I caused family drama last night. (Very loooonnnggg)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

As you can easily see from most of the posts, money is almost always an issue with most folks - it's wonderful to see that it is not the motivation for you.
Thanks Yosemite. I was very surprised to see this entire thread turn to money and I ended up having to explain myself more then I wanted to in defense lol. I am not saying anything bad about it because it is very sweet and I really did appreciate all of the support and thoughts everyone had to give me. Thank you everyone.

Often when issues come down to money in families, normally nice people turn into blood-suckers. Who gets what and/or how much should never be an issue. I never understood why anyone should feel they are "entitled" to what others have left behind. Nobody owes us anything and we shouldn't be expecting it.
I totally, totally agree with the above. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t expect the house, I wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be getting a lawyer for that. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not my house, if my parents give her a house I will just suck it up. That wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t happen but itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s really not my house to complain about not getting. I will totally appreciate it if I got the money though. As I said before, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t believe in lawyers and courts when it comes to blood.

You are a very kind and thoughtful person and I can't help but think that you would have to have been raised by fairly nice people to be the way you are. It's wonderful that you can forgive and forget and it seems as though your family does as well. We all need to vent once in awhile so I hope it helped to lower your stress level by venting to us.
Thanks Yoemite, I have grown up in a very good family. I really couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have asked for better. Lol and it really did help me out. As ive said in previous posts i dont really have any friends close to where i live so sometimes it hard when stressful things come up.

I did end up apologizing to my parents. I have yet to talk to my sister. I am still not sure what to do about that. I am excited my Dad is flying down tomorrow. My Mom was supposed to come but she has a major flu (but assured me a thousand times it wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t because of this mess). I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know why my sister isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t coming down. I can only assume because her and my mother were going to drive down she never got a plane ticket.

I feel a ton better. I will feel ever better when I try and figure out what to do with my sister lol. I kept trying to pick up the phone and dial but for some reason I kept pausing and not dialing…

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel a ton better. I will feel ever better when I try and figure out what to do with my sister lol. I kept trying to pick up the phone and dial but for some reason I kept pausing and not dialing…
Wait a minute! Do we have the same sister?!

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better about the situation. It sound as if your folks actually have good financial sense. I could tell you a horror story about my FIL passing away without a will, but I won't---it's just too ugly. Hopefully, your folks have things well in hand.

Good luck with that sister!