I love names....What are your cats names??

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have Italian names:

Bella(MY Rainbow Bridge baby) was named Bella because she is beautiful

Sophia...My DH named her after Sophia Loren

Severino...he was named after a family friend.

Lucia Bella...named after one of my favorite books "Lucia Lucia" and my favorite Cat in the whole wide world Bella.

Joey is really named for Joe Gibbs, the Washington Redskins coach but because of the Italian theme he is JOEY!

Mario...I just like the name

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Twitch twitched every time I touched her.
TigerLily lil sis wanted Lily, so I added tiger cuz Lily is stupid.

Damita Mae...Damita is spanish for something, added the Mae so she rhymed with Dorian!
Dorian Grey...named after a guy in a book.
Ophelia Rose...Ophelia because she's a drama queen, Rose in case she got "nice"

Molly was prenamed.
Fafeena, I have no idea who named the poor cat or where it came from!

Slinky....she slinks about
Tabitha, lil sis named
Goat-Head...well, she rams her head into other things like a goat, it just fit!

Cow...looked like a cow in the pasture when he was born
Billy Bob & Tony Bob, both are very vocal & whine a lot, like the guys who farm around us....so we named them after the whiny farmers!

PJ & Punky were named that by someone at the shelter, all litters start with the same letter! This sis(adopted) was Paprika.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maverick I didn't choose his name (he already had it when I adopted him), but I kept it b/c I thought it was cool,
and he IS a maverick!

Gabriel I named him that b/c he looked like a sweet little "angel" kitty when I first got him.

Geronimo I originally was gonna name him Amadeus, but chose Geronimo instead b/c he's a "warrior" (my/ bf calls his a demon
.) and the people at the vet's office (where I got him from) called him Lucifer. He's not evil - he just has issues!

Winchester I named him that b/c he's a "pistol"!

Spencer He just looked like a Spencer to me!
I originally chose Caruso, b/c he was "abandoned", but it just didn't fit him.

Those are the cats I have now. I won't even get started on all their nicknames, b/c it's already been discussed in another thread!

~KK~

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a creative group of people. My cats are jealous.

I drew a blank when my cats came along and ended up with a KittyGurl & Jaedi.

They both know their names. KittyGurl looks, but cannot be bothered to come unless there's something - food - in it for her. Jaedi, on the other hand, has a faster recall than my German Shepherd!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All our cats name start with "S" as you can see by our signature

We have 6 females & 2 males...the boys are surrounded by girls...

Sliver - Snowball - Sage - Sushie - Spooky - Spici - Shilo - Sadee

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy was named after a half man/half cat creature call SuraSassy from the Clive Barker book Cabal...my personal favorite.

Linus started life with the name Baxter, however, when I brought him home from the shelter he spent most of his first day home hiding under a blanket in his cat carrier. What else would I have named except Linus after the peanuts character who drags his security blanket around everywhere.

Flippy my R.I.P. Kitty got his name when he was little he was always trying to see behind him when he was laying down and would end up Flipping over completely.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours are:

Oreo - cause she looks like an Oreo cookie and now that she has gained weight, we all her double stuffed Oreo.

Snickers - cause she has the colors of a Snickers bar.
Jazz - Cause he has "Jazz paws" and is a very Jazzy type personality.
Tosh - My DH got him as a kitten and he was told that HE was a SHE. Well he called him Natasha...Tasha for short. After almost three months of him being called Tasha, we figured out he was a boy. So to not confuse him we just dropped the "a" at the end of Tasha and thought "Tosh" had a masculine sound to it. The poor boy.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ours are weird too,

Tubee- everyone pronounces his name wrong, it is pronouced like 2b. He was found on a tube mill, so we thought it was fitting.

Root- orininal name was Roo at the shelter, we liked root more

Samba- (pronounced s-ah-m-b-ah) His name was smokey joe at the shelter, and we thought that was too proper a name for a crazy cat like him.

Manda

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jasmine- she was named before I adopted her

Velvet- the day we adopted her, the song "Black Velvet" was playing on the radio- it was PERFECT!!!!!
The name suited her to a T

Isabella- because there was no better name for my little princess- i've always loved that name and thought it was perfect for her!

Kojak- I named him "Kolar" when he was a kitten- i had 5 foster boys and named them all after guns/gun accessories
My nephew chose the name "kolar" - i eventually changed it because everyone made fun of his name and said it sounded like the bathroom fixtures
Colin changed his name to Kojak- after the 80's lollypop detective
It suites him!
:

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 Kittys!

MILKY:...his loyal majesty!
...why his name, because is totally white and we inpirate in the Milkyway galaxy...

CATULINA:...
she´s our recent adittion at the family even has a year with us!
and her name, is inspirate from the character of Microsoft oficce helper that is her traduction for spanish software!

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one kitty: Babee. She got her name because of her size-5 1/2 lbs and she loves to be held like a baby.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an orange tabby cat named Garfield. I also have a brown tabby named Festus, her whole litter was named after Gunsmoke, the show. I also have a black cat named Jasmin. I have a cat named Will, too. He is in my avatar pic. Josie is a tuxedo kitty.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my animals have names that describe something about them, even my mice.
April, dog - born in April,
Sooty, dog - sooty colored,
Coco, cat - coco colored,
Blossom, cat - spring baby with a colorful face like a flower,
Mice - Little Squirt - very small when I got him
- Star - small spot on head
- Spikey - very fluffy mouse with spikey hair.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Mine are Shadow and Finnegan and my new additions (my boyfriends) are ... wait for it... Disco... and Queen! lol Both boys.. poor things..

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hennessy was named after the booze.

Because my roommate started a theme with our pet's names.

Bacardi, Pernod, Guinness, Baileys, Sour Apple Pucker (Puck), Jack Daniels, and Kahlua are the others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! What an amazing range of names! I love them all!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gizmo - calico
Button - patched tabby
Uno - tuxedo
Bob - grey tabby w/white
Penelope - grey tabby w/white
Moochie - white w/grey tabby patches
Igore - brown tabby w/white
Zagnut - white
Beastie Bear - grey tabby

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OX (real name Oxford). I got him when he was two from my supervisor. He had just been neutered the day before (bit of a fighter). Anyhow we put him in the detached garage (closed up so he couldn't get out) anyhow I heard some cats fighting in the middle of the night and said to myself-thank goodness "Ox" (he had a different name) is locked in the garage. But I went to check and he somehow got the petdoor open!! So I found him and put in back in the garage and put a concrete block in front of the pet door. Also when he eats he put his head done int the dish and its do not disturb time.
So because he was so strong I named him OX.

Grizzly and her rainbow bridge sister Sierra were named in Neil's wilderness phase.
She is kind of chubby so we also call her Bear. or grizzle.

Bobber (bobs, bobbette) is American Bobtail. Highly original name but her dad was names Dusty Bob and her brother Tigger Bob.

Bakker-he kneads on my head-hence Bakker.

Others (rainbow bridge)
Sheba-my skinny little Silver tabby
Frankie and THe Dude-offspring of Sheba (Frankie) and The Dude was barn rescue that had siamese coloring.
Tommie-my garage stray.