I Lost My Bijoux

selina26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I am I found this forum while looking for ways to cope with losing the cat of your life,
last monday, six days ago, bijoux was in the garden, I went back to my room to work and hours later I noticed that she was nowhere to be found, I've been looking for her since and I can't find her. I cry everyday, I write this while I am crying. I am from Tunisia, an arab country in North Africa and here people are not used to looking for cats with posters and stuff and when you ask around you just get mocked, people are sympathetic on facebook pages where tunisian pet lovers are found but most people just think well, it's just a cat, nobody understands. I am a cat lover, I have always had may cats, I currently have five, I lost many and grieved for them but I never felt what I feel for losing bijoux, she was always with me, she would sleep next to my pillow, she's the kind of cat who gives hugs, in the morning she always jumps in my hands and we go downstairs to have breakfast, she remained always as she was when she was a kitten, constantly snuggling, sleeping on my shoulders and all. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety without telling anybody around me and she was there for me, she felt my pain, she would come and kuddle when I cry. I only had her for one year and a half and I feel like a piece of me is missing. What is worse is that I don't know what happened to her, I keep imagining the worst and I can' realy share my feelings, I am deeply depressed and I have to hide it because "it's just a cat" but she was my best friend, my bijoux whom I miss more than words can describe

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you. I will continue to pray that, somehow, she returns home to you. Sometimes they do, even after weeks. Holding you in my thoughts.

herecomesoliver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Don't give up hope. My blind cat was lost for 14 days and then came back to me. I know exactly how you feel. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I live in Jordan and people consider me the crazy cat lady.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for what you are going through. You are not a crazy cat lady..if You are then we are too! I truly hope and pray she returns to you. Don't give up just yet and hang in there.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up!
I fully and truly understand how you are feeling. Not knowing where our cats are and what has happened to them is even worse than knowing they are dead.
But the fact that you haven't found her body yet is a good sign for hope. She could just be closed inside someone else's home or garage or cellar. As soon as that person opens that door Bijoux will run out to you!
Have you tried looking for her and calling her name at night when noises are less and you could hear her meow?
A friend of mine lost his cat for 10 days and was desperate that she was dead somewhere. He had already searched every place and asked everyone. Then his cat was in the cellar of a neighbor of his, a place where my friend had already been before.
Be positive, Bijoux is somewhere, thinking of you and waiting for the moment to run to you again.

BijouBlackCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that Bijoux is missing. :sniffle::hearthrob: My cat is also named Bijou and I would be so upset if she was gone. She may yet come back to you, but it is so difficult to not know for sure. Have you tried putting out some of her favorite food in the garden?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

selina26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your support and your beautiful words, I won't give up hope and I'll try looking again. Your kindness gives me comfort

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't hold all those feelings inside. We are here to listen, we know the heartache of losing a member of our families. Your heart loved that little girl, it does not know the difference between species, it just knows it is hurting. It's easy to say "it's just a cat" when it is not YOUR cat, when you have never shared the love and happiness these beautiful creatures can bring into your life. You walked along side her for a while on your life's journey and she will continue to follow along behind you on the trail that is her new chosen path. The bond you have forged will never be taken from you, I hope you can use your precious memories of happier times to bring comfort.
I know it seems hopeless right now, the not knowing is far worse than certainty. I have had many cats disappear for weeks and show back up, so keep looking, she may have been chased far from familiar territory, look in expanding circles around your home and be sure to walk next to any locked sheds or garages to hear meows. Make posters and hang them offering what you can for a reward, money is a powerful motivator. Offer money to the neighborhood kids to report sightings, they are everywhere and into places we never are.
My heart goes out to you, Ill pray that she is safe and will be returned to you. Bless you for your love and concern........Dear Bijoux, please contact the one who loves you so very much, you are so dearly missed and closure is needed!

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, but don't give up hope. Several years ago a cat came to our yard and stayed. He was a lovely, friendly Maine Coon mix and we would have gadly taken him in, but for the fact that he wanted to be king and did not get along with one of our other cats. I posted on Craigslist hoping to find him a home and surprisingly his owner saw the post. When we reconnected him to his owner we found out he had been lost for a year. He somehow crossed over a river (via the bridge???) and found his way to our yard. So please continue your search, don't give up. Post with updates!!!

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also look close to home. I found one, long ago, a couple houses away. The houses looked very similar so I understood the confusion. GL. I hope you find Bijou.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try putting her litter box outside. She will then be able to smell her way home. I hope she come home soon