I have the worst luck!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get better soon. Hope things start to work out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

I haven't missed any of my ward back-to-work program, but I had to miss 8 hours from the sit down research portion: Monday because of my need to go to a chiropractor, and today because my back was spasming so badly and I was getting shooting pains in my low back (butt area) when I was sitting.

I have 3 days of sit down orientation next week. I just don't know how I'm going to manage that
I will be taking my ice packs but they don't stay frozen for 8 hours.

The company I use for transportation is called "Handi Transit" and they contract out a number of companies to do the work. The car that I was in is owned by one of these companies that is contracted. And there is no way that I can pick on company over another. However, for the most part there are some very good drivers, but he was one of the rotten few drivers that I've encountered. Not all of them have been drivers for this one particular contracted company.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a way can find out if he is still working or somehow request that he will never be driving your route??

Have you tried sleeping with a tightly rolled towel under your neck?? That is on the of PT tips that works well if my neck acts up.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Is there a way can find out if he is still working or somehow request that he will never be driving your route??

Have you tried sleeping with a tightly rolled towel under your neck?? That is on the of PT tips that works well if my neck acts up.
There is no way for me to know what has transpired with his employment.

My chiropractor sent me home with one of those contour pillows. It's the most uncomfortable thing that I've ever tried to sleep on!! It's like cement! I start out sleeping on it....or rather, trying to, but in the middle of the night I end up giving it to Chynna (who absolutely loves it) and I take back my regular pillow. He did tell me that it will take some time to get used to. Last night I managed 4 hours with it. I do notice a difference when I use it though. Without it if I'm sleeping on my side my arms end up so tingly that they hurt.

I always use a pillow between my knees.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something weird happened this morning with my Handi Transit ride.

I was sitting outside waiting, and at 8:45 am a taxi cab pulled up. It is the same cab company that also has some cars being used for Handi Transit. But this car didn't have the designated Handi Transit sticker on it, so I asked. He was there to pick me up.

He sat there for nearly 5 minutes with me in the car filling out some kind of form and asked for my transit pass number, and then had me sign the form he had filled out. Then he turned on the meter as if the ride was going to be a paid fare.

I asked him about that. He said "The car that was to pick you up was way far away so they asked me to pick you up."

Now that has never happened to me before. If a car is far away or is going to be late, I have to sit there and wait until the car shows up and therefore I end up late to where I'm going. This is the first time a taxi cab has shown up to pick me up in place of a handi transit vehicle. So I'm wondering if it had something to do with last week and the accident. I'm thinking that perhaps the same car/driver was assigned to pick me up today which is why the hasty retreat and sending a cab to pick me up.

And then when I was picked up from the Chiropractor, the car was 15 minutes late to get me, and then 2 cars showed up!! Both with the same company that owned the car that was in the accident. And they made a huge production out of digging out a seat belt extension. The seat belt extension was new and had never been tried out, and it wasn't the right type for the seat belt in the car, but the seat belt in this car fit, so that wasn't a problem.

The driver told me that all of the drivers got a call today that they must have a seat belt extension in the car and the owner is going around from car to car inspecting that everything is in order.

So at least something good is coming out of this. They are taking passenger safety seriously.

On a positive note: I went to the chiropractor for my adjustment and then went to the pharmacy and picked up generic "Robaxacin". I took 2 as directed and my back feels great right now! Not pain free, but bearable for light activity.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet the owner checked in with his insurance company and found out about his liablility for your accident and is know trying to correct the problem.

Which is a little bit too late IMO but it should help in the future.

Seems like you are getting some special treatment too-hope that continues!!