I don't care what my mom says..fake potatoes are YUMMY!!!LOL..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I usually make my instant potato's with more milk the they call for, very little water. Thanks the secret to the best instant potato's in the world. I just love them, I can eat them as my entire meal, to be honest.
I totally have done that!! I am a carb FANATIC and potatoes are just about the world's greatest food

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, I LOVE them!!! I love the Betty Crocker ones, they are done in 4 minutes! Or Idaho brand has this "loaded" baked potato one, with sour cream, butter, chives, & bacon!!!!
I used to have to hide the package from DH, he's one of those people that complain if they see that they're instant potatoes, but if he doesn't see the bag he'll say "boy the potatoes sure are good!"
So one day I broke down & told him the truth! Peeling potatoes is reserved for holidays!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make them when I don't have time to bother with peeling potatoes. I always doctor them up a bit with more milk, real butter, and sour cream.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I blame it on being Irish and always having potatoes with dinner as a kid but I am totally a carboholic
I'm Irish too
I went on the South Beach Diet for 2 weeks and I swear without my carbs I just didn't want to eat at all
which also might be good for weight loss, but not the best way to go about it

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW I am eating the same exact thing tonight!

Instant mashed potatoes are my absolute favorite thing. I use Idaho reg. mashed potatoes. I dont even add water, just milk, butter and a bit of salt. They taste fantastic, even better than the real potatoes. When I was pregnant, some days my entire meal would consist of mashed potatoes, sometimes with a bit of fake gravy.

Mmmm, I cant wait to get home!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night my lunch at work was a bowl of instant mashed potato's, and a can of cream of chicken soup on top. Yummy.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live alone so fake potatoes are perfect I make a spacific amount and don't have to worry about potatoes sitting in the closet going bad.

Plus they are GOOD! I like the Homestyle butter ones