hurricane OPHELIA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I am not too far out of the white circle on the map, inside it on the 3 day forecast. I have carriers ready and gas in the car if we have to leave, and only need a few more things if we don't. The grocery store is around the corner, so either way, I AM SCARED SPITLESS OF HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be going to the liquor store on the way home from work tomorrow.
there you are krazy kat2
i was trying to think of who that was that lived near me cause i remember last time we were chating on a hurricane glad to see your here i was watching jim cantore he said its going to look like a washing machine in the Alantic around here tommorow so i guess that means the same for you hang in there

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yoviher

Dunno... Ophelia is acting like a drunk... moving around and around yet not going anywhere.

i guess she'll get a BUI [blowing under the influence]

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RockinRhonda

there you are krazy kat2
i was trying to think of who that was that lived near me cause i remember last time we were chating on a hurricane glad to see your here i was watching jim cantore he said its going to look like a washing machine in the Alantic around here tommorow so i guess that means the same for you hang in there
Me too!

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Me too!
holy moly you to uh
dawnofsierra
hang in there i guess its are turn now my mom is oready calling and emailing me shes a nervous reck and im stressed out
i half to laugh sometimes just to keep my mind normal but truly i pray that this thing doesn't come are way
hang in there

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

well is all i can say if this storm/hurricane comes this way means i will be out of work on monday or tuesday i having surgery on friday and that means my pay check will be so small i was hoping to have a full extra pays when i go out next week

my husband is starting to ties things down I road up to the ocean the waves are a little ruff but now to much they expect to pick up tonight and tommorow i will get some pictures and post them later

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
id be a total nervous wreak,i dont like thunderstorms
so how id be with a hurrican due totoal break down i expect
good luck you lot and im thinking of you all.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like we are going to get a direct hit iif it continues on its current path. They said on the news it will only be a 1 or a 2. ONLY a 1 or 2!!!!!!!!
If it doesn't get any stronger, I think we will be ok. This house is has weathered many of them and has held up well. We had a 1 and a 2 last year and did not even lose power or water. But you know what? I AM STILL SCARED SPITLESS OF HURRICANES AND THE LIQUOR STORE WAS CLOSED BY THE TIME I GOT OFF WORK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

It is blowing like a bandit here already, and something hit my roof a little while ago. This is not going to be a good weekend.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my!!, stay inside and be very careful!!, I will be thinking of all of you in it's path tonight

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so far things are looking up for us it just may miss us
i sure hope it does and stay far away but not letting are guard down still in a hurricane watch a long the coast

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEK! The edge of it is over us in that map! If you look at the map, you will see 2 inlets in the mid portion of NC. We are at the end of the first one, 13 miles inland. Dawnofsierra is right on the ocean.
If it does not strenghten, we will be ok. We had a 2 last year, and I had to be out driving in it. It was scary, but there were an amazing number of people just going about their business.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just heard that soem of the models are showing it heading our way. YIKES!

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hang in there krazykat im sorry its comming your way many prayers headed your way