I don't know what's wrong with my kitten, is she dying??

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.  You definitely did your best, and I'm sure you'll continue to take excellent care of mom and her babies.  Please keep us posted on them!

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry! [emoji]128554[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji][emoji]128554[/emoji] RIP sweet baby.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is such a shock and I am so sorry to hear that Lucky has left for the Rainbow Bridge.  You gave her every chance, so if her only problems were being too small to compete for food, getting hypoglycemic and then hypothermic, she would still be here because you took care of all of that with your excellent nursing care.  Obviously she had something wrong internally that just took her away in the end.  She had a short life but it was long enough to know love, and you have an aching heart, but you learned a lot from your experience and may be able to pass that on to others in the future.  In the meantime, you have other babies to love, and loving them and watching them grow will help your heart heal.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no.  I am so, so sorry to hear this.  Everyone else is absolutely right; you did everything you could have.  There was no reason at all to suspect that Lucky had even worse problems, but obviously she did.  It's just too bad that these things are only obvious in retrospect.

If you hadn't done all you did for her, Lucky would simply have withered and died, as so many kittens have who are born a bit too early or too small, without ever knowing comfort or love.  You gave her what she most needed, even more than warmth and her mother's milk.  You treasured her, and when it comes right down to it, this is what we all need most.

Rest in peace, sweet Lucky.  Take care of those other kitties; give them the same love you gave Lucky, and the world will be a better place because of her brief stay in it.

Margret

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry :(

:rbheart: Rest in peace Lucky, you sweet baby girl :rbheart:
:angel: [emoji]128062[/emoji] :heart3: [emoji]127800[/emoji] :rbheart: [emoji]127800[/emoji] :heart3: [emoji]128062[/emoji] :angel:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm so sorry about the little kitten!  This is the one mama kitty wouldn't nurse, isn't it?  It seems cats know better than we do; they must have an ability to know when something is wrong that we just know nothing about.  One thing's for sure, you gave this little kitten every chance.  You did everything right and it was so kind of you to help the little kitty out.  Something was wrong with this kitten and mama kitty knew.  RIP dear little Lucky.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you each and everyone of you for your kind and lovely comments they genuinely mean the world to me right now. Reading your comments made me cry because I'm so emotional she's gone but I know that she's not in pain anymore, I know there's nothing I could have done but I still keep wondering if there was. I guess mum could sense something I couldn't, I genuinely loved her and as you all say, I'm so grateful she was able to experience love whilst she was with us and she passed with people that love her. My heart aches but I know it only aches because I loved her and she passed knowing she was loved and that makes me happy. I will give the other kittens just as much love as lucky received and even though she was here for a short period of time she taught me so much. X

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We'd love to see updated pictures of the other kittens when you feel up to it! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you each and everyone of you for your kind and lovely comments they genuinely mean the world to me right now. Reading your comments made me cry because I'm so emotional she's gone but I know that she's not in pain anymore, I know there's nothing I could have done but I still keep wondering if there was. I guess mum could sense something I couldn't, I genuinely loved her and as you all say, I'm so grateful she was able to experience love whilst she was with us and she passed with people that love her. My heart aches but I know it only aches because I loved her and she passed knowing she was loved and that makes me happy. I will give the other kittens just as much love as lucky received and even though she was here for a short period of time she taught me so much. X

Status
Not open for further replies.