I met a cat with no teeth

sammy&miko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I am on the fence on this case...On the one hand, I would NEVER do it to my cats(declaw or detooth) but I am very lucky that they dont scratch or bite at all. If your friend was seriously wounded by this cat more than once, and tried EVERYTHING to make it stop, I guess I can kinda see why she did it. Someone mentioned giving it up to a shelter, lets be real folks, who would take a cat that is vicious(sp?)even if it was a no kill, it would probably live out the rest of its days in cage, what kind of life is that??? It sounds to me like the cat is happy now,as long as it can eat and doesn't go out EVER.

Tracey:rainbow:

slatez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that only has about 4 or 5 teeth, but only because hes old

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MissToviah, I wasn't trying to attack you, but for me, I just find that horrible. I have read all the posts, and I do agree that he bit as a result of declawing, which she may not have understood the consequences of. I simply think that this lady was uninformed about declawing and although you say she tried other methods, I just can't imagine how taking his teeth out ever came to mind. There are many ways to help a cat's behavioural problems, for example, many people here have talked about Dr Bachs as very helpful for 'naughty' or wild cats.

I suppose he changed his behaviour cause the poor thing is afraid of what she'll take next. However, I am glad that somehow the poor baby seems happy as you say.

Again, I am not trying to attack you or argue!

lynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, if this woman is an English professor, than I'm sure she is familiar with Flaubert's Madame Bovary . Remember what happened when the self-important doctor attempted to "fix" the club foot of the peasant boy? Please suggest to her to re-read that book and to think about that passage.