I gotta ask, what's wrong with my nuts?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK after that last post I am so not reading this thread anymore.

I think we may find my boss becomes a member to see what is so amusing on here

~drags mind out of gutter and back to work~

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I've never been good at it either..........
One time I ended up bleeding! Those little pokey thingy's are dangerous! They should have a warning label on them!!

I always put a bowl out around Thanksgiving & Christmas....and hubby & I sit & eat them....they are a good snack, you can't eat too many cause it takes too long to get them out of the shell!!!

That's why for work, I get the deluxe kind, they are already shelled for you!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

One time I ended up bleeding! Those little pokey thingy's are dangerous! They should have a warning label on them!!

I always put a bowl out around Thanksgiving & Christmas....and hubby & I sit & eat them....they are a good snack, you can't eat too many cause it takes too long to get them out of the shell!!!

That's why for work, I get the deluxe kind, they are already shelled for you!
I've roasted my own nuts... shell and all. There is nothing like a nice warm nut right out of the oven!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, enough of this before Karen bites her tongue clean off! We're badly behaving or behaving badly.......
not sure which, but it sure had made me laugh on a boring, rainy, yucky day!!! I hope I made a few of you smile as well!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Oh, I know Susie, I know!

But my favorite ones are the giant ones they sell loose at the holidays....they are black, and really hard to crack, I mean so hard, I can't crack them at all! And I have to beg my husband to crack nuts for me....I sit there waiting for scraps, for him to have an extra minute to crack some nuts for me.....
if only I could crack my own nuts!!!!
those are Brazil nuts...that's the 'PC' name for them. down south, there's another name, but it's kinda tacky, so i won't post it. i like them a lot, too...

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

those are Brazil nuts...that's the 'PC' name for them. down south, there's another name, but it's kinda tacky, so i won't post it. i like them a lot, too...
Yup!!! I googled it, and that's them! They are delicious. But a very tough shell to get into!!!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so surprised that I even got through this thread without passing out from laughing so hard cause I could hardly breath.

But I feel like I should add my valid opinion about my nut preference...

I like the medium sized nuts and just a little salty.

Walnuts and Pecans generally speaking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad this thread made you laugh Rachele..............that was it's soul purpose...........

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I'm glad this thread made you laugh Rachele..............that was it's soul purpose...........
Between this thread and Pandora preferring to drink not from her water dish but from the teeny bit of water that is left in the glass that it was brought down in....using her paw..

I think I'm good for laughing for the day.

Heck you can't have too much laughter.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I'm a nut eater. Just not a nutty nut eater. Directly behind me are three boxes of 48 bars each of Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Garnola bar's in the Peanut flavor. Dh found them for a really good buy. I think we originally had 7 boxes.

I don't know who your SS is going to be this year, but I'm betting you get nut for Christmas!

My Grandparent's always have baskets of nuts out at Christmas time. They roast chestnuts too.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, it's.. 1am, and I think I woke up the entire house with my laughing and choking, thanks guys. I'm a nut lover myself. Peanuts and pecans...

I do have one thing to say though...

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I don't know who your SS is going to be this year, but I'm betting you get nut for Christmas!
*bites tongue and dies laughing*