I did the wrong thing, but for the right reason.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Blless you, Mason, Tom, and his father for caring enough to look for a solution, and your in-laws for opening their home to Joey!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you did the right thing! If it were me I wouldn't tell them I had him either. The poor kitty is 16 years old and deserves better than being tossed outside in freezing weather. Chances are his eyes site and hearing are failing and who knows what can happen to him out there.

I say keep him inside and make his last months or years a happy one for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update on Joey.

Went for groceries and the kids just HAD to stop at Grandma and Grandpa's so they could see him.

He's in heaven and my in-laws love him to death...he's already sleeping in their bed with them and he now has about 10 zillion toys to play with.
I swear that poor old guy never had toys before...he just played and played with a ball while we were there...that is when he was willing to take a break from hunting down and killing his toy mouse

He would get up on the back of the couch with the mouse in his mouth and then push it off, jump down on top of it, throw it in the air and finally pounce on it, "kill" it and then start all over again.

It does my heart good to see that, I just wish his former "family" could see just how happy Joey is now that he's not being thrown outside at the drop of a hat.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Just a little update on Joey.

Went for groceries and the kids just HAD to stop at Grandma and Grandpa's so they could see him.

He's in heaven and my in-laws love him to death...he's already sleeping in their bed with them and he now has about 10 zillion toys to play with.
I swear that poor old guy never had toys before...he just played and played with a ball while we were there...that is when he was willing to take a break from hunting down and killing his toy mouse

He would get up on the back of the couch with the mouse in his mouth and then push it off, jump down on top of it, throw it in the air and finally pounce on it, "kill" it and then start all over again.

It does my heart good to see that, I just wish his former "family" could see just how happy Joey is now that he's not being thrown outside at the drop of a hat.
That is great news, I am so happy that Joey is in a home where he is love and took care of, he will never hafta worry about being in the cold again. And this is probably good for your in-laws too, it gives them someone else to love and take care of.

I am so glad that you did what you did for him.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so great to hear that he now has a loving home and won't get kicked out into the cold every ten minutes.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First off, excellent work!

I feel like I can visualize Joey! Im glad hes comfortable at mom & dads, that sounds like a win-win-win-win situation to me!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LorEye

It was the right thing. I am considering asking my neighbours for their cat. They have a bunch of cats. But this one, that I call Fuzzy who I thought was a stray technically is. It's the guys' sister's cat who came to live with them for awhile and moved out one day without telling them and left the cat behind.

The kids at the school next door feed him, and I feed him, and he roams the hall of my building and sits on my doorstep.

Let us know if they try to figure out what happened to their cat.
Lor Eye..just be careful...especially if this cat is still intact and you have a pregnant cat..they need to be kept seperate until she is spayed.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey is very happy, that's for sure.
Tuesday night and yesterday during our bad snowstorm I just kept thinking what a luck kitty he is.
Thank God I "Catnapped" him and that my in-laws took him, because with all the snow, sleet and cold he would have been gone.

I don't think that way when it comes to our Gracie and Lizzie because even though their Mom was a stray they never were.
But everytime it gets cold or it snows I always look at our Annabelle and now at our new little man Elliott and wonder what would have become of them.

I know this is off topic, but I was looking at Elliott yesterday and it actually brought tears to my eyes...a not yet 2 year old, pure white cat with stubby little legs in 16 inches of snow..he would not have made it.

I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it just makes me feel so proud of myself and of EVERYONE here who has taken a stray cat or dog...can't forget Charlie hound, Jenn.... into their home and given then a chance at a good life.
Or those who feed and care for feral cats, even if they can't bring them in, at least they're feed and warm and know that there's a human that loves them, even if the cats can't yet show that love back.

Yet for every single one cat or dog that someone here cares for, there are hundreds more that nobody loves, or thinks twice about and some of them die everyday and that just brings tears to my eyes.

Okay, I'm done now sorry for going so off topic.
Sorry if I've upset anyone with all this talk of unloved and unwanted animals, I know I've upset myself.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Joey is very happy, that's for sure.
Tuesday night and yesterday during our bad snowstorm I just kept thinking what a luck kitty he is.
Thank God I "Catnapped" him and that my in-laws took him, because with all the snow, sleet and cold he would have been gone.

I don't think that way when it comes to our Gracie and Lizzie because even though their Mom was a stray they never were.
But everytime it gets cold or it snows I always look at our Annabelle and now at our new little man Elliott and wonder what would have become of them.

I know this is off topic, but I was looking at Elliott yesterday and it actually brought tears to my eyes...a not yet 2 year old, pure white cat with stubby little legs in 16 inches of snow..he would not have made it.

I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it just makes me feel so proud of myself and of EVERYONE here who has taken a stray cat or dog...can't forget Charlie hound, Jenn.... into their home and given then a chance at a good life.
Or those who feed and care for feral cats, even if they can't bring them in, at least they're feed and warm and know that there's a human that loves them, even if the cats can't yet show that love back.

Yet for every single one cat or dog that someone here cares for, there are hundreds more that nobody loves, or thinks twice about and some of them die everyday and that just brings tears to my eyes.

Okay, I'm done now sorry for going so off topic.
Sorry if I've upset anyone with all this talk of unloved and unwanted animals, I know I've upset myself.
Luckily I'm reading this before any clients come in the door....
I happen to agree with you. My Precious never would have made it thru the winter....
to everyone who does a little for a stray, abandoned, lost animal.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well...Joey has got to be one of the luckiest cats in the world! He finally gets to know what love is.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It so heartwarming to hear how things worked out for Joey. You did such a wonderful thing for him!