I apologize for offending anyone

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat, I do cuss like a sailor and can say that your silly little word is just that..........SILLY!!! My Daughter has said far worse than that..............it's NOT been the actual cuss word either.Just something that kids these days say in place of that word.
I hope you know how much I (we) love you and want you to know that.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, if the word being discussed here is the one I think it is, I -- yes, ME, the queen of linguistic propriety -- I used it once myself! It's in the second line of that great old Paul Simon song, "Kodachrome," which I quoted in a post about driving to my high school graduation. I don't use the word in "real life," but I didn't think it was something that would actually be banned.

So I'm an offender, too! Nice to know I'm in good company, though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Y'know, if the word being discussed here is the one I think it is, I -- yes, ME, the queen of linguistic propriety -- I used it once myself! It's in the second line of that great old Paul Simon song, "Kodachrome," which I quoted in a post about driving to my high school graduation. I don't use the word in "real life," but I didn't think it was something that would actually be banned.

Hey I'm offended by your smilie.
I've noticed in some posts in IMO you could almost substitute
for "the finger".

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Remember when you said:

My jokes might not be funny
But what I meant was--- we are washing out our dirty mouths with soap!! maybe i'm the only one that got it?!?

awww....nevermind!
Hahahaha! No, dude! That icon I thought was an angry person on a soapbox... Like I was being pedantic or something. But then I realized that didn't make sense, and thought maybe it was about the soap. But I still wasn't sure. So is it both?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If it is that word a lot of us are offenders. When I was a kid I was taught that word to be used as a replacement for curse words, kinda like 'gosh' or 'shoot'. If that's a curse word, I'm in trouble and have been since I was like 5.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

If it is that word a lot of us are offenders. When I was a kid I was taught that word to be used as a replacement for curse words, kinda like 'gosh' or 'shoot'. If that's a curse word, I'm in trouble and have been since I was like 5.
Wait--what? I didn't know that word was what everyone was talking about! I thought it was something worse. Heck I just said that at the library today and nobody gave me a dirty look. What if someone was talking about carp and got the letters mixed up?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Wait--what? I didn't know that word was what everyone was talking about! I thought it was something worse. Heck I just said that at the library today and nobody gave me a dirty look. What if someone was talking about carp and got the letters mixed up?
Just speculating. But anything much worse would have been mod-stamped and deleted, so you know we're not talking (if we are talking about words?) about your traditional four-letter words.

But I have no idea what's going on except what's publicly in this thread.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Don't forget this guy too:

He's err..umm..without getting my post removed I've seen that move by guys before at dance clubs. Now that's an obvious suggestion!
darn, you took my answer!
on the censored words topic - i tried to post once about how Java shuts one eye more than the other when i snap a flash pic - like one is more sensitive to light than the other. around here, that's known as cockeyed [hmmmmm.... wonder if it'll censor again]. anyway, it's traditionally spelled with a hyphen, but when i do, it censors the 1st 4 letters! see!
-eyed

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't apologize... I swear like a trucker and I am opinionated! That is something I am trying to cut back on but it is part of who I am...Crude! No need for apologies here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Originally Posted by Moz

Thats not the word.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I have no clue what's going on? Everyones talking about "that word" what word?????
Don't worry about it..its not really important. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't offending on purpose.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know if anyone saw The Simpsons on Sunday, this really reminds me of that show. I'm picturing Ned Flanders breezing through the internet looking for anything offensive to report.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

We all love you for who you are Nat. TCS would be a lot less interesting without you and your opinions. I'm not saying that everyone else on here is boring but everyone plays a big part here. Even though there are 15000+ members on here, the loss of one's opinions would have a big impact on all of us.
I just wondered how many active users are there? Are there lots of members who dropped off the face of the planet after a few posts?

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this whole thing really irritating, and think that the people who complained about a silly little word should get a life
. There is so much wrong with this world, that to get your knickers in a twist about a word is petty and ridiculous

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I found this whole thing really irritating, and think that the people who complained about a silly little word should get a life
. There is so much wrong with this world, that to get your knickers in a twist about a word is petty and ridiculous
Huzzah! Well-said, Ana.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I understand people getting offended, I just wish they would PM me about it. If I have offended someone, I would hope that members feel comfortable enough with me to let me know.

I am not a psycho angry person who will ever get mad at someone for letting me know how they feel. I act weird and freakish, but I am actually a relatively normal, calm and understanding person.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WOO HOO!!! You took the words right out of my mouth.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

WOO HOO!!! You took the words right out of my mouth.
Nice to know I am not the only one who feels like this.