How pathetic am I? ( no it's not a poll)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, husband spent the night on the floor with the puppy and I fell asleep at 12:05 in bed with the cats. None of us are pathetic - and the "good old days" aren't what they were cracked up to be. Waking up on new year's day with a hangover is just not fun anymore. Besides, what can be more important than your child???

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read until a quarter till midnight (DH was asleep) because I couldn't sleep and then still fell asleep before the new year. Right now we're watching and recording the Mythbusters Marathon on Discovery Channel (recording it for my sis who doesn't have cable).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was talking about New Year's Eve with a friend, who always partied a lot when we were in our teens and early twenties. She has 3 kids, the oldest 16, and hasn't gone out on New Year's Eve for 16 years. What's more, she says she doesn't miss all the hassle - whose house or what club, what to wear, designated driver, etc.. What's more, she can enjoy the Mummers' Parade (marching string bands in elaborate costumes - a Philly specialty) without a hangover.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was home alone too. Didn't get on the computer much, though. Ever since we got back from vacation Trent has been attached to me at the hip and has been very upset whenever I leave. I probably could have gone to a friend's house, but decided to stay home with my kitty. Earl was working at the club.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, I don't think it's pathetic at all! I think it's a really smart choice by a wonderful mom. Personally, I'm not into "partying" anymore. Gary and I don't drink, I hate dealing with the noise, and I hate dealing with getting back home. I so prefer to stay home. I know I was with Gary and his mom, but if I had an Amber, I would so prefer just to stay home with her safe and sound asleep while everyone else went out if that's what they were into!

Maybe it means this will be a quiet, reflective year for you - which could be a really wonderful thing, who knows?

(((((Hugs)))))

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Debby, that's not pathetic. It just means you have moved on from those party days and have better things to do in life now, treasure your girl she'll grow up in no time!
Hope 2004 is a nice year for you. hugs.