how to make cat play with you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok he played with da bird for 1 min and he played with a feather teaser for like a full 2 mins. -_________________-

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
he just literally went back to sleep after that LOL (eye roll emoji)

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat goes absolutely bananas over the mouse attachment for Da Bird: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006N9D4A/?tag=&tag=thecatsite

She likes the regular feather attachment ok but the mouse and any of the bug attachment really blow her mind. It can take some expirementing to figure out what really gets them going.

By the way, I gave quite the crush on Roman [emoji]128571[/emoji]

taomom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I can do this. I agreed to make my cat indoor only. He wont even let me clean off his eye boogers let alone put on a harness. 
I know it takes time, but there's no hurt in trying [emoji]128522[/emoji]

buckeemartynme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is my Siamese Red Point. He didn't like to play with anything at first...but I went through 10 blankets before he selected this one as his favorite...I'm guessing he liked it because it matched his eyes.

He's 2 in this picture and is now 4 years old...he has doubled in size....and I purchased a trunk full of toys...the only thing he would occasionally bat at is a ping pong ball and the lazer dot that you run across a wall with...

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is my Siamese Red Point. He didn't like to play with anything at first...but I went through 10 blankets before he selected this one as his favorite...I'm guessing he liked it because it matched his eyes.
He's 2 in this picture and is now 4 years old...he has doubled in size....and I purchased a trunk full of toys...the only thing he would occasionally bat at is a ping pong ball and the lazer dot that you run across a wall with...
What a cutie!

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oops i'm sorry i'm just excited I found *his* toy

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did your roomba arrive yet? If so, how is it working out for you. I've thought of getting one but not sure if it's worth it.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't either...she liked it for about a minute but not too much anymore though I hear a lot of cats like it.

I was just cleaning up a bunch of cat toys and I picked up one that made me think of Roman:

https://www.chewy.com/ethical-pet-s...et&utm_term=&gclid=CM7ipJHwvMwCFUdrfgoddgcDDA

They have these small beads inside that rattle when they are moved or shaken up...not quite a bell but might be worth a try as they are inexpensive. When I shake one up and then throw it, my kitty runs at lightning speed after it. You can find these at most pet stores or online.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did your roomba arrive yet? If so, how is it working out for you. I've thought of getting one but not sure if it's worth it.
Yeah I got the 770 because it has a hepa filter and is made specifically for pet hair. It's like 370 right now even though it was listed at 450 new last week.

That's like cleaning after one day. I used manual before that. I'm embarrassed.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't either...she liked it for about a minute but not too much anymore though I hear a lot of cats like it.

I was just cleaning up a bunch of cat toys and I picked up one that made me think of Roman:

https://www.chewy.com/ethical-pet-s...et&utm_term=&gclid=CM7ipJHwvMwCFUdrfgoddgcDDA

They have these small beads inside that rattle when they are moved or shaken up...not quite a bell but might be worth a try as they are inexpensive. When I shake one up and then throw it, my kitty runs at lightning speed after it. You can find these at most pet stores or online.
I bought a bunch of bell toys off petco which surprisingly wasn't even a lot. Their online prices are so much better than in store? Like why?

I probably have to go online for rattle balls so I'll try it. So far he's only played with the feather bell teaser so I hope he likes balls with bells too. And this bell scratcher chaser thing.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I got the 770 because it has a hepa filter and is made specifically for pet hair. It's like 370 right now even though it was listed at 450 new last week.

That's like cleaning after one day. I used manual before that. I'm embarrassed.
Wow! Looks like it's doing a good job. Does kitty like it?

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! Looks like it's doing a good job. Does kitty like it?
Sometimes he walks when it comes directly for him other times it was attacking his butt and he was just sitting there. lol.