I just got hit!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I'll have to get a smaller digital for my purse, or even better, I'll just have to get a phone with a camera. Then I"ll always have a camera for junk like this!
Thanks for the idea!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I can't give you the best advice as it is very different laws and insurance rules here..I guess just hope for the best.

Wish I could be more help

Hey, if anyone has an accident in Ontario, I'm all ears

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I hope it works out in your favour!!! Some parents nowadays always pretending their kids never do anything wrong!!!
Good idea about the camera-I usually carry mine with me for work purposes but not when its not work!!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm off tomorrow to my insurance agent. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help! You guys are the greatest!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got my estimate, $600.00+ !! YIKES! Oh well, I took it to my insurance co and they said they'd send it over to the girls insurance co. They should be calling me with in a couple of days. On a down side, they didn't have new parts for my poor old car so I had to go with a used part. I guess that's what I get for owning a 1994 huh? I just hope everything matches when it's all said and done (and her insurance pays for it all!)

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that sounds horrible! Just try to explain your self. And make sure to explain everything in FULL detail. I find this helpful. Because when someone is not nervous and just tells everythin that happened in complete detail, then people beleive them.

So instead of saying "I went outside and saw the flowers."

say

"I stepped out side and there was a beautful blue bird. Oh and then, the cats started to come out, so I had to hustle them in. That took a VERY long time. Then,l when I finally got outside, I saw the blossoming flowers, of all different colors"

Sorry, I talk a lot. I hope that helped!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Well, I got my estimate, $600.00+ !! YIKES! Oh well, I took it to my insurance co and they said they'd send it over to the girls insurance co. They should be calling me with in a couple of days. On a down side, they didn't have new parts for my poor old car so I had to go with a used part. I guess that's what I get for owning a 1994 huh? I just hope everything matches when it's all said and done (and her insurance pays for it all!)
Unfortunatley with an older car like that, the insurance company wont pay for a new part - they will go with aftermarket or used. Although they can't put anything on your car thats older, or worse than what you originally had with a new part. What are they putting on your car? (parts wise?)

Everything should match (paint, ect.) just make sure you look over everything very well when you pick up your car when its being dropped off. And be sure to go over everything you see wrong thats related to the damage when you drop it off, that way you wont get stuck with anything later.

Working in a body shop, I see all that kinda stuff that goes on

GOOD LUCK!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are using a used part because the 94's parts are no longer carried anywhere. They've been discontinued. Great! Just what I wanted to hear. Oh well, I just hope they can get it fixed close to the way it looks now. (minus the crunch in the fender of course!
)
Sorry it's the front fender on the drivers side. Just a little crunch, nothing to bad. I had them check the engine and tires, and they said that it just damaged the fender and nothing more thankfully.