I lost 69.2lbs went from a tight 16 to a size 4!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a dramatic difference!!! You looked good when you were bigger too though, but man you look like a model now!!

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Go to Walmart!! They have Kashi & Amy's there, and these big and cheap trays of salad, and healthy/cheap stuff there. I just can't afford supermarkets anymore - all my shopping is either at Walmart or Target.... Has to be otherwise it kills my budget!!
Wow, and it IS all about Zumba, huh?
Um...Those are some high priced processed foods there. I have never seen a cheap tray of salad at Wal-Mart. Maybe your local store has better than mine.

Grats on the weight loss and the quitting smoking at the same time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

Um...Those are some high priced processed foods there. I have never seen a cheap tray of salad at Wal-Mart. Maybe your local store has better than mine.

Grats on the weight loss and the quitting smoking at the same time!
Well, I am not sure what you call "very high price" I only buy Amys, and Kashi, and I only buy them at walmart and target. they have big, cheap, trays of salads- mine is not ready salads- mine is the greens- the have either orgainc greens, or Doles. Probably my store has better than yours... Or... I have looked for it specifically, as it is pretty much all I eat?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Carolina!!! It is such a confidence booster when the weight starts coming off and then that just motivates a person to keep going. Three years ago I lost 30 pounds. Have been able to mostly keep it off except five pounds up and down. It always seems to be a battle and something I have to work at everyday. I still have another ten to go. I think the last ten pounds have been the hardest for me to get off. It is inspiring to hear of other's success stories. You must be SO proud of yourself. Good job

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, I hope you don't mind the quality of the after picture - I just took it - it's on the timer so the quality is not good to begin with, and the clothes, well, just what I am wearing.... didn't feel like dressing up

Here we go:

Can you see the difference?
I can clearly see the difference, you look terrific. Congrats on a great job.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You look fantastic - well done. Mind you, your bubbly personality shows through on both sets of shots, fortunately you have not lost that!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Congratulations Carolina!!! It is such a confidence booster when the weight starts coming off and then that just motivates a person to keep going. Three years ago I lost 30 pounds. Have been able to mostly keep it off except five pounds up and down. It always seems to be a battle and something I have to work at everyday. I still have another ten to go. I think the last ten pounds have been the hardest for me to get off. It is inspiring to hear of other's success stories. You must be SO proud of yourself. Good job
Thank you Lauren!!! And congrats to you too!
Yes, I am proud, and yes, you are SO right that it is a total confidence booster when the pounds starts coming off.... Today I look at unhealthy food like just that: Unhealthy, and not like I am depriving myself - exactly because my confidence is so much higher! It is so much easier when we reach this point!

Originally Posted by catbehaviors

Congratulations on losing weight and quitting smoking! You can really tell the difference! Keep up the amazing work.
Thank you
On the quitting smoking.... well... vaping made all the difference in the World!

Originally Posted by LaRussa

I can clearly see the difference, you look terrific. Congrats on a great job.
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by jennyranson

You look fantastic - well done. Mind you, your bubbly personality shows through on both sets of shots, fortunately you have not lost that!
thank you....

Originally Posted by gemlady

Congrats.

Unfortunately, I think I have gained that much.
Thank you...
You can do it! Don't look at the past, just look at the future! Reset is the word

Originally Posted by LDG

Carolina, FABULOUS!

The best is that you did it right.
Great advice, and thanks for sharing.
Thank you Laurie!!

I just did the exercise of putting the before and afters side-by-side.... sorry to post it again.... but I wanted to see it that way myself.... I don't want to ever go back there again....
Now I can't wait to start going Zumba dancing and to Yoga.... I really want to firm up my body now.... Don't want to lose more weight than that, I don't think - now I think I want to firm. I can't imagine myself as a size 2 - I am almost 5'7", and have thick legs, which I like.... (wierd that they don't touch anymore LOL) I Like curves; Don't like the skin and bones look for me.
Check these side by side out:

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Well, I am not sure what you call "very high price" I only buy Amys, and Kashi, and I only buy them at walmart and target. they have big, cheap, trays of salads- mine is not ready salads- mine is the greens- the have either orgainc greens, or Doles. Probably my store has better than yours... Or... I have looked for it specifically, as it is pretty much all I eat?
Our Wal-Mart is kind of crappy with selection. The shelves are mostly half empty. I have never seen a tray of greens at my store. If so, I would have been all over it.

How did you quit smoking? I set a date and need some ideas of how to do it.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! You look FAB!!!

Isn't it fun to put on stuff that's too big?! I've lost 35 pounds over the past year, through Weight Watchers (which was good for me, because I learned things about eating right that I can use for the rest of my life). My goal was 30, but 5 extra pounds came off to help me reach what I call my "natural weight". My running has gotten better, too!

You did such a wonderful thing, healthwise, and also quitting smoking!!! That's awesome and adds so many years to your life!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!

Your story gives me hope, because about a month or so ago, I've started kind of what you described, just really paying attention to what I'm eating. I would like to lose 30 pounds, which I put on over the past few years (10 this summer, but i can at least blame that on prednisone, but i still want it gone!). I love to eat, so there's no way I'd be able to stick to some 'diet', so I've just been making a point to eat better. I'm vegetarian, and I LOVE veggies, so I'm buying more good stuff and buying less crap food. Sure, I love bad food too, but I really have made a point to eat less crap like chips or cheese. Unlike you, though, I do love to cook, so I have fun coming up with new recipes, and even taking recipes from a cookbook and adapting it to be healthier and tastier. But anyway, I'm taking it slowly, trying to reduce calories while not depriving myself, which I think is the way to do it. Make it routine.

Interesting about the flax meal- I've been using that since about June, mixing it in food, but I never thought to have it before I eat. I need the fiber and omega-3s for reasons other than weight loss, but I do know fiber is filling, so that's a great idea. Thanks!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is official!! I hit my goal today
70 lbs!!

I am not going to be trying to lose anymore; from now on, just on to maintaining and firming up. Already spoke to a girl who teaches Zumba, and starting Saturday, as my salary hits Friday. There is a studio she recommended right by my house. They also have Brasilian fitness and Brasilian Samba
I just might go to that too

Suuuuper excited!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BOD!
I just have one request......don't let it go to your head sexy mama!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BOD!
I just have one request......don't let it go to your head sexy mama!
Too late haha

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am soooo excited!!!
My dad was going to give me a piece of jewelry, so I asked him for a nuwave oven instead - I just ordered it today, and it's going to be here Tuesday

For those who never watched the infomercials (where have you been?
) This is what I am talking about: NuWave Pro Oven
The reason why I am so excited is that I have been eating only frozen/processed food (even if organic, preservative free), and this will finally allow me to cook EASILY. It requires no defrosting - you can just toss the whole pieces of frozen meat in there, along with the raw vegetables, some seasoning, program the time, and your meal comes out ready, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!!! YEAH - my kind of deal

It cooks on wire grid, so all the fat drips - making it a lot healthier too.... I think I am going to be able to not only eat healthier, tastier - have a lot more choices, but save all kinds of money too.

I also did some more shopping today... The drawback of losing sooooo much weight is that I have to re-do my wardrobe completely - I mean - completely. Today was "Bra-Day"

Thank GOD for Ross
I bought perfectly fitting bras for all sorts of occasions, including to stay home, and an awesome sweater. I guess little by little I will add clothes back to my closet. My closet is empty now, but I will get there.
This week I will have to buy some exercise pants as well, as mine don't fit anymore - even those are falling............... Losing weight should be cheap, if you think about it..... but man, it is quite expensive!