hublebuble4 - pregnant cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
When you say bear face, do you mean a teddy bear face ?

If so I hate to disappoint you but almost all kittens have cute round little teddy bear faces when young. But this will change as they get older as their muzzles develop and they then get a more cat shaped face.

This is the reason all kittens look so cute. Have you ever seen a ugly litter of kittens ? No because they all have such cute round faces. But as I said they don't stay that way forever unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your kittens. I'm glad you have found a home for the little blue one. How are you getting on finding homes for the others ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I promised to show some videos. I appologize that I have not done this yet. Cannot find my USB Cable to the camera, but I must find it. The videos are stored in the camera.  

Anyway talking about the mini bears. The mini bear must not look exactly like a bear, but the one who is interested in that kind of cat must Think - ok, I understand why it's call it like that.

The Gldeneye Brown TeddyBear Cat is utopia. It will never happen. Soon I must try to sell the Little ones for a cheap price. And the Dream is fading away....

The kittens are all now educated to use the litter box. I Think that they are all so cute. They eat cat food, but wants to drink milk  sometimes from mother Elsa Gloria. Eg looks so skinny and I almost Think that she is not healty at all. Must Contact the vet. And this is important too: the kittens are not at all afraid of human beings. They wrestle, jump on the cat tree, and they are just having fun with their siblings.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And that's exactly how it should be.
How can you bear to part with them?

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please inform me. Mother Elsa Gloria is still offering milk to her kittens. For how long time will she do that? How does it stop? Does eg just inform the kittens: ok, now eat normal cat food, and drink water. They are born the 25th of December 2013, so the kittens are about 50 Days old - 7 weeks now. Because mother eg looks so skinny and meagre. I appreciate if someone answer this.

I will let the vet give them a shot against cat pest and let them be chiped, so they will have a "passport" each one of them. Then if I look at one of the Swedish eBay sites, they sell moggies for about € 50 - 60, and the cost to pay the vet is € 40. The cat World is not big business, that's for sure. They are so cute and nice - I keep them all - and will became a sort of "look, there is that strange cat owner. He lives there" people say when they see me.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Please inform me. Mother Elsa Gloria is still offering milk to her kittens. For how long time will she do that? How does it stop? Does eg just inform the kittens: ok, now eat normal cat food, and drink water. They are born the 25th of December 2013, so the kittens are about 50 Days old - 7 weeks now. Because mother eg looks so skinny and meagre. I appreciate if someone answer this.

I will let the vet give them a shot against cat pest and let them be chiped, so they will have a "passport" each one of them. Then if I look at one of the Swedish eBay sites, they sell moggies for about € 50 - 60, and the cost to pay the vet is € 40. The cat World is not big business, that's for sure. They are so cute and nice - I keep them all - and will became a sort of "look, there is that strange cat owner. He lives there" people say when they see me.
It is very normal for kittens to still be nursing some at 7 weeks. Most mothers will still feed their kittens till 8 to 10 weeks, with the weaning process being completed between 8 and 10 weeks.  If left uninterrupted many mother cats will feed their kittens some until 12 weeks at which point they wold complete the weaning process, but on average, your kittens have 1 to 3 weeks left of getting some milk from EG.

While kittens CAN be forced to fully wean sooner, it is not ideal.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elsa Gloria will start to push them away when she feels it is time. Until then, providing milk for several large kittens is very hard on a mother cat, as you have seen. Are you giving her as much food as she can eat? She should have lots of kitten food and also milk formula or goat milk to keep up her strength. Unsalted curd or cream cheese can be good - kittens love it too. This is why mother cats must be spayed as soon as possible after having kittens - if they become pregnant again they can become seriously ill from malnourishment. Nature can be very cruel sometimes.

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Young girl who wanted to have the grey kitten now wants a Little dog instead. So now I have four kittens again.

They all say that I must advertise and sell them now when they are Young. I understand that. But first I will try to let them walk outdoor with a Leach, so they all can behave like a dog and walk with a person. First I will let the vet give them a shot against cat pest.

Two Days ago they all were up in my bed, and I took them in my hand one after Another and put them up in the air. Then i took them down and put them on the blanket. And then one of them peed on the blanket. I must say that it was my fault. Ok, I found and bought a washing material for down. I will wash it later today.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is much better for kittens to stay with mom and siblings until 12 weeks old to learn proper cat manners. 7 weeks is much too young to be separated.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Cats are cats, not dogs. It's fine if you want to leash train the kittens; but, cats do not walk on a leash like a dog. The cat is the leader and walks the person, unlike a dog, which is walk by the person. It won't do you any good to try and make the kittens more like a dog. It doesn't work.

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, Elsa Gloria must feed the Little ones some weeks more.

Eg has now her 1st "period" after giving birth to the kittens. And boyfriend acts in Another way now. I Believe that both eg and bf are confused. Bf is not a Casanova anymore.

Pehaps I must make a phonecall to Confuse a Cat: See: Monty Python - Confuse-A-Cat on Youtube.

Bf is now neutered.

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the reply about Walking with a cat with a leash.

I must say, that I walked with Elsa Gloria so many times with a leash. And therefore I must add - she walked with me, so I know that a cat is not a dog. But if I start to walk with the kittens, perhaps they will behave more like a dog with a Leach? I don't know?

How can i sell the Little ones? They ar so cute. They jump all over the appartment on sofas on the cattree and everywhere. And they are all perfect with the litter-box.

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
New pedigree (my kitten moggies) - The Goldeneye Brown Teddybear Cat: Now I looked at the Three dark kittens, when the 1st spring sun was shining on their fur. Now I know that all Three kitten are dark Brown. It's a mix between dark Brown and black, tabby like, but the dominant colour is Brown. I Think it's a pity that noone is interested in a pedigree like that. Or? Like almost all kittens, I must find a new home for all four kittens, and the Dream o f this darkbrown cat is gone. Pity. A bear has just alittle tail. These kittens has normal cat tails, but it's the image of a Brown bear, is what I like. And as I have mentioned Before, these kittens are so funny - all of them. They play, run, jump on cattree and so on, and have all inherited the nice and kind personality of their parents. And the look of the kittens are not at all like a Burmese.

hublebuble4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As there are no chocolate Brown breeds with a face that is "normal" cat face, I hope that in the future someone could crate and fight for a new breed:

The Havanna Brown and the Brown Burmese are both Beautiful cats

Peter with 6 cats

Last edited by a moderator:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This thread has gone quite off-topic and is now being closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.