I just wanna cry!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get paid tommrow and can pay for the kitty not the shipping..darn it all..

Anyoen wanna do a kitty train
hes only nine hours away from my house. But i dont have a car that will get me there safley and back..not to mention thats a LOOONNNG trip....back and forth...hehe anyone down in the KS area wanna do a kitty train huh huh do ya do ya? Ok..well its an idea anyways.......gotta give a girl credit for trying.

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You send a check written out to her, it gets cashed, and now you are supposed to pay for the cat again? Isnt the cat legally yours now?
It sounds fishy - I know you trust her, but to anyone else reading it, it sounds odd. I'm sure its a unrelated criminal act, I hope you get it sorted out...

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by slitty_kittay

You send a check written out to her, it gets cashed, and now you are supposed to pay for the cat again? Isnt the cat legally yours now?
It sounds fishy - I know you trust her, but to anyone else reading it, it sounds odd. I'm sure its a unrelated criminal act, I hope you get it sorted out...
If the breeder isn't the one who received and cashed the check then, no, the cat is not legally ScamperFarms. The breeder has not received payment for the cat yet. Someone who the breeder doesn't know could have taken the check out of her mailbox and cashed it or retrieved it any other number of ways. Although it isn't ScamperFarms fault, it isn't the breeders either. The breeder is a member here at thecatsite and does have a good reputation else where as a reputable breeder. This is a police matter and should be fairly easy for them to track. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

If the breeder isn't the one who received and cashed the check then, no, the cat is not legally ScamperFarms. The breeder has not received payment for the cat yet. Someone who the breeder doesn't know could have taken the check out of her mailbox and cashed it or retrieved it any other number of ways. Although it isn't ScamperFarms fault, it isn't the breeders either. The breeder is a member here at thecatsite and does have a good reputation else where as a reputable breeder. This is a police matter and should be fairly easy for them to track. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon!
I agree. Whole heartedly. Well thank you to the kindness of a friend, borrowing me some cash (i did get paid today but that is to go to bills and into the er vet fund) I have sent another check to the breeder for the amount of the kittie. Now we just have to get him home. A friend of mine can pick him up in KS and take him as far as Des Moines, which is 5 hours from me. So now if i can find him a ride to get a little closer we are in buisness. My car wont take a 10 hour trip..for sure.

Its in the cops hands now, and they are investigateing. they have some leads which is good. Hopefully I will get that money back, and soon. But yes I agree, it is not the breeders fault anymore than it is my fault. I have not yet heard back, but i know she had to drop the other kitties off today.

But, I sent this check certified, signautre required priority. So she should have it tommrow or friday and this should all work out.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

So, How is it going with getting the Kitty? Any progress?
See the below post
its working..slowly but surely. now if only I can find someone near Des Moines willing to drive a few hours.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked the Counterfeit desk at my bank for about a year. On the back of the check is the signature of the person who cashed it and any id taken. Also, the cashing bank's ABA number is encoded along with the date of transaction. There is usually a bank stamp too telling the name of the bank, date, city of transaction and who did the transaction (teller number) Your bank has a procedure for fraud. The bank that cashed the check MUST by law be able to identify the person that signs the back of the check. They must be able to ID their depositor. They are also responsible for returning the funds to your bank. If it does turn out to be a case of true fraud, then the criminal must pay the bank back. The bank has 90 days to return your funds.

Has the breeder had any other checks stolen like this??

I hope this helps.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I worked the Counterfeit desk at my bank for about a year. On the back of the check is the signature of the person who cashed it and any id taken. Also, the cashing bank's ABA number is encoded along with the date of transaction. There is usually a bank stamp too telling the name of the bank, date, city of transaction and who did the transaction (teller number) Your bank has a procedure for fraud. The bank that cashed the check MUST by law be able to identify the person that signs the back of the check. They must be able to ID their depositor. They are also responsible for returning the funds to your bank. If it does turn out to be a case of true fraud, then the criminal must pay the bank back. The bank has 90 days to return your funds.

Has the breeder had any other checks stolen like this??

I hope this helps.
Thanks. I got similar knowledge from my fraud deparment at the bank. and no she hasnt had anything like this ever happen. nor have i..well bar ID theft

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you seem to be working it all out. Sounds like you're on the way! It would be interesting to find out where the check was cashed. In other words, someone close to your neck of the woods or someone closer to her neck of the woods. There is so much fraud and crap these days. It's really frustrating as hell!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I'm glad you seem to be working it all out. Sounds like you're on the way! It would be interesting to find out where the check was cashed. In other words, someone close to your neck of the woods or someone closer to her neck of the woods. There is so much fraud and crap these days. It's really frustrating as hell!
I know. why cant people just be honest and make an HONEST living...ah well i dont know it aggrivates the living snot out of me. But..que sera. so far initial reports say its in that neck of the woods...so we shall see once everything is final..

whew....think its time to leave this room..someone just stunk up the box..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Aww so much sympathy to you. It must be frustrating!
Thank you. It is very frusterating but hopefully this will work out. Hope the breeder gives me a jingle soon...and hope this second check gets to her.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have much to offer in the way of advice, but I'm just so sorry this happened to you Katie
. Being the victim of a crime (even check fraud) can feel like a major violation. I'm sorry you've had to experience this

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the hugs..

Kitty update is. I got another check sent off, Via Priority Signature required and all of that...havent heard back from the breeder but i am tracking the package. once she gets that my friend in KS will pick him up and bring him to Des Moines, from there my Dad is going to take my car and bring him to me. lol

I have to work....but at least hes in the hands of one of the people I trust most in my life
my daddie.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

Sounds like the "train" is going!

Cindy
YUP it sure is. I just have to hear from the breeder