How old were you...

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, it was not my kitty exactly but at the age of 3, my family adopted a barn cat named Puff (you know, Dick and Jane and Sally and Spot and Puff, lol) Puff had kittens - she arrived pregnant and the little black kitten became mine!!

I have had cats all my life since then!!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents got me a cat when I was 6. They took care of him (his name was Tigger) but I believed he was mine.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

Well, it was not my kitty exactly but at the age of 3, my family adopted a barn cat named Puff (you know, Dick and Jane and Sally and Spot and Puff, lol) Puff had kittens - she arrived pregnant and the little black kitten became mine!!

I have had cats all my life since then!!
My first cat was the family cat. She "followed" my brother home from first grade, so I was about 3. He named her Friskie, after the dog in Dick and Jane, because he always wanted a dog. She was a silver tabby who lived over 15 years.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twofatcats

Can you believe it? I was about 55 years old!

My family did have cats when I was young, but they were just barn cats, so I don't really count that. We never treated them as family members the way most of us seem to treat our pets.
Festus' Mom (Miss Kitty) was given as a 70th birthday gift to a woman by her children. She had never owned a pet before. They just really hit it off at the first adoption show that Miss Kitty went to. None of her 3 kittens which were up for adoption were chosen that day, but Miss Kitty found a new home. She was renamed Jasmine by her new owners granddaughter.

All she wanted to do was sit on a warm lap and purr. We both work full time, so I'm sure Miss Kitty, now Jasmine is much happier with her. Festus looks just like her Momma.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
since the age of 6 my gran told my parents they should get me a kitten. sadly they didnt listen and i had to resort to bringing home Maverick at 20 before i could get a cat.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormy (my first cat) found my family one rainy night a few months before I was born. She lived until I was almost 18

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my parents had 2 when i was born and was raised with tweeky til i was a few years old and then mighty died when i was in 2nd grade... we had outside cats but that was it until we got shadow in 2001

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my Dad had a cat the whole time I was growing up. But I got my first when I was ten, but he ran away from home.
Then the next year when I was eleven my parent's bought me Bubbles, the cat they currenlty have.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I grew up with dogs. I was 30 when I got my first kitty -- who would have been a dog if I had had an appropriate lifestyle. She sure taught me!
Same for me except I got my first kitty when I was 42 (which was January of this year).