I hit my cat. I feel terrible about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roxyrivers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You say that you are on pills. If you tell your doctor about your feelings, they can probably get you help.

In the meantime, if you feel anger and think you might hurt your cat, remember the shame you are feeling about hitting your cat and simply walk away. Go for a walk, go for a bike ride...just get away.....and then come back when you have calmed down and give your cat a hug. You will feel great, you will feel proud of yourself and your cat will love you.
Thank you for your help. It means a lot and I will take your advice into consideration. I’ve done the bike ride before and it helped a lot. I’ll try other things, like punching a pillow or just breathing techniques.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roxyrivers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's good that you realized your mistake and want to change. Just remind yourself to never hit anything living, human or animal. I was hit as a child and it only harms, regardless of what some people think. So good job for wanting to change and breaking the cycle. Keep working on it. :hugs:
I’m sorry about what happened to you when you were a child, i can’t imagine what you have went through and I’m really sorry. I will do my best and keep my cat safe, and I will continue my cycle in calming down. I’m letting my mother know about my eagerness to get a therapist and hopefully I’ll be able to get one.