I don't know what's wrong with my kitten, is she dying??

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!  Awesome news.  Keep supplementing her until you are sure she is getting enough milk from mom to grow.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is going so well.  There may still be a bump or two in the road, but the major hurdles are behind you now.  I love that picture of mama and baby together.  That will do her more good than anything in the world, and YOU kept her going till she could manage this!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great! Any luck with getting the eye to open?
Nope it's still closed shut! It's open very slights in the corner and has been like that since yesterday I think it's stuck shut!

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is going so well.  There may still be a bump or two in the road, but the major hurdles are behind you now.  I love that picture of mama and baby together.  That will do her more good than anything in the world, and YOU kept her going till she could manage this!
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm still feeding her to make sure she's getting enough milk because she's only fed from mum that once! I'm going to keep trying to put her near mum when she's on herself and see how it goes!

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay!  Awesome news.  Keep supplementing her until you are sure she is getting enough milk from mom to grow.
Yes I am doing she's only fed from mum once so far so I'm going to keep trying to put her with mum alone but in the meantime I'm still feeding her every two hours :)

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will explain why it's so important for the eye to be open.

When there is eye discharge that glues the eye shut, this does not mean the drainage is stopped, so rather than it be able to come out in her tear duct area, it fills up around the eye socket and behind, causing build up, swelling comes, then the eye itself is damaged, the eyeball will ulcerate (basically explode) and will need to be removed asap.

Sounds dramatic right?! Very true, this is why the eye needs to open.

It's only a matter of soaking it with warm water and a soft cloth, or tea and a soft cloth, soak it by holding it on the eye for as long as possible, then wait a few minutes and see if that did the trick yet, if so, gently wipe the eye across to clear the goop, but then you will need to keep the eye wiped clean until you get some terramycin eye ointment the vet will give you.

Or, if you can get it from the vet now, you can swipe a ribbon of ointment across where the lids meet, wait and that will soften the goop and it will open, then put the ointment in the eye.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm absolutely over the moon! Today whilst I was at work my boyfriend tried placing Lucky with her mum (midnight) by herself to see if she groomed he etc and he was so shocked that she actually started feeding! He sent this picture to me whilst I was at work!
Look at her!  She got herself one of the PRIME nipples!  You GO Little Lucky! 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I will explain why it's so important for the eye to be open.

When there is eye discharge that glues the eye shut, this does not mean the drainage is stopped, so rather than it be able to come out in her tear duct area, it fills up around the eye socket and behind, causing build up, swelling comes, then the eye itself is damaged, the eyeball will ulcerate (basically explode) and will need to be removed asap.

Sounds dramatic right?! Very true, this is why the eye needs to open.

It's only a matter of soaking it with warm water and a soft cloth, or tea and a soft cloth, soak it by holding it on the eye for as long as possible, then wait a few minutes and see if that did the trick yet, if so, gently wipe the eye across to clear the goop, but then you will need to keep the eye wiped clean until you get some terramycin eye ointment the vet will give you.

Or, if you can get it from the vet now, you can swipe a ribbon of ointment across where the lids meet, wait and that will soften the goop and it will open, then put the ointment in the eye.
this is very important please follow the advice above. BTW she is a cute little thing

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent!  Even if she's not getting enough milk from mom, she's bonding properly and she's getting a bit of a boost to her immune system.

You'll know when it's time to stop (or cut back on) the supplemental feeding when she says she's already full.

I really admire all the work you've been putting into her -- it's not easy feeding a kitten every few hours around the clock.  I don't know if I could manage it.

Margret

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
this is very important please follow the advice above. BTW she is a cute little thing
I have tried these several times and nothing seems to be working, I can't go to a vets now as its almost midnight here in really worried about it and it's just not opening [emoji]128553[/emoji]

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried these several times and nothing seems to be working, I can't go to a vets now as its almost midnight here in really worried about it and it's just not opening [emoji]128553[/emoji]
Just keep at it,  hopefully her eye will open soon.  You are being a wonderful kitty mom 

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you that means a lot and I really appreciate it! I've tried again her eye has opened more just the corner is still closed will continue trying!

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just keep at it,  hopefully her eye will open soon.  You are being a wonderful kitty mom 
Thank you that means a lot and I really appreciate it! I've tried again her eye has opened more just the corner is still closed will continue trying!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, keep trying, and call the vet tomorrow for terramycin ointment. You're doing great with the kitten! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With an extremely heavy heart I would just like to inform everybody that this afternoon Lucky passed away. I woke up this morning to her being like she was a week and a half ago, she'd climbed out of bed, wouldn't eat/move and didn't even cry. I arranged to take her to the vets but before we made it Lucky passed away. She passed away with people around her that love her and naturally which is the best possible way I could have imagined it happening. I really appreciate everyone's help this past week or so as you helped me keep her alive for this long and I am so grateful to you all. Lucky has been buried in a large plant pot and we have laid flower bulbs down so now whenever the flowers grow we'll look at them and be reminded of her, we've called the plant 'Lucky plant' and although I'm deeply saddened, heart broken and would love nothing more than to hold her one last time I know she's in a better place. Thank you everybody [emoji]128150[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so sorry that Lucky has passed. You did everything you could, and she surely knew she was loved. Planting the bulbs for her is a beautiful idea! RIP little one! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

How are mama kitty and the siblings doing today?

Last edited:

beccalouiseeee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that Lucky has passed. You did everything you could, and she surely knew she was loved. Planting the bulbs for her is a beautiful idea! RIP little one! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

How is mama kitty doing today?
Thank you so much and she most definitely was loved! Even though we only had her for such a short time I had such an attachment to her as dos others and she left many wet eyes behind today [emoji]128150[/emoji] Mum is doing absolutely fine, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.