I love names....What are your cats names??

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have one cat named Jainy I named her after a song called Jainy by my favorite band.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I named my cat "Butzie" because I remembered that as being a term of endearment when I was growing up in a German-American family. When the vet asked what it really meant, I had to go look it up. Turns out that there is a festival in Colgone, Germany, on 2/15 for women to choose a man. If you are a guy and you like a lady, you ask for a "butzie - a kiss" from her. If she likes you, you get a kiss. If not, guys look out! So, I guess I named my female cat after a kiss.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I named my first cat Buster because it was a pet name that my mom called me. I know it's not very original but it made sense because he also busted out his cage when I first found him. I was bringing him home from his first vet visit and somehow he rammed his head on the metal crate (he also cut his ear) and ran out. He then crossed the street and was almost run over by a van. He then headed over to the high school and hid under another van. I don't know how I got him back but the name Buster definitely fit his rambunctious personality style. Honestly, I thought Buster was a female cat and named him Tabitha for three weeks until I finally visited the vet.

As for Holly Golightly, it's an homage to one of my favorite movies ever - "Breakfast at Tiffany's". As some as you know, there is an orange cat who plays a somewhat important role in the film. The cat's name was "Cat" but I didn't want to call her that even though she is also an orange tabby. I then decided to name her after Audrey Hepburn's character.

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two are called Snowball and Poppet - My sister named Poppet "because she looked sweet and sensible" and I named Snowball because I was 8 at the time and had a small imagination

calicoblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My current Kitty's are Luca, Kissa (rhymes with Lisa) and Kona...

My foster babies are all "m"s

Mila is the mama and her babies are

Motley
Mimsy
Mandy and
Little Muffin

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept the names they named them at the shelter where we got them:

Swanie (Male tuxedo)
Cynthia (Female calico)

They have lots of nicknames, though

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend first got his cat a few years ago. He named her Kairi (kye-ree) after a character in Kingdom Hearts, since he loves that video game. Last year when we got an apartment together, we adopted another cat from the SPCA for a playmate for Kairi. Her name at the time was Madame Moment, and we knew that was changing. We named her Namine (just say the word nominate without the "te") after Kingdom Hearts as well. Apparently its Kairi's "other half" in the game, or something like that.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat who lives at my moms and has turned into my sisters cat is Roxy(that's her in my siggy). She was the lil runt of the litter and needed a tough name because that is what she was. Living at the beach and always wearing quicksilver, billabong, roxy, etc clothing i thought it fit her best. Tough females in a male dominated sport.

Kricket who is a medium hair Tortie got her name from the box that she traveled to and from work with me in. I buy crickets by the 1000's b/c of my reptiles, it was the only clean box i could find at the time when she found me. My sister and I were trying to think of names she looked at the box and it stuck i just had to make it a "K", always got to be different.

Worm who is a DSH Tuxedo was originally Ace but after a week it didnt fit. When i had to go to my moms (1.5 hrs away) i'd take Worm with me and bring all his supplies. It just so happened i ended up putting his moistioned wet food in a super worm container (another reptile food) Well my little sister once again heard this and said Worm was his name and it had to stay....so we have Worm the squirm.

My RB kittie is Patches she was a calico and i was only 4 yrs old when i picked her out. I miss her so much she was the best cat you could give a 4 yr old. I use to dress her up and put her in my lady bug baby carriage and push her around everywhere and she would take it. Strange for a calico, never once put a claw in me she was the best. She lived to 19 yrs old.

litterboxqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Myrtle, Smidgen, Alex and DeeDee all came with their names, so I can't take the credit!

I named Tika, because she is short and sweet. It also seems like an energetic, exciting name, which is what she is!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chassis
Caliper
Tailpipe
^ All got their names due to an ongoing theme the family had with car parts as names.

Monte (after Chevy Monte Carlo, the fiance's car)
Katina (because Rob thought I said "Katina" when I really said "Gattina" which is Italian for female kitten. Katina stuck. I like it, its a pretty name
)