Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat 9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hernan cortes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to buy a cat, because I loooove cats, but I can't decide myself yet. I want to be a special cat and to be able to make from it the new internet sensation. 
Cat 2: 
Cat 3: 
Cat 4: 
Cat 5: 
Cat 6: 
Cat 7: 
Cat 8: 
Cat 9: 
Please vote for your favourite cat. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not voting, for two reasons.

First, no one can choose a cat for another person. I can tell you which cat I prefer, but that has nothing to do with which cat is right for you.

Second, you should get a cat because you absolutely love that cat. If the cat turns out to be photogenic and gets a lot of likes on the the internet, that's a bonus, but it should never be the main reason for getting a cat.

Are these cats that are available for adoption or are they just the types of cats that you're considering? Have you actually met any of the cats in person? Please keep us updated on your search for the best cat for you.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahaha, the moustache on that calico is hilarious!

You need to meet the kitties and get to know them before you can decide who will fit best with your personality. Looks don't mean much.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I hate it when people want to adopt cats just because they "might" become the next Bub or Grumpy Cat. Sorry, it doesn't work that way!

Cats are there to love and cherish, not to gain popularity and fame.

Good luck finding a cat that works for you!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If the only reason you want a cat is so you can gain internet fame, then please reconsider getting a cat.

However you must also know the personality of the cat before you get it. Cat's looks don't mean much unless they are purebred and you plan on showing them. There might be a cat that you think is sooooooo cute but it turns out to be shy and not very friendly toward you.

If you feel like you really truly do want a cat and want to buy a purebred, by all means, go right ahead! Just make sure you get the cat from a good breeder and (even if you don't buy a purebred) make sure to meet this kitty before you adopt him/her!

Last edited:

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 3 beautiful purebred Ragdolls, 1 Persian (no papers), and 2 mutts. They're all amazing. For a first time cat, I highly recommend the Ragdoll! Please don't get a cat just because you want fame...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hernan cortes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, it's not the only reason I want a cat. I had cats in the past, but only common, european breed cats, which didn't cost me anything, because I adopted them. But this time I want to buy one. All those listed in the poll are for sale, not for adoption. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'd really recommend meeting the cat and getting to know their personality before you decide to take them home with you. Also, please be aware that a lot of the cats that become internet stars are actually special needs cats. They have a disability that makes them look unique, but they need a lot of care and regular trips to the vet to keep them healthy. This is a lot of hard work and can soon become very expensive. 

I'm sure that there are special needs cats waiting to be adopted at your local shelters but this is a big responsibility to take on. 

A plain old moggy with a sweet personality would be much better cat for you to adopt, I think.

hernan cortes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's impossible to get to know each cat because they are spread across the country. I would buy all of them as I love them all, but I can't, as each of them costs as much as a minimum wage here, in my country. LOL. I think it's hard to understand for you, guys. A cat is a real investment here, that's why I must be picky.

hernan cortes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's why I asked for your votes. Instead voting for Hillary or Trump, better vote for a cat. Just sayin'...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why I asked for your votes. Instead voting for Hillary or Trump, better vote for a cat. Just sayin'...
We don't choose cats. They choose us. After all, they will be the ones running the household once they move in. They need to make sure that we are worthy of serving them for many years to come. 

I also will not be voting on this as the poll seems to be based on looks alone. Wanting a cat so he/she can be the next internet sensation is not something I can get on board with. That's not why we have them in our lives. Don't get me wrong, Grumpy Cat, etc are cute but who knows if THEY actually like all that? I wouldn't put my cats through that any more than I would make a little girl compete in a beauty pageant- but that is just me. 

I'm also not a fan of buying cats. Too many cats die every single day in shelters and rescues because there isn't room, manpower and money to care for them. I understand that you are seeking a certain look but you have no idea what is in shelters or rescues unless you actually go look. Going to look does not mean you HAVE to take one but you never know- the one who will capture your heart may be closer than you think. I always suggest a visit to a local shelter or rescue before buying. You might not find "the one" but then again, maybe you will. At the end of the day though, you have to do what is best for you and your family. You must follow your heart. Good luck. They are all adorable. Choosing between them would not be an easy task. 

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you looked around at rescue cats? It is possible to rescue a purebred cat. I have a friend who has a rescued purebred Maine Coon. She rescued him from bad conditions at a kitten mill. If I remember right, he was being used as a breeding cat and was mistreated.

hernan cortes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These are just some pictures with cats, I really don't understand why you can't have an opinion, guys. I won't eat the cat, if I buy it, you know... Anyway, most of the cats from the pet stores have worse conditions than those from the shelters. At least here, where I live. Why save one from a shelter when I can save with my money one from a store cage? There are so many preconceptions here... :(

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@Hernan Cortes  The trouble with pet shops is that they don't always operate with the best interests of the animals at heart. They're a business and so they operate to make a profit. They take kittens and puppies away from their mothers when they are too young so they can be sold while they are still at the "cute" stage. If you buy a kitten from a reputable breeder you will be able to see the cats in a home environment, but with pet shop kittens you have no guarantee that the mother cat isn't kept in a small cage and forced to produce 2 or 3 litters a year in order to supply the pet shop with more kittens to sell.

You might save one kitten from a pet shop cage, but there will be another one to take his/her place and by giving money to a pet shop you are financing this trade. Puppy mills and kitten mills are a real problem in many countries.

Far better to take a cat from a shelter where you really are saving one.

By not voting on your poll we are actually giving you our opinion. The cat we would like to see become an internet star is one that has been saved from life on the streets or from being euthanised. Look at cats like Cole and Marmalade. Just two ordinary cats. The reason they are so popular is because they were rescued and now help to raise awareness about cats in need.

http://www.boredpanda.com/meet-cole-and-marmalade/

I think it would be much better for the cat you eventually choose and all cats in your country if you did something like this. Rather than buying a cat from a pet shop just because he/she looks as if he/she has star potential you could make a real difference to a shelter cat's life. 

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
? What country are you in , in my part of the world cat shelters ( spca ) work adoptions thur local pet store and they don't carry cats of their own any more.
And pure breads are from breeders nort at shops, bunnies mice birds and fish only.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably cat 4. As long as you vow to treat the cat right and take care of it i guess its okay to buy one if you really want to this time around. Adopting should be heavily promoted but Im not against buying. Afterall people choose to have kids when theres many waiting in fostercare.

Last edited: