I Just Had To Post This!!!

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a few minutes ago, my cat got caught in a kitchen cabinet crevice and couldn't come out! I was about to have a heart attack. She was crying and only extended her paws out. I did not know how to approach this. I did not want to dislocate a limb, trying to pull her out, until finally she was able to peak her head out a bit, and I squeezed my hand in and gently yanked her out by the head. THANK GOD I was able to pull her out. It could have been impossible removing her out of there, for it's a stabilized wooden cabinet, built into the kitchen area. I blocked the small hole so it won't happen again. Any of you posters here had any awful scary experiences with your cats?

Last edited:

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple weeks ago my kitten was playing on the windowsill and his tail got caught in the curtain string. He went to jump off the sill and he ended up hanging upside down with the string holding onto his tail. He cried and cried and wouldn't let me help him so I had to grab a pair of scissors to cut him down (I cut the string, not the tail!). We had him checked out by the vet after and luckily nothing was fractured or broken. But, it was a traumatizing experience for both of us. All of the curtain strings are now kept very high and tucked away - lesson learned.

inkxpencil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When Rory was a kitten we thought she had somehow gotten behind the wall. We could hear her crying and couldn't find her. It sounded like she was in the wall. We were just about to put a hole in the wall when out popped her paw and she smacked someone as they went by her. She was stuck in my sisters dresser drawer. She was perfectly fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow. We have to be vigilant at all times, especially with kittens. Great that she was okay.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple weeks ago my kitten was playing on the windowsill and his tail got caught in the curtain string. He went to jump off the sill and he ended up hanging upside down with the string holding onto his tail. He cried and cried and wouldn't let me help him so I had to grab a pair of scissors to cut him down (I cut the string, not the tail!). We had him checked out by the vet after and luckily nothing was fractured or broken. But, it was a traumatizing experience for both of us. All of the curtain strings are now kept very high and tucked away - lesson learned.
FYI - Due to one of my cats just putting his huge paws through the blinds before I could open them for him, I've had to replace one. The box says it is "cordless" and even references it being safe for pets. I think instead of replacing them all, I am just going to cut the cords really sort and tie them off up high.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I use large office binder clips or spring clothespins to keep curtain and blind cords up where Gypsy can't get them. So glad you were home!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Just a few minutes ago, my cat got caught in a kitchen cabinet crevice and couldn't come out! I was about to have a heart attack. She was crying and only extended her paws out. I did not know how to approach this. I did not want to dislocate a limb, trying to pull her out, until finally she was able to peak her head out a bit, and I squeezed my hand in and gently yanked her out by the head. THANK GOD I was able to pull her out. It could have been impossible removing her out of there, for it's a stabilized wooden cabinet, built into the kitchen area. I blocked the small hole so it won't happen again. Any of you posters here had any awful scary experiences with your cats?
Oh you poor dear! Time for a glass of wine or other alcoholic beverage of your choice!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
FYI - Due to one of my cats just putting his huge paws through the blinds before I could open them for him, I've had to replace one. The box says it is "cordless" and even references it being safe for pets. I think instead of replacing them all, I am just going to cut the cords really sort and tie them off up high.
Office binder clips and spring clothespins are what we use.