I got a gift from my SS!! - 2009 SS Gift Thread

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That wreath is gorgeous!

The cookie monster looks pretty serious about his cookies though, you had probably better share those yummy looking cookies with him!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
About time those cookies got there
Maybe the custom people were fighting temptation causing the delay?

Karen's wreaths are gorgeous.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Well, today it was my turn! Waiting, when I arrived home, was a largish square box. In the bottom of that box, all protected in bubble wrap, were two kinds of cookies...

...and even through several layers of plastic freezer bag, they drew the attention of the Cookie Monster...

...so of course they had to be tested. The light ones are not quite standard chocolate chips -- the chips are HUUUUUUGE, and plentiful. The dark ones, not so visible in that pic, are dark chocolate with macadamia nuts and cranberries -- serious YUMS!
The Cookie Monster declares that Karen can make cookies for him ANNNNNNNNY time! For me, too!
He's a pretty well behaved Cookie Monster, so I won't need to fight him off, but it will be fun sharing with him.

Now, what I didn't mention is what was on TOP of the cookies. This pic does not do justice to Karen's lovely work...

...and after my lovely wreath has had a few hours to breathe and have its loops fluffed out, AND the
batteries have recharged!, I shall take a proper pic or two and post them. Suffice to say, at the moment, that I am beyond delighted. We know Karen's handiwork, and this is no exception, and the colours couldn't be more perfect.

Thank you soooooooooooooo much, Karen!
YAY it arrived! That wreath is beautiful!

The dark cookies sound wonderful!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...and even through several layers of plastic freezer bag, they drew the attention of the Cookie Monster...
Now I have the "C is for Cookie" song in my head.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I love the way you told your "SS package" story!
...and that pic of Wellington with the Temptations package is hysterical!

...and Fran, I hope you got a few of the cookies! That cookie monster looks hungry!
Karen does make such beautiful wreaths!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Jenny, I love the way you told your "SS package" story!
...and that pic of Wellington with the Temptations package is hysterical!

...and Fran, I hope you got a few of the cookies! That cookie monster looks hungry!
Karen does make such beautiful wreaths!
Oh, yes! He's a good little Cookie Monster. He does "like cookie" -- lots, but he's conscious of his middle, too.
We'll be enjoying them for a few days, and I won't even need to hide them.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great seeing all the presents!

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Its not me then, because I don't have a llama. Its an emu.
It's not me either since I only have a wild turkey.

The Cookie Monster declares that Karen can make cookies for him ANNNNNNNNY time! For me, too!
He's a pretty well behaved Cookie Monster, so I won't need to fight him off, but it will be fun sharing with him........
Lucky you!
I love Karen's cookies. I had them last year and they fed Rob and I well into the New Year! Yum!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WooHooo!!! I came home today to find a big 'ol package on my front porch. I went to get my camera, to capture the girls investigation of said package....and you guessed it...dead as the proverbial door-nail. So I put the package out in the entry way, and the camera battery is on the charger. I'm dying to open it, but I really want to chronicle the kitties activities before, during and after....so I'll share tomorrow when I get home from work! Thank you Secret Santa!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I got my gift from my SS! Perfect timing too, I went to town to buy scrubs (when I called the store they said it was buy one get one free, takes an hour to get to town and turns out they were buy one get one half off, and they didn't have any mediums in stock!)
So my gift was the highlight of my day!
I opened it up thinking it would be wrapped, but it wasn't....I guess I could have stopped but I heard the dark side calling me

I have no idea who it's from, there wasn't a card, the address is from Lincolnton NC and it was shipped in Terrell NC. Thank you SS!! You may (ok, you definitely will) need to send me some hints as to who you are.
I love the magnet! It's already on my fridge next to my singing Elvis.

My SS sent me a really nice Columbia throw/pillow!!! Along with doggy and kitty treats, sardines addressed to Ruby
some kitty toys and some candy.

My favorite is definitely the Audrey Hepburn magnet though!

Thank you!!!
Great gifts!
Did you figure out who your SS is?

Originally Posted by Tari

OK...I feel like such an idiot. My sister was over today and she saw right away that the winged piggy isn't an angel at all...it's "Swine FLEW"
How could I have missed that?
I missed it oo!
That's awesome!

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I think the best part of SS is the happiness of the person opening the gifts... I look forward to that most, even if they aren't my recipient.... Making peoples day is awesome.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I haven't sent mine yet. Every time I go into a store or craft sale I find something else I think my SS will like. If I don't stop soon I won't be able to afford to send the weight of the gift.
I'm having the same problem! I need to get these gifts boxed up!

Originally Posted by pushylady

Thank you Melissa! I'm very much looking forward to opening the rest!
OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooh! GORGEOUS!
That is awesome, Melissa!

Originally Posted by Catkiki

I will be sending my gifts after I get paid on the 5th. It will not be as nice as some of these though because of finances!
It really and truly is the thought that counts.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I'm in the same situation. I worked almost 70 hours in 5 1/2 days this week!

However, here are pictures:

A mysterious box

A clue. Maybe misdirection?

A box of waffles? The cats say not.

Hmmm. A card on the top.

Some writing, and maybe another clue or two.

A full box, with something to interest 3 of the cats on top. (Punkin thinks all treats are yuck.)

A fishy full of toys that interest Sterling.

A couple of cute toys.

A mysterious, heavy gift. Cats show no interest.

Some more wrapped gifts.

The cats play while I unwrap.

What was in the mysterious heavy gift.

One of the wrapped gifts. Dottie will love it.

The other wrapped gift. Should be great on cool mornings.

Jeeves trying out the fleece throw. Blends right in!

And one final item on which to jot down good ideas for next year!

A pretty good haul, the cats say, and there are hints there may be more...
Very nice!
The cats definitely approve.

Originally Posted by Duchess15

I got 5 candles (Spiced Pumpkin, Almond cookie -one of my new favorites!, Autum Wreath, French Vanilla, and Good Morning)

I got a bag full of chocolate, a shower gel and lotion, Ghirardelli chocolate, and a chap stick shimmer (thanks - my lips get chapped all the time!)

The shower gel, lotion, chocolate, chap stick all came in this cute cat tin!!

My SS also made some awesome homemade cookies!!!
I think I ate half of them already!!

I was thinking that this was my christmas gift, but this was my birthday gift! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so thoughtful! I am not used to such kindness and often give so much to others that it takes me my surprise when I have someone as awesome as you! I feel so blessed to have you as my SS!!!
Thank you!
That was so thoughtful of your SS.
I love the cat tin!

Originally Posted by Catkiki

We need a list of who the recipients are and if they recieved their package or not. then when they figure out who their Santa is, they can list that too!
No way Jose!
We don't make it that easy for you.

Originally Posted by jennyranson

Yesterday was so miserable - it poured with rain all day so that even Bonaparte only stayed out for half an hour. I had planned to go out shopping but put it off. So around 4.30 pm when the buzzer sounded from the gate I was none too pleased to have to go out!

But wonder of wonders, it was a package all the way from Vancouver! I got it inside, keeping it dry. Once I read the label of course I knew immediately it was from my SS. Ellie immediately laid claim to it, to Persil's disgust.

Of course, I went immediately over to the Dark Side, watched by Ellie. After all, maybe some rain had got in, and I had a duty to take care of it. And I was so down by then with the weather that I NEEDED whatever was in it. As soon as I opened it and saw all the prettily wrapped parcels and a beautiful handmade card, Ellie knew exactly what to do. She got in the box.

Dushka waited till things were opened before coming to have a look. As I opened things, she showed interest in a crinkly red parcel, which I left till last. SS, you are amazing. These gifts are all chosen so carefully for me that I can hardly believe I only know you online. I have:

A recipe book of Vancouver specialities
A package of chilpto pepper to help me make some of them
A pack of spiced macadamia nuts
A beautiful little round leather box
A polished wooden cat puzzle box ( I collect boxes)
A pack of dried apple rings
A book (signed by the author, no less!) which is a fantasy novel about all the artists, writers and philosophers who are buried in Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris and are reincarnated as cats. I can't wait to read it.
A pair of fluffy purple socks
A tube of hand cream -much needed
And lots of WHITE CHOCOLATE - my favourite.

All through this, Ellie stayed in 'her'box

The cats got a large bag of Temptation treats, that I opened at once and were an immediate hit. Ellie stayed in the box.

BUT there was also that red crinkly package, which opened to reveal a plethora of toys and a tub of catnip! Dushka decided this was hers.

AS soon as I opened that catnip and sprinkled a little on the toys, a fight broke out. Dushka fought the others off.

Ellie, being quite intelligent, finally saw she was missing something, and went for the source, knocked the tub of catnip off the table and spent ten minutes trying unsuccessfully to open it.

And the fight went on. Wellington tried to hook a toy but was beaten off.

Biscotte and Wellington, being even more intelligent, gave up with the toys and realised the treats were unattended. She ate the ones off the table, while he decided he might as well take the whole packet.

Fortunately, I stopped eating white chocolate long enough to confiscate these goodies so I could ration them out.

Needless to say, a good time was had by all.

Like I said, you are amazing. I think I know who you are, and I can't thank you enough. I will PM you to check.

And now for the book!
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!
It really looks like Fran picked out the perfect gifts for you.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

OOH OOH! My turn!

I got a Christmas Card today from my Secret Santa! It's so cute!!! So the card has a tabby cat up to his chin in the snow with a little santa hat on, and inside it says Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow!

My SS wrote, "Dear Kim, Hope you have a great Christmas planned! Love, Santa!"

There was a clue, too!

Taped to the card is a, well, a mat of black/brown hair. Pretty large mat, too, about 2" by 1 1/2". And above it says, "Here's a hint!"

OMG!!!!!

MY SS HAS A LLAMA!!!!!!

That shouldn't be too hard to figure out, huh!
Well that will probably narrow it down quite a bit!
I want pics of their llama!

Originally Posted by -_aj_-

my presents are still wrapped my mam wont let me open them still so yous are going to have to wait untill christmas day to find out like me haha
WEll C'mon now! Give her a darkside cookie.

Well, today it was my turn! Waiting, when I arrived home, was a largish square box. In the bottom of that box, all protected in bubble wrap, were two kinds of cookies...

...so of course they had to be tested. The light ones are not quite standard chocolate chips -- the chips are HUUUUUUGE, and plentiful. The dark ones, not so visible in that pic, are dark chocolate with macadamia nuts and cranberries -- serious YUMS!
He's a pretty well behaved Cookie Monster, so I won't need to fight him off, but it will be fun sharing with him.

Now, what I didn't mention is what was on TOP of the cookies. This pic does not do justice to Karen's lovely work...

...and after my lovely wreath has had a few hours to breathe and have its loops fluffed out, AND the
batteries have recharged!, I shall take a proper pic or two and post them. Suffice to say, at the moment, that I am beyond delighted. We know Karen's handiwork, and this is no exception, and the colours couldn't be more perfect.

Thank you soooooooooooooo much, Karen!
Whew!
I am sooooo glad that finally got there!
Your "early" box wasn't so early.

I love, love, love the picture of the cookie monster. Has he noticed that I slipped some white chocolate into the chocolate cookies.
Shhhh....don't tell him if he hasn't.

Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Lucky you!
I love Karen's cookies. I had them last year and they fed Rob and I well into the New Year! Yum!
Into the New Year?
What is with you people?
We went through 4 dozen of the chocolate chip ones just on Thanksgiving and I didn't have that many people here.
The chocolate cookies bombed though. I think only 3 total of them were consumed.
My family is picky. There were "things" in the chocolate cookies.

Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

WooHooo!!! I came home today to find a big 'ol package on my front porch. I went to get my camera, to capture the girls investigation of said package....and you guessed it...dead as the proverbial door-nail. So I put the package out in the entry way, and the camera battery is on the charger. I'm dying to open it, but I really want to chronicle the kitties activities before, during and after....so I'll share tomorrow when I get home from work! Thank you Secret Santa!!!
You are going to make us wait a whole 24 hours?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured out who my SS is! ...well, figured isnt the right word exactly...more like..learned, by way of PM
hey I never said I was smart! My SS is nurseangel, whom I can't thank enough!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I figured out who my SS is! ...well, figured isnt the right word exactly...more like..learned, by way of PM
hey I never said I was smart! My SS is nurseangel, whom I can't thank enough!
You are very welcome! I hope Ruby liked the sardines!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has the list of recipients and SS's started yet? If not, here ya go! Add as you get yours!
(And correct if I'm wrong.
)

Recipient - SS
MonaxLisa - nurseangel
jennyranson - rapunzel47

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Here is what I tracked down. We have a lot of guessing to do.

Recipient - SS
GailC = ????
MomOfMany = ????
-aj- ????
Ms Freya = ????
pushylady = WELDRWOMN
Trillcat = TCS Elves
Tari = ????
Duchess15 = ????
MonaxLisa = nurseangel
MRBlanche = ????
jennyranson = rapunzel47
rapunzel47 = abbysmom
pookie-poo = ????

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Added a couple more that have recieved theirs too!

Recipient - SS
GailC = ????
MomOfMany = ????
-aj- ????
Ms Freya = ????
pushylady = WELDRWOMN
Trillcat = TCS Elves
Tari = ????
Duchess15 = ????
MonaxLisa = nurseangel
MRBlanche = ????
jennyranson = rapunzel47
rapunzel47 = abbysmom
pookie-poo = ????
kluchetta - someone with a llama!

Rang_27 - ???
Crazyforinfo - ???

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Added a couple more that have recieved theirs too!

Recipient - SS
GailC = ????
MomOfMany = ????
-aj- ????
Ms Freya = ????
pushylady = WELDRWOMN
Trillcat = TCS Elves
Tari = ????
Duchess15 = ????
MonaxLisa = nurseangel
MRBlanche = ????
jennyranson = rapunzel47
rapunzel47 = abbysmom
pookie-poo = ????
kluchetta - someone with a llama!

Rang_27 - ???
Crazyforinfo - ???
What if the llama is an elaborate ruse? Like a rented llama or a friend's llama or a faux llama, just to throw us off track? Or, an alpaca pretending to be a llama! The possibilities for trickery are endless!