Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat 9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not voted for a cat some are funny looking, some sweet it is up to you.
Where do you live? It is not in your profile?Are any not from stores but instead direct from a breeder? Because you could know it was not from a puppy / kiiten mill if you did see pictures of kennel conditions.
I will occasionally watch cole and marmalade on YouTube but think grumpy cat is ugly. ( sorry I know he is a resuced special needs kitty) but he is who you reference in your post.
In the part of Canada I live in cats are sometimes shown in pet stores but the adoptions are arranged through the spca of the area and they are rarely small kittens.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Most cats are photogenic and look good on social media in both pictures and video (there *IS* a reason why cat pics are the single most common image type on the internet). if you want your cat to be "internet famous", the best way is to spend a lot of time with them and have a camera nearby at all times, so that you have a lot of pictures and video to use. maybe even add in a couple of wifi cameras and record the streams of the cat and go through the video.  I don't see a problem with that as a sort of hobby, but there are easier ways to get internet fame than caring for a cat, so be sure that you want a cat for companionship first, and anything else second.

As to rescue vs pedigreed, a lot of people will give you a hard time about wanting to buy a pedigreed cat, instead of a rescue, but the cat you get will be with you for ten to twenty years, so you should get the cat makes you happy, and you'll provide a good home for, IMO. So, if you like a particular breed's personality, either from commonly traits or having spent time with the breed and liked them (ie.I bought a Siamese, because my mom and sister had some really  great Siamese mix cats, and I really liked the intelligence, affectionate person oriented nature, and, yes, even the moxy, that they got from their Siamese ancestry.), go for it.   The looks on a pedigreed cat are striking, but pick them for personality first ( ie if you want a quiet laid back cat that doesn't need a lot of attention, you probably wouldn't want a Siamese), and loosk second.  Also, as others have said, use a reputable breeder, not a pet store.

Rescuing cats is a great thing to do, and my previous cat was a wonderful (very affectionate, good with her litter box, super intelligent) kitty who was "just" a domestic shorthair, but it is more work (my sister and her husband adopted a rescue that, while a very sweet boy, has litter and hygine issues, because they discovered ( after getting him home from the shelter), that the poor thing had all four paws declawed, for example), and that may not be for every one.  A cat with special needs isn't something that every one is equipped to take on, after all.

PS I like cat 6 the best,  it looks like it may be a Norwegian forest cat?

Last edited: