I have got to stop watching YouTube... :( :(

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is probably in the wrong place... Apologies if so.

YouTube primarily sets my home page to feed me videos of charities etc working with animals. It's lately been hundreds of links to things like cat rescue videos and similar, mostly Kritter Klub who are a South Korean group. Usually it's local residents who feed and look after ferals who alert them to problems.

They do amazing, amazing work.... The vets they work with do as much as they can for the cats brought into them, depending on the situation. But.... They shouldn't have to. Some of the rescues are where cats or mostly kittens have become stuck etc. The group go above and beyond in every case to complete a rescue if they can, more I think than some well-known UK charities would. But the others.... People's cruelty and absolute selfishness knows no bounds.

They are just heart breaking although in most of them there is a good result. Some of the videos are so utterly distressing I've never seen anything like them. I don't think that I've seen one yet that hasn't left me in tears and hugging one of my own cats.

I've just watched one which has left me crying my eyes out like a baby on the sofa. I won't go into detail but it was utterly horrific and it has left me a wreck that a 'person' could act that way towards any living creature, AND see absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with their actions and in fact think that people should be grateful to them. 'They're just stray cats...'

WTF? Doesn't matter whether they were strays or not, and in fact some of them were pets.

Why do some people persist in the belief that animals don't have feelings or that for some reason they don't feel pain??? Or that they are lives to be simply trampled on and thrown away in utter terror and pain, that they don't matter?

Sometimes I am ashamed to be human.

There really is a special place reserved in Hell for animal abusers.