I got a gift from my SS!! - 2009 SS Gift Thread

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nat, I saw a card the other day that made me think of you (your comment about being happy with a lump of coal
). It was a snowman getting a gift - saying - TWO LUMPS OF COAL? ....and then you turn the page, and he's put them in his head and says, "I CAN SEE!"

Nat, I HAVE a lump of coal. If I could have gotten it to you by Xmas, I'd have sent it with that card!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Nat, I saw a card the other day that made me think of you (your comment about being happy with a lump of coal
). It was a snowman getting a gift - saying - TWO LUMPS OF COAL? ....and then you turn the page, and he's put them in his head and says, "I CAN SEE!"

Nat, I HAVE a lump of coal. If I could have gotten it to you by Xmas, I'd have sent it with that card!
But without the carrot the snowman can't smell!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back to presents........

I put the box on the table and of course the critters had to see what was up. Muddy was the first to arrive:

Koko had to check out what was coming out of the box. I told them there was a present in there for her:

The first present opened was Catnip Spray. Since they were going after the present, I gave the box a little spritz. And lo and behold, Koko went inside to check it out:

Scarlett had to get into the action (she's looking a little buzzed already):

Next present, which brought both Muddy and Koko up on their 2 legs - a SmartyKat Finger Fringe. Oh boy this is fun mom!! (the rest of the present and the box were abandoned after this one):

So after fighting them off to remove it from the package, I dangled it over the table. Since Scarlett is shorter than the rest of the cats, smart little girl decided to stand on top of the box to be taller than the rest:

I then became the Pied Piper. We missed all the jump shots (camera focus is too slow), but tried to capture some of the action:

When they were all panting, we took a quick break to open up the next toy. A lazer pointer. Mine broke quite a while ago and I forgot how much they loved these things. Spanky, who never showed interest in them very much before chased that light up and down the hallway until he started to pant really hard. This is the perfect toy for him to lose weight - nothing else has worked with him.

The loot - the previously mentioned things, plus Honeysuckle Bow Ties (I'm holding back on those until Christmas to give them those), a jigsaw puzzle (which btw I have about 50 pieces to go before it is put together - I'm addicted to them), and a pet hair fabric sweeper. I'd never seen those before and tried it out on my office chair. Oh my the hair that was on there, that is now inside the sweeper!
I mentioned that I collected cat hair, and this certainly helps me with that hobby!

Thank you Secret Santa!! I'm pretty sure I know who it is, just waiting for confirmation.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany
I love that jigsaw puzzle! We are really into jigsaw puzzles at work, and are doing 500 piece or less on our desks inbetween calls. It was only the assist team at first, now the school services team are doing them! LOL

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I love that jigsaw puzzle! We are really into jigsaw puzzles at work, and are doing 500 piece or less on our desks inbetween calls. It was only the assist team at first, now the school services team are doing them! LOL
I really am addicted to them and have a large shelf full. Some I've had for about 30 years now. I'll do them over and over so it's always great to have a new one in the mix. That's cool that you can do them at work!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its here!
Its here!
Its here!

I am totally darkside so I opened it as soon as I got it! Pics!

There wasn't anything on the outside of the box, so here is the inside of the box when I opened it:

All the wrapped loot outside of the box:

Mulder checking out his present:

My presents unwrapped:

The kitties presents:

I got a bag of truffles (my favorite chocolate!), a little stuffed snowman, a christmas coffee mug, a new pink wallet (my favorite color), and a beautiful glass picture frame!

The kitties each got a red stocking with paw prints and their names on them! The stockings had an assortment of balls and catnip toys, and a bag of treats! I hung the stockings up on the mantle with our stockings!

The boys for some reason weren't terribly interested in my package, I guess because I never let them in any of my other packages (I know, bad meomy!)

My package was delivered accidentally to my old address (where my ex lives) so I had to have him forward it to me. It arrived here today, but unfortunately he ripped off the return address label and there were no hints inside! I did get tracking information from the original mixup so it was mailed from somewhere in Connecticut. So, I have no idea who its from! But THANK YOU Secret Santa!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My suspected SS has not responded for confirmation, so I'm still in the dark on who sent my gift, although I'm pretty sure who it is. If you read this, please confirm!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Mulder checking out his present:

The boys for some reason weren't terribly interested in my package, I guess because I never let them in any of my other packages (I know, bad meomy!)
You need to give them more boxes!!
Very nice!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine!!!!

A huuuuge box - from Memphis, Tennessee. Hmm, who do we know from there?

A card, but no clue here...

O M G ! ! ! !
Look at all the gifts!

Only halfway through opening...

All the chocolate and other goodies.

A couple from a local chocolatier.

The rest of the gifts for me. Sugar cookie body wash in the center.

Adorable goblet for when I feel like a little "whine".

And a plate for the chocolate lover...

Goodies for the kitties - minus the one address to Ari which is somewhere around here.

Help opening them...

And their stash.

Ari grabbing at his new black fuzzy mouse. He loves it!

On several gifts were clues to my SS - their likes and dislikes, that they have fostered several hundred kittens, they are in medical school... but the big clues (besides the Memphis address) was that they had three kitties (Kojak, Velvet, and Isabella) and a german shepherd (Hagan,who wanted one of the cat toys
).

My very generous SS was Nikki/StarryEyedTiger! Thank you soooo much. You really spoiled me!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW! The wonderful prezzies keep coming. There have been some very generous Santas and some very spoiled recipients (still can't quite get my head around "santee"
)
this year.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, post edited. I hit the submit too soon.

Yes, I had to get that pic of Ari poking his head to see what I had on the table.

Oh, and a couple gifts were sent by the Christmas Llamas.