I just wanna cry!!!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I just want to cry! I sent the last payment off for Ares last week and he was all set to be shipped to me on wensday. Well I got a little worried when on friday I heard from his breeder, and she hadnt gotten the check yet. But mail is mail. so I told her, if she didnt have it by today, to call me and let me know.

Well..she called me today and said she didnt get it. And to make it all work out i would have to western union. (ugh spendy) but i was already to do that. I would just call the bank and cancel the check..(ugh another fee)...call the bank...and...ITS BEEN CASHED!!!!!

Now i know its not the breeder fibbing to me. No way. But OMG......I am hyper ventaliting..I know i have to be in touch with the fraud deparment, and police, fraud department is closed til morning. I will have to call the police when I am done with work or on a break..

I dont know what to do..and it till no doubt take months to get the money recouped cause of all the stupid investigations! and I dont have that kind of money just magically laying around in one lump payment..

*cries*

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! I hope things turn out well sooner rather than later. I would be a basket case too.

Could someone else at the breeders deposited the money and she just dosen't realize it? What about the signature - can the bank fax you a copy of the signature?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

Ouch! I hope things turn out well sooner rather than later. I would be a basket case too.

Could someone else at the breeders deposited the money and she just dosen't realize it? What about the signature - can the bank fax you a copy of the signature?
I am going to have them do all of that. Thing is, it was cashed a distance away from the breeder, same state....but away..like it was trying to be hidden. so far bank info is limited. since ih ave to talk to the fraud department to get more details... *sighs* so much for my good week!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds strange....Do you trust the breeder that much? I would assume you would or you wouldn't be freaking...but is there any other explanation you can think of? I hope it gets sorted out quickly..what a crappy thing to happen?
I know that check issues are different in the US so what happens if it was cashed fraudulently?

I hope all things turn out right

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

That sounds strange....Do you trust the breeder that much? I would assume you would or you wouldn't be freaking...but is there any other explanation you can think of? I hope it gets sorted out quickly..what a crappy thing to happen?
I know that check issues are different in the US so what happens if it was cashed fraudulently?

I hope all things turn out right
Thanks I hope it gets sorted out quikly to. But i know it will take forever. Yes i do trust her. I dont see why she would do this? All other payments were taken, and gotten and recorded. I do not see why do it at the very end? Sure it was the largest check. Why make all the plans and do that? No other explanation i can think of. No one at her home saw the check.

My dad had it happen to him once, only it was a check TO him. Some people will go and go through your mail and hold up envelopes looking for checks...strange but true. Sometimes..it happens in transit at the post office from what i have heard. I am just at a loss for words.

I have to file a fraud report with my bank, and they will have to investigate to make sure a fraud actually did happen. I have a signed copy of the contract from the breeder that I will bring to show her signature and they can match..or not match..accordingly. I will also have to file a report with the police, which I will do. Yippie dippie. More investigateing..

And of course. since it happened VIA MAIL..i am going to contact the FBI..i know they have more important things to do..but tampering with mail IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE!

I am just at my witts end here crying..

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is a total bummer.
I'm crossing my fingers that it becomes magically easier to sort out...

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww....I feel for you...How much was the cheque for? or is that inappropriate to ask?

I live in a downtown apartment and someone kept breaking into our mailboxes and I always thought "But how could they cash cheques/checks (sorry
) that weren't their own?" My landlord said they have ways..But really how can you cash a check that isn't your own? Don't you need ID and all that?

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
does your bank have online access to your checks?

At my bank I can look at the cashed checks (front and back view).
Maybe that would tell you something.

That reallllllly sucks!
Sorry you have to deal with this!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Awww....I feel for you...How much was the cheque for? or is that inappropriate to ask?

I live in a downtown apartment and someone kept breaking into our mailboxes and I always thought "But how could they cash cheques/checks (sorry
) that weren't their own?" My landlord said they have ways..But really how can you cash a check that isn't your own? Don't you need ID and all that?
it was for 650 dollars, your supposed to show id..but there are ways around it.
we just have to prove now that is was fraud. *le sigh*

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatrawfish

Wow, that is a total bummer.
I'm crossing my fingers that it becomes magically easier to sort out...
I sure hope so too

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

That reallllllly sucks!
I do have access but not to look at the checks...i have to go in and get it from them. and thats provided they have it already from the place...its a mess...and its gonna be a process

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

That reallllllly sucks!
Me too! You must bank with Old National too, huh? I LOVE that feature!!! It's amazing that they take the time to scan and post EVERY check you write front and back

Good luck with everything, I would be a wreck too! I pray it all works out VERY soon and the money gets into the hands of the correct person

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

Me too! You must bank with Old National too, huh? I LOVE that feature!!! It's amazing that they take the time to scan and post EVERY check you write front and back

Good luck with everything, I would be a wreck too! I pray it all works out VERY soon and the money gets into the hands of the correct person
THANKS. it makes me so mad! and i am just a wreck..i was looking foward to him coming home! and now...dunno...

Cant pull from the ER vet fund either..Mishka and her leg wipped that clean so we have to start saving again

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow i was going to suggest getting a quick fund together but i didnt think it was going to be that much money!
I wish there were something quick we could all do to help you get sweet Ares home. People like that make me so mad! I can't believe they actually cashed it! My bank is SOOOO careful about things they wont even let my mom do my banking and they know shes my mom!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is just too ugly! And your baby is left at the breeders! What a terrible thing to happen at a time like this! Oh, I do hope it is handled quickly. She will keep holding Ares for you, right?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

wow i was going to suggest getting a quick fund together but i didnt think it was going to be that much money!
I wish there were something quick we could all do to help you get sweet Ares home. People like that make me so mad! I can't believe they actually cashed it! My bank is SOOOO careful about things they wont even let my mom do my banking and they know shes my mom!
Yeah....*sighs* well its half of what is left on him, and the shipping. It wasnt a big deal. I had paid half, and than I just saved so I could make the whole big payment and the shipping...took me a while to save, and I worked alot of overtime to make sure I would have it in time.
thanks for the thought of a fund...it means alot to me.

I am sure the money will be returned..but the guy at the bank said it can take 6 months to a year to have it returned.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Oh, that is just too ugly! And your baby is left at the breeders! What a terrible thing to happen at a time like this! Oh, I do hope it is handled quickly. She will keep holding Ares for you, right?
I sure do hope so! Shes on the boards..passquepersians. My cell phone is dead so i cant call her. I had my friend call as soon as i found out about all this. and sure hope she doesnt think i am avoding. working a double today...dont get off work til 6am.... than another double tommrow. yay for me.

So my phone is tied up for course..and the cell is gone..I sure hope she will hold him for me....I was really looking foward to having him home.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well i hope all works out and she keeps him safe for you. you can still go see him right? or isn't he close to you?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

well i hope all works out and she keeps him safe for you. you can still go see him right? or isn't he close to you?
No hes not close
9 hours away....in Kansas....*sniffles and hugs his little bed* I am sure she will keep him safe..its just going to take a while now.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is terrible! Some people
! You work hard, you save, and then some low-life ... sorry words cannot express ...

I hope you get everything straightened out soon, or at least sooner than the worst case scenario.

Cindy