How to know if my cat will have her kittens soon.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the cool cloth is a good idea. Cats are excellent at regulating their temperatures, you don't want the babies to get chilled, and you don't want to freak mom out.

No cow milk!

gracethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much @talkingpeanut for coming in time. I thought that cow milk would've kept her hydrated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! I put some water in a little measuring cup and she drank about 1/4 of a cup! Thanks for the information about cows milk. I had no idea.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No fan needed. She isn't too warm. She'd get up if she were. She's still in pain from delivery. It takes time for her body to begin to heal, that was a big event for it. Keep an eye on her, but she's probably okay. Congrats on babies!

jenny37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! They are so cuuuute:)
It was a big full moon last night by the way and I guess that's what Rosie, Eva, and the other mamas were waiting for;)

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing much better!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry I wasn't here to help earlier. That was after pains, and her system needing to calm down. Happens all the time. Some cats will pant off and on for a couple of days after delivering.

Is everyone doing well? [emoji]128522[/emoji]

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh it's ok! These wonderful people helped me out. Rosie is doing wonderful. No bleeding or discharge. She's being a great mommy! She's only left the box once to use the litter box. I tried to get some weights but she meows when I pick them up so in going to give her a few more hours.she doesn't seem at all mad at me just concerned and not wanting them messed with. She will even turn over,and "hide them" by putting her arm around them. They have all been eating all day. None of them are whining at all so I'm sure they've been satisfied. :) I'll post better pics when I'm able to get weights tonight.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! All sounds good for now. Yes, give her some space and time. You can even weigh them in the morning. You may see her spotting some blood in the next few days. It's normal. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Updated weights:
1st born 101g Torti
2nd born 99g black
3rd born. 95g light orange
4th born 86g dark orange
5th born 103g tuxedo
6th born 98g gray

The torti and the tuxedo didn't gain much. That suprises me bc the torti is always latched on! Everyone is doing great this morning.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, they did not. They did gain though, which is good. Hopefully, they will gain more today. If not, you may want to supplement those two to give them a boost. With six, it's not unusual to have a runt or two - just keep an eye out. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do I know if she's been stimulating them to go to the bathroom? I haven't seen any little wet spots,or any poop?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How do I know if she's been stimulating them to go to the bathroom? I haven't seen any little wet spots,or any poop?
The most probable everything is going excellently, and she eats it.   Seeing the wastes is usually just a phenomena noticed by rescuers of orphans, many breeders had never seen any kitten poo..  Mom ates it.   Its just if you notice something is very amiss, when you can suspect they do have problems with eliminating, its not because momma eates it all...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Exactly as Stefan said: it means mom is taking care of things! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok Thank you!!

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Updated weights
1st born 105 g. Torti
2nd born 106 g black
3rd born 104g light orange
4th born 100g dark orange
5th born 111g. Tuxedo
6th born. 101g gray

The gray is now the smallest. They must get more milk from certain nipples. I've been trying to rotate them. The gray one doesn't seem as eager to eat as the others. I'm going to get some kmr today and try a little. They are all gaining but some not as much as others.