i am so ugly i scare my cats.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His were the ones than had to be removed.

We used a t-shirt and boxers and pinned them together... he chewed through that so we ended up going back and getting the e-collar. He wears them regularily now even because he suffers from hot spots... vet doesn't know what causes them.

At the rescue, all of our spays get the desolvable sutures so they don't have to go back, stress does alot to some of these poor kitties.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

His were the ones than had to be removed.

We used a t-shirt and boxers and pinned them together... he chewed through that so we ended up going back and getting the e-collar. He wears them regularily now even because he suffers from hot spots... vet doesn't know what causes them.

At the rescue, all of our spays get the desolvable sutures so they don't have to go back, stress does alot to some of these poor kitties.
Poor pup! Have you tried bathing him in a Malabase bath? Vets offices sell the Malabase shampoo for about $16 - it's AMAZING it works sooo well on numerous skin conditions. It helps soothe hot spots as well! I would try bathing him in that to see if it helps. Also- you can put regular Aveeno lotion on them to help soothe them too
/ Is he indoors only or does he outdoors? Sometimes outdoor or indoor / outdoor dogs get them easily. I hope he feels better soon!

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first kitty Bella (who i miss dearly!) chewed out every one of her stitches our very first night together. Needless to say, we ended up at the kitty ER early that next morning (because of course it was sunday!) As a new pet owner I was traumatized! The ER put staples in her...which she proceeded to chew out even with an E collar. It was crazy! She ended up having many other health problems from the shelter I adopted her from, though, and even the best vets couldn't save her

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my boys where glued

For Sho, I guess they didn't get his very well and later that night it started to pull open a bit. I was worried a bit and had planned to take him back in that morning because I didn't want to risk him getting an infection. Luckily by morning it had sealed itself. Sho did act a bit tender for a couple days.

Tomas had a better glue job, and I dare say a neater neuter... he recovered faster too.

Don't bathe your kitty though, glued or not that would not be good right now. If there's a really icky spot on his fur you could probably help him out with a damp cloth, just stay away from the back end.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's only outside to do his business and then he comes in. In the summer he will sit out in the backyard for hours.. But I don't keep him out there for any longer than 2 hours, if that.

The vetss originally thought it was corn or chicken that he was allergic to. After putting him on a potato/duck diet, it still didn't go away.
We was put on Omega fatty acids and such like that, but nothing helped.

This past summer they got severly bad and we even considered euthanasia, thats how bad they got... but eventually they healed.
Then the vets thought it was an outdoor allergy, but he get thim this December really bad when everything was dead.

So now the vets aren't sure. They told me not to bathe him in the hot humid months because the moisture traps under the coat and develops a hot spot, so we haven't bathed him with anything.

He has been on steriods and all sorts of medication.... and they help.. but they cant be used until after the hot spot has shown up.

So I dunno.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

He's only outside to do his business and then he comes in. In the summer he will sit out in the backyard for hours.. But I don't keep him out there for any longer than 2 hours, if that.

The vetss originally thought it was corn or chicken that he was allergic to. After putting him on a potato/duck diet, it still didn't go away.
We was put on Omega fatty acids and such like that, but nothing helped.

This past summer they got severly bad and we even considered euthanasia, thats how bad they got... but eventually they healed.
Then the vets thought it was an outdoor allergy, but he get thim this December really bad when everything was dead.

So now the vets aren't sure. They told me not to bathe him in the hot humid months because the moisture traps under the coat and develops a hot spot, so we haven't bathed him with anything.

He has been on steriods and all sorts of medication.... and they help.. but they cant be used until after the hot spot has shown up.

So I dunno.
Bless his heart! That's soo aweful
Poor little fella. I wish i could help you but i don't know much more about hot spots other than dogs who get them should be take outside only to use the bathroom then brough back in immediately afterwards to help avoid getting them or aggervating them worse. Do you think it would help if you did a lion cut on him? Maybe the less fur, the less he'll be irritated

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Bruce, Eazy will be fine. Watch him though because he could get sick because of the anethesia.

When I took Gizmo in to get neutered, I got off work late and he was the very last cat waiting. They actually had to unlock the door for me. When I opened the door he was half asleep, and when he looked up and saw me he just screamed! I wasn't sure if it was because he was so happy he was going home, or just plain pissed off because he had to wait that long! But, he was fine the next day.

The only problem he had was a few days later his sister went into heat (this happened before we had him neutered...money issues...and we had to finally keep them in separate rooms! He was loving everying in sight including my slippers!) This time, he tried to go to town and we just laughed! I guess he still had the hormones in his system but couldn't do anything with them. He kept looking at us like "what did you humans DO TO ME!!!!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, thanks everyone. Eazy seems almost normal now,he was just running around some.

lol now heyu is hissing at him, i guess he smells different

and thanks for all the information also, i just linked it to someone who is kinda scared to have her male cats done.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Eazy.

I was thinking about shaving him down completely this year. It's a 3 day job for me, and I imagine it will be quite costly if I go to a groomer... but one way or the other, this is what we will likely do.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww.........just found this, glad he's back home with you - and glued - well thats interesting, Teddy had stitches and has a go at them now and then, but she must have tied them real good, cos they are still there

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when my cat was fixed she was still kinda out of it when i got her. she slept for next day and then she was fine, still a little sore but fine.