I apologize for offending anyone

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I understand people getting offended, I just wish they would PM me about it. If I have offended someone, I would hope that members feel comfortable enough with me to let me know.

I am not a psycho angry person who will ever get mad at someone for letting me know how they feel. I act weird and freakish, but I am actually a relatively normal, calm and understanding person.
Sure you are, Nat. JOKING!!

I think you're a sweetie - I've just read through this entire thread and I take it someone has had an exception to your turn of phrase? I think you sound just exactly like a young, happy, vibrant person should. You use words no doubt common to the vernacular of where you grew up and where you hang out. Goodness knows nobody on here ever swears or gets verbally abusive or anything like that. That would be worth a complaint.

So, just for the record, keep on being who you are and don't apolgise. I have probably offended every single person on this board in some way or another because of my very outspoken opinions in IMO, but once I spent four days in tears thinking I had upset people here. Just because you might be outspoken and a bit cheeky, doesn't mean you don't have a good heart and a sensitive spirit.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

So, just for the record, keep on being who you are and don't apolgise. I have probably offended every single person on this board in some way or another because of my very outspoken opinions in IMO, but once I spent four days in tears thinking I had upset people here. Just because you might be outspoken and a bit cheeky, doesn't mean you don't have a good heart and a sensitive spirit.
It's possible to be opinionated and outspoken without being offensive or rude.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think you're a sweetie - I've just read through this entire thread and I take it someone has had an exception to your turn of phrase? I think you sound just exactly like a young, happy, vibrant person should. You use words no doubt common to the vernacular of where you grew up and where you hang out. Goodness knows nobody on here ever swears or gets verbally abusive or anything like that. That would be worth a complaint.

Awww Sarah
Thank you.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

as much as it pains me,to agree with her(just kidding) yea
anyway, like i said before. just be who and what you are. If someone gets upset over that, then that is there issue not yours.

lol beside i am sure you have seen my posts in IMO i am sure i have upset 3/4 of TCS

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only just read this thread - been kinda busy, you know! But I am sure no-one (or almost no-one, and certainly not Nat) ever means to offend anyone on TCS, either through using a word or expressing an opinion. That is what TCS is all about, being outspoken and free with each other without offending. SOmetimes it is good to have a little reminder about propriety, or about frightening away newcomers, and we have all seen those. And we now have the Members' Lounge where we can be even freer. So personally I would say it is now time to close this thread as everything that can be said on the subject has been said. It is a storm in a teacup. ANd if I offend anyone with that, then I am sorry.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

It's possible to be opinionated and outspoken without being offensive or rude.
Yes, exactly! And from the other side of things -- it's also possible to disagree with what someone says without taking offense to it.

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything offensive here..... well maybe I'm offended that you needed to apologize for something you haven't done?