adopt LPP, and still do.

Early on some members questioned you as to why Shirley couldn't foster. I was not one of them. You seem to be implying that some think Shirley should be "punished" by not being allowed to adopt because she couldn't foster the kittens. I don't believe any member has ever suggested that, and I certainly didn't. I was specific as to my reasons why I thought Shirley shouldn't adopt Ebony.

I explained that in Shirley's particular case, a small kitten wasn't a good fit. I didn't generalize and say that all single people who work full time can't care for cats. Many do. But the operative word is cats, not kittens. An adult cat does not require the same things as a kitten. The truth is that young kittens need attention and lots of playtime. They are baby animals, and that's what they require. It's the reason most shelters encourage people to adopt at least two kittens since they will provide companionship for each other. Shirley simply cannot provide what Ebony needs at this stage of his life. It is not a criticism. It's just recognizing the reality of the situation.

I suspect you're irritated with my post because you see the truth in it. I know this is your first experience with cats. You have common sense Josh, and a heart for animals. You know that it does matter what circumstances an animal is adopted into.

You'll learn so much as years go on and you care for Lady PurrPurr. I've taken care of cats for more than 25 years, and I'm still learning.

Originally Posted by superpop

Anyway...this is done.(I refuse to address this anymore) Shirley wanted him from the start and is already excited to bring him over for playtime with his mother everytime she visits us.
People want what they want - that's why little kittens are adopted while full grown cats sit in cages for months waiting for homes.

I don't blame Shirley for wanting Ebony. He's a precious little kitten. I'm sure anyone's heart would melt when they saw him. Sometimes people fall so much in love with an animal that they don't consider whether they and the object of their affection is really a good fit. I'm glad Shirley will bring Ebony to visit his mom. I hope she'll do that often. Playing talk radio softly, or music, and turning on a light or two, will help Ebony feel less alone when Shirley's gone.

Please know that if you continue to be a TCS member, which I hope you will, you'll get lots of differing opinions and advice. Remember that it will be offered with the best of intentions, as mine was.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

I don't blame Shirley for wanting Ebony. He's a precious little kitten. I'm sure anyone's heart would melt when they saw him. Sometimes people fall so much in love with an animal that they don't consider whether they and the object of their affection is really a good fit. I'm glad Shirley will bring Ebony to visit his mom. I hope she'll do that often. Playing talk radio softly, or music, and turning on a light or two, will help Ebony feel less alone when Shirley's gone.
Thanks for that advice. I will bring it up to Shirley. My Mom(as horrible a person as she may be) used to do that for our pet birds when I was young and gone at school and she was working.

Also of note: Shirley has a grandson who is either 13 or 14(not sure) who lives like a 3 minute walk from her apartment and he is a huge animal lover and we have run into him many times at the pet store where we buy frozen mice for our snake. We even knew about him getting a pet savannah monitor from the petstore from his parents for X-mas weeks before he got it. The sign on the tank at the petstore said "I already have a home" and he was pissed about it because he wanted it and didn't know it was already his.

Anyway...he lives just blocks away and visits Shirley all the time....maybe twice a week after school he could come over and play with Ebony for an hour while Shirley works at the liquor store.

Anyway I don't want to discuss Shirley anymore(other than maybe ideas to help her care for Ebony) because we did already have this conversation with her and she wants Ebony regardless.(there isn't anything else we can do to dissuade her.) The best we can do at this point is give her helpful ideas like the talk radio idea you brought up.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update because it has been a long time.

The lady fostering them ran into huge problems with getting them fixed because all the locations she can get them fixed for a discounted price at were all booked solid.  They will all get fixed on the 15th and we will get Lady PurrPurr on either the 19th or 20th.

As for Shirley....There has been drama between my boyfriend and her over this whole situation and I'm not going to go into too much detail.( and I kept myself out of all of it because I wanted no part of their fight.) 

He talked to Shirley about getting 2 of the kittens again and she originally saw the reasoning and decided to consider adopting 2 of the kittens and then my boyfriend kept asking every few days if she had made her mind up and then Shirley sent him an email saying he was pressuring her to adopt 2 and that she didn't appreciate it which started the fight.(he wasn't pressuring her to adopt 2 he was pressuring her for a decision on if she would adopt 1 or 2 so we could let the foster lady know)  During the fight they didn't talk for 2 weeks.

Eventually Shirley called him and left him a voice mail sort of apologizing and he sort of apologized in return but they have not "really" made up yet because my boyfriend is being very stubborn. (and Shirley is getting 2 of the kittens now)  I hope they make up soon though but I think this fight was just a breaking point between my boyfriend and Shirley over many incidences over the years where Shirley has caused us extreme annoyances so it isn't all about the cats.

Anyway all of the kittens and Lady PP have gained significant weight and the runt Ebony is actually bigger than the other black kitten now.(who had a health scare but is now fine)

Anyway we are excited to FINALLY get Lady PurrPurr soon and have already made concessions around the house to keep her out of trouble and we are planning out her kitty castle that we will build her.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By the way...

I need advice.  As I have already mentioned we have a ball python(named Snickers) and she is still relatively small and we hold her once a day for 15 minutes or so and now that we will be getting Lady PurrPurr I'm not sure what to do when handling Snickers.  Snickers is a kind soul and is small and has never bitten or hissed at us even once in the year and a half we have had her.

Quite frankly I am worried about Lady PurrPurr attacking Snickers when we are holding Snickers.  I don't want Lady PurrPurr to attack Snickers when we are holding her but I don't want to have to lock Lady PurrPurr in the bedroom when we do either.(when we were fostering it was a different story because all the cats were locked out on the porch when we held Snickers)

Not sure what to do???  Do we just keep Lady PurrPurr off of the couch when holding Snickers?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, you don't risk it at all. You either take Snicker to bedroom and hold her there, or you lock Lady Purr Purr in the bedroom while you hold Snickers. Maybe you make one of Lady PurrPurr's wet food meal times at that time in the bedroom?

So when is she coming home? :D

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, you don't risk it at all. You either take Snicker to bedroom and hold her there, or you lock Lady Purr Purr in the bedroom while you hold Snickers. Maybe you make one of Lady PurrPurr's wet food meal times at that time in the bedroom?
So when is she coming home?
Most likely the 19 or 20th is when we will finally get her back.

I am very disheartened now though after your reply

We hold Snickers everyday and we will only be feeding Lady PurrPurr wet food once a week so that bedroom idea won't work.

I guess that means one of us will have to be locked in the bedroom with Lady PurrPurr every night with the other holds Snickers.  Not exactly ideal considering ball pythons are nocturnal and we only hold her at night on the couch when we are watching our favorite TV shows.   We will make it work but I was just hoping that Lady PurrPurr could be somehow dissuaded from harming Snickers when we are holding Snickers.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

As someone who has owned and bred assorted snakes for a substantial amount of time, I thought I'd chime in. I own boas, balls, cornsnakes, kingsnakes and in the past have owned and bred both bearded dragons and leopard geckos. I also had a dog, RIP Brandy, and 3 cats who are all under the age of 4yrs old. The snakes were here before the cats were. Most of my snakes are homed in my "snakeroom", which the cats have absolutely ZERO access to. But, my daughter has her own cornsnake in her room which the cats can all see (in its tank). When she goes to bed, her room door is closed, when she handles her snake, the door is closed.

That's my background, and here's a few things to keep in mind.

- snakes ARE unpredictable, predatory, etc.

- cats ARE unpredictable, curious, etc.

I have seen images of pet snakes that met with the claws of a cat, and I have heard of cats being injured by snakes.

You cannot guarentee "what" an animal will or will not do. By being around your animals for a long time, you can learn some of what they "may" do.

I shall give an example of an occasion that I was able to stop something bad from happening:

I had a bunch of people over for a party, prior to any drinking a girl wanted me to bring up one of my snakes. I chose one of my calm ones, a Brazilian Rainbow Boa not fully grown, named No-Feet. I had him coiled around my left arm as I am right handed. I came up with him and he was as calm as could be, flicking his tongue occassionally as always, and resting nicely on my arm against my belly.

I got into the kitchen and something STUPID happened.

A guest, who should have known better, was way too excited to see the snake and came rushing at it (think a cat curious about something moving under covers, or a new toy, etc), she thrust out her hand abruptly towards the snakes head.

Had I not known snakes, their natural instinctive responses, SHE would have been bit.

Instead, as soon as I saw her stick her hand out, I felt NoFeet tense (he was scared of this thing coming towards his head) and stuck my arm out about a foot in front of him, against her hand. In the time it took me to extend my arm, he had already sprang towards her. He bit me instead, drew a fair amount of blood. But thankfully it was me and not the guest. And yes, it hurt but I've been bit before, it kinda comes with the territory.

Had the guest been bitten, it would have hurt her a lot more and potentially been a very bad situation.

Please, read the above instance and think about both Snickers and Lady PurrPurr.

Should Snickers happen to accidently be dropped, I can guarentee that the way a snake moves is quite inticing to a feline.

Should Lady Purr Purr happen to sneak up without you noticing and go to inspect Snickers, please think of what MAY happen.

I'm not saying something bad is guarenteed to happen, I am saying:

Do you want to take the chance, and risk either Lady Purr Purrs or Snickers' wellbeing, just to convenience yourself? (don't think I'm insulting you, I am not. A lot of accidents of ANY sorts boil down to human error, laziness, being distracted, etc.)

Myself I prefer to err on the side of caution and strongly believe that snakes and kitties do not belong any closer than the glass wall of a tank. And that is what I recomend to anyone considering having free cats and snakes in the same room. The thought of what might happen is enough to keep any responsible reptile/animal owner to err on the side of caution.

I hope this helps your decision. Please ask if you have any other questions regarding snakes and cats.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Btw: snickers will tolerate being held anytime. It does not have to be specifically in the evening. If you were to visit a snakes natural habitat, you would find them out and about both evening and daytime, especially due to thermoregulation. Don't feel you can only hold it at night.

I just finished reading this entire thread and noticed snickers is at least 1.5yrs old, which means she should be a fair size, please do NOT have the cat and snake out in the same room. It would be a very irresponsible accident waiting to happen.

Just because snickers has not hissed or bitten (balls generally don't hiss too much at all anyways) doesn't mean anything other than she hasn't been scared, startled or threatened enough to feel a need to be defensive. In no way does it even come close to meaning she never will.

I wish you the best in your choice to responsibly own these animals.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

As someone who has owned and bred assorted snakes for a substantial amount of time, I thought I'd chime in. I own boas, balls, cornsnakes, kingsnakes and in the past have owned and bred both bearded dragons and leopard geckos. I also had a dog, RIP Brandy, and 3 cats who are all under the age of 4yrs old. The snakes were here before the cats were. Most of my snakes are homed in my "snakeroom", which the cats have absolutely ZERO access to. But, my daughter has her own cornsnake in her room which the cats can all see (in its tank). When she goes to bed, her room door is closed, when she handles her snake, the door is closed.

That's my background, and here's a few things to keep in mind.

- snakes ARE unpredictable, predatory, etc.

- cats ARE unpredictable, curious, etc.

I have seen images of pet snakes that met with the claws of a cat, and I have heard of cats being injured by snakes.

You cannot guarentee "what" an animal will or will not do. By being around your animals for a long time, you can learn some of what they "may" do.

I shall give an example of an occasion that I was able to stop something bad from happening:

I had a bunch of people over for a party, prior to any drinking a girl wanted me to bring up one of my snakes. I chose one of my calm ones, a Brazilian Rainbow Boa not fully grown, named No-Feet. I had him coiled around my left arm as I am right handed. I came up with him and he was as calm as could be, flicking his tongue occassionally as always, and resting nicely on my arm against my belly.

I got into the kitchen and something STUPID happened.

A guest, who should have known better, was way too excited to see the snake and came rushing at it (think a cat curious about something moving under covers, or a new toy, etc), she thrust out her hand abruptly towards the snakes head.

Had I not known snakes, their natural instinctive responses, SHE would have been bit.

Instead, as soon as I saw her stick her hand out, I felt NoFeet tense (he was scared of this thing coming towards his head) and stuck my arm out about a foot in front of him, against her hand. In the time it took me to extend my arm, he had already sprang towards her. He bit me instead, drew a fair amount of blood. But thankfully it was me and not the guest. And yes, it hurt but I've been bit before, it kinda comes with the territory.

Had the guest been bitten, it would have hurt her a lot more and potentially been a very bad situation.

Please, read the above instance and think about both Snickers and Lady PurrPurr.

Should Snickers happen to accidently be dropped, I can guarentee that the way a snake moves is quite inticing to a feline.

Should Lady Purr Purr happen to sneak up without you noticing and go to inspect Snickers, please think of what MAY happen.

I'm not saying something bad is guarenteed to happen, I am saying:

Do you want to take the chance, and risk either Lady Purr Purrs or Snickers' wellbeing, just to convenience yourself? (don't think I'm insulting you, I am not. A lot of accidents of ANY sorts boil down to human error, laziness, being distracted, etc.)

Myself I prefer to err on the side of caution and strongly believe that snakes and kitties do not belong any closer than the glass wall of a tank. And that is what I recomend to anyone considering having free cats and snakes in the same room. The thought of what might happen is enough to keep any responsible reptile/animal owner to err on the side of caution.

I hope this helps your decision. Please ask if you have any other questions regarding snakes and cats.
No that about sums it up.   We are responsible pet owners and that is why I asked in the first place.

I'm just bummed because I know if we lock Lady PurrPurr in the bedroom alone for 15 minutes everyday she will just scratch the door up and frankly I wouldn't blame her for doing it because it's not fair to her.  But I guess when we hold Snickers one of us will have to be playing with Lady PurrPurr in the bedroom while the other holds Snickers.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No that about sums it up.   We are responsible pet owners and that is why I asked in the first place.

I'm just bummed because I know if we lock Lady PurrPurr in the bedroom alone for 15 minutes everyday she will just scratch the door up and frankly I wouldn't blame her for doing it because it's not fair to her.  But I guess when we hold Snickers one of us will have to be playing with Lady PurrPurr in the bedroom while the other holds Snickers.

and that is exactly what pet ownership is about, it's not for "our" convenience, it is the animals convenience. Really. Anyone not willing to work to ensure the best possible environment for a pet, shouldn't really own any.

I don't know why Lady PP would scratch the door up for being alone for 15mins, you can teach her not to. Sometimes simply providing adequate scratching surfaces of a variety will help any cat refrain from scratching inappropriate options. Like 2 of my boys like sisal, but the 3rd likes carpet, so there's a variety of sisal and carpeted scratching items around my home, and I haven't had a problem with inappropriate scratching, perhaps it is something you can try.

Good luck

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:

Lady PurrPurr and her kittens got fixed today.(as well as 2 other cats and a yorkie she recently started fostering)  All are doing good

My boyfriend and Shirley made up.(for real this time...not a "partial" make up)

Shirley is coming with us on Saturday to get her 2 cats when we pick up Lady PurrPurr.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
and that is exactly what pet ownership is about, it's not for "our" convenience, it is the animals convenience. Really. Anyone not willing to work to ensure the best possible environment for a pet, shouldn't really own any.

I don't know why Lady PP would scratch the door up for being alone for 15mins, you can teach her not to. Sometimes simply providing adequate scratching surfaces of a variety will help any cat refrain from scratching inappropriate options. Like 2 of my boys like sisal, but the 3rd likes carpet, so there's a variety of sisal and carpeted scratching items around my home, and I haven't had a problem with inappropriate scratching, perhaps it is something you can try.

Good luck
Well we do have a crapload of extra carpet some of which we will use to build her a big kitty castle when we have the time. (The small ones at the pet stores are ridiculously overpriced considering how small they are....we will make one twice as big at 10% the cost of the small petstore ones)

We considered attaching carpet to the bottom third of the inside of the bedroom door so if we did lock her in there for 15 minutes a night and she did scratch the door it wouldn't ruin it but I still don't know if we will do that because I don't think it's fair to her if she wants out that badly.

I guess once we get her we will try locking her in there by herself for 15 minutes while holding Snickers and see how she reacts and go from there and either carpet the door and give her things to scratch or one of us will be locked in there with her while the other holds Snickers.   We will just see how that goes before deciding on a permanent course of action.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, given that one of your concerns was the furniture, I'd go ahead and invest in some scratchers now, so you're ready for her when she comes home. :D

There are great, cheap cardboard scratchers that lay horizontally on the floor; some are at an angle, which most of our cats love. There are nice, cheap sisal scratches in an "s curve." Cats often like vertical scratchers - just make sure they have a wide, solid base.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So remember cat #3 from this picture?

http://i51.tinypic.com/32zqa6g.jpg

We got not only Lady PurrPurr today but cat #3 as well(now named Mookie)

This has all been planned out behind my back since my boyfriend agreed to adopt Lady PurrPurr and everyone else knew but me. The vet fostering them knew, my boyfriends cousin and brother knew but I didn't!  Mookie came out with a Christmas bow attached as if he was some present to me and quite frankly I was at a loss for words because this wasn't some pleasant surprise for me.  Mookie was my favorite of the kittens but I was totally blindsided by this and to be honest I'm still processing this all but I'm still less than thrilled at the moment.

Shirley and her granddaughter came with us and got her 2 cats Ebony and Gigi and we had to make a stop at Walmart on the way home because we didn't get all the supplies we were under the impression we were going to get.(for instance we thought we were going to get food and water dishes, a kitty bed, and a litter box.)  We didn't get any of that so we had to make an emergency stop to Walmart on the way home.(Shirley also needed to buy certain supplies she thought she was going to get)

It's been a drama filled day since we got home with them.

Lady PurrPurr puked within 30 minutes of getting back here and puked multiple times since as well as the runs in the litter box.  She doesn't seem to like car rides as she hated the ride up to the foster home and hated it on the way back as well!(and this time was longer because we had to stop off at Walmart)

I'm sure part of it was from the car ride but the rest is being separated from her other kittens.

Lady PurrPurr did seem to remember us and this place right off the bat in spite of her puking.  Mookie...not so much(but then again Mookie was barely let into the house at the time unlike Lady PurrPurr.  Mookie was skittish and hid under the bed right away and then came out and played with toys and chased a laser pointer beam until I got tired of it.  Then he meowed/cried and then slept with Lady PurrPurr.

Mookie is just getting used to it here I think because he doesn't remember it here or us.  He goes from skittish and crying to demanding attention in a heartbeat.

Tonight after my boyfriend and his brother who is spending the night I bonded with both cats on the ground on my lap for over an hour until my back could no longer take it and I had to gently coax them off of me and then they both went back to their kitty bed. I think I really bonded with them both(Mookie especially....Lady PurrPurr has always liked anybody who would pet her.)

Also of note...Lady PurrPurr has staples in her stomach right now that will be removed in about a week. We are being gentle when handling her and trying to keep her from jumping.  Mookie has dissolving stitches. (I don't think this has to do with the puking though...I think she is upset)

Some pics:

http://i40.tinypic.com/f06zdh.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/24mgoxc.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2hnnehh.jpg

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well Lady PurrPurr is gorgeous - and looks FABULOUS! And little Mookie - well - I LOVE B&W kitties, so I'm already in love! :lol3: Looks like you'll have some grooming to keep you busy on top of everything else with all that hair!

Josh, I hope you find yourself wondering how you ever lived without them in a couple of months. They'll always be up to something that makes you want to pull your hair out at times, but that's the nature of four legged pets. :lol3:

So.... does this mean Shirley adopted a pair of kittens? :D

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mookie :D :D :D What a darling littly guy :love:. And LadyPurrPurr is as pretty as ever. I do think, as Laurie said above, that in a very short time, you will wonder why you waited to ever have kitties. They just make my life whole and so full of joy and love. I am hoping for that same feeling for you :D. Congratulations on your furbabies. :clap::clap:

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Lady PurrPurr is gorgeous - and looks FABULOUS! And little Mookie - well - I LOVE B&W kitties, so I'm already in love!
Looks like you'll have some grooming to keep you busy on top of everything else with all that hair!
Josh, I hope you find yourself wondering how you ever lived without them in a couple of months. They'll always be up to something that makes you want to pull your hair out at times, but that's the nature of four legged pets.

So.... does this mean Shirley adopted a pair of kittens?
Yes Shirley got 2.

I am not a happy camper right now.  We got a call today from the foster lady and it seems she discovered the 2 kittens of Lady PurrPurr that she is still fostering have tape worm again and that is probably why Lady PurrPurr was puking yesterday. (Today it's just been constant diarrhea from both her and Mookie and Shirley's cats have diarrhea as well)  So it looks like all 6 cats somehow got tape worm again right before we adopted them.  PERFECT TIMING!
  We're going to get some de-worming medicine tomorrow.  Of course we got this call right after all the pet stores around here closed today so now we have to wait until tomorrow. 

Other than most likely having worms Lady PurrPurr is acting normal.  She is sitting on my lap right now sleeping as I type this.

I am trying very hard not to dislike Mookie but he is making it difficult with his weird behaviors.  He sleeps in his cat bed in the living room at night but is scared of the living room during the day and spends all day in the bedroom either under the bed or next to it.  He cries a lot in there until someone goes in there and sits on the ground and pets him. Then sometimes we walk into the room and he bolts for no reason whatsoever.  Most times he is scared of the living room and other times he goes out and wildly plays with his toys.  It's like he has multiple personality disorder.  I'm not very happy with my boyfriend right now over Mookie.

superpop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OKAY...

I think I discovered Mookie's sometime-phobia of the living room....The TV being on!

How do we cure Mookie of the television being on phobia?  Just with time or what???