I had a scare last night

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There has been a new black cat visiting my outdoor cat feeding station for ferals and strays and it has gotten into some screaming matches with the 'resident' strays outside on my patio.

Unfortunately last night the black cat lunged at my sliding door screen and my cat Long Legs lunged back and the screen door slid open a couple inches and Long Legs ran the black cat off the patio and into the yard somewhere. They must have dislodged the door latch when the both hit the screen door from both sides. I was horrified as Long Legs has only been with me since late last year and I was worried I wouldn't be able to find him.

I turned on the outside security light which lights up my backyard, got dressed, grabbed a flashlight and some dry food in a plastic container and hurried outdoors. I called for Long Legs for 15 minutes and checked under my raised deck with the flashlight and saw some cat eyes light up but wasn't sure which cat it was. I went back to the patio, calling for Long Legs and rattling the dry food and 10 minutes later I saw Long Legs coming around the side of the house towards me. He eventually came back to the patio when I continued rattling the dry food and got close enough to where he let my pick him up and get him back into the house. Thankfully he wasn't hurt and he cleaned himself off after his adventure and had a snooze on my lap.

I couldn't believe my luck getting him back so quickly and am so thankful he's back home. I have a video of him getting out and chasing the black cat on my outdoor Cat Cam video camera but I can't figure out how to post it.

Edit: I think I figured out how to link it below. It's a quick video and you only see Long Legs for a hot couple seconds.

Long Legs escapes

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lol Long Legs came out of nowhere
He sure did! I went to the door to make sure my 2 indoor cats weren't fighting and I noticed the screen was open a couple inches and before I had a chance to close it, Long Legs was already out the door.