I just ordered red barn and Fussie cat canned!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried either brand? Ingredients look good and prices look good.
I am still waiting on my 2 sample cans  of Fussie Cat so don't know about that one yet . I do think it is good food though .

I got my 2  sample  cans  of  Red Barn Tricky Chicky and my cats would not touch it .  

Hopefully your cats will like them ..

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I chickened out after reading 2cats for me and asked for a free sample instead, before buying in bulk.

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I received samples of Red Barn today. My 3 loved the Tricky Chickie. It is not a pate. I didn't ask for samples but when I sent them a message via the Web to see what stores in my area sold it, they replied saying they would send samples. No local stores carry it.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received samples of Red Barn today. My 3 loved the Tricky Chickie. It is not a pate. I didn't ask for samples but when I sent them a message via the Web to see what stores in my area sold it, they replied saying they would send samples. No local stores carry it.
Cool , I am glad they like it ..  I wish my cats were more cooperative when it comes to wet food .. 

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy.com and Amazon carry it

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy.com and Amazon carry it
I got Fussie cat tuna and prawns and they loved it. I ordered 24 cans from chewy 19.99 (great price) human grade real little shrimps and juicy tuna, it looked good enough to eat. I would never have tried it without free sample. I should get my red barn any day now. I am waiting on wild calling and natures logic also. I love free samples. I got Daves 95% chicken and fussy pants walked away so the boy ate it. It looks and smells like wellness only less expensive!

Last edited:

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
I got six cans of RED BARN free samples today. 2 beef,2salmon,2 chicken. I gave the cats beef this morning and it all got eaten, chunks in gravy no carageenan. Another hit. It is not a Pate. I cannot wait to try chicken tonight.

Last edited:

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised mine liked the beef. It's usually a no go for the crew.

Last edited:

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The 5.5 oz size is out of stock on Chewy probably because its on sale. They do have the 3 oz available. I will try other sites. I'm going to put the Tricky Chicky in rotation. Thank you Bonepicker for bring this brand to my attention.

Last edited:

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder if mentioning it on this site has something to do with it being sold out. :) I ordered it on Wag.com and it will be here tomorrow or so they say.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried Red Barn a few times.  At first, they liked it (the chicken one) but last week, not so much.  Both turned up their noses at it.  

Thankfully, the pet store allows returns on unopened food, they give credit against future purchases.

It's a shame, because it was low priced and seemed to be fairly decent quality.

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried Red Barn a few times.  At first, they liked it (the chicken one) but last week, not so much.  Both turned up their noses at it.  
Thankfully, the pet store allows returns on unopened food, they give credit against future purchases.
It's a shame, because it was low priced and seemed to be fairly decent quality.
I rotate several brands. I hope they don't tire of it too quickly. The price is good.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rotate several brands. I hope they don't tire of it too quickly. The price is good.
I rotate also.  I think they just didn't like the consistency.  It's kind of "spongy" for lack of any other way to describe it.  

The price is excellent.  I may try again a few months from now.  Cats.  So picky at times 

lvmygrdn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are little fussbuckets that's for sure and cute as a button. I spoil them them rotten. :)